onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Snippets from Page's Press Conferance

Staffs Live (@StaffsLive) tweeted at 0:31 pm on Thu, May 07, 2015:

Page: It's been a roller coaster since I took over, aim was to stay in division and go from there

Page: The football club needs a shake up, staff have been in putting in the work

Page: Roles and responsibilities will have to change within the club

Page: I've been waiting for the opportunity to bring in my own backroom staff, including new GK coach

Page: Appointments need to be made quickly, so that we can work on things together

Page: Michael Brown's focus next year will be more on the coaching side than playing

Page: Smurthwaite and family have been superb, have given everything for the football club, grateful for the trust they showed

Page: There's not a lot that needs to be changed in regards to players, but mentality needs to change. There may be 4/5 new faces

Page: We will make the changes for the right reasons, some will be squad players, some will make an impact

Page: We hope to keep hold of Pope, O'Connor and Marshall. Offers have been made

Page: A two year deal allows me to put my own stamp on things

Page: The last two months were quite testing, been a massive learning curve

Page: Now we've stayed in the division, we need to build on that. Work with players that I can play my own football with

Page: Main areas for focus in the summer are defenders and strikers, but also players that offer pace and creativity

Page: The spine of the team must be experienced, then get blend right with youth. Can't play with eleven 18 year olds,or eleven 38 year olds

Page: We are looking to bringing back Ryan Inness from Palace

Advert

That's what I expected.

If we can keep - and I doubt it - our better out of contract players, along with the likes of Neal and Moore, we do then only need to add another 4-5 to them to have a good team at this level, depending on the quality we bring in.

His comments are right about defenders and creative, quick players.

And it's good to hear we'll try and get Inniss back. He'd make a big difference to the back four if he can avoid getting booked in every game.

Realistically we are not going to get rid of 20 players and replace them with 20 new ones.

Williamson/Yates/Daniel/Robertson/Mohamed/Birchall need to go along with Glover and Grew plus if Brown will be more focused on coaching then Page needs 7 new players plus Inniss on loan......if it is 4/5 new players to include Inniss then that is 3/4 new signings.....Collins/Coulibaly/O'Sullivan/Junior......plus a striker to replace Nimely.....and a right back.....will there be loan signings and development squad signings as well.

If Page can get Inniss on a season long loan and sign up Collins plus a new right back perhaps even on loan like say Grimmer then with Deen-Conteh

that is essentially a new back four with Veseli/Duffy/McGivern/Dicko.....then with Neal/Johnson/Boot that is the rear guard for next season.

In midfield with Brown coaching the club had O'Connor and Lines plus say O'Sullivan and Junior and on the wings Andoh and Coulibaly as back up for Marshall and Moore.

Upfront Pope and Dodds with Campion and a replacement for Nimely as the lad has burnt his bridges.

(Plus along with Boot/Smith/Lloyd there is 5 new Youth Graduates in particular a centre back and a playmaker

Along with Kapend upfront who are said to be very very good)

So the above sketch of a first team squad with the classic ideal of two players for every position plus a handfull of

youngsters could be roughly the sort of squad to expect.....just hope the new right back and striker are quality players)

From those comments then I'd imagine we will only see 4-5 going out then(unless our better players reject deals!), I am now more convinced that Yates, Williamson and possibly Birchall will get new deals and that the likes of Duffy,McGivern,Dicko will still be here aswell?

Has it been confirmed yet if Glover has gone back to the academy or got rid of yet?

Archived