onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yeovil T 1 Port Vale 2 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Next week can be enjoyed now with a chance to play some potentials for next season.

Glad I'm not a Coventry fan, they've got Crawley away and although Notts would have to win at Gillingham, Crewe beat Bradford and Orient win at an out-of-form Swindon it's quite possible they could go. Still, who cares apart from Smurf? For the rest of us it's a matter of passing interest!!

Advert

Positives: We're safe, Pope seemed to have a good game - happy with the result. Better players like O'Connor and Marshall we have more chance of keeping because they wouldn't have dropped to L2.

However, negative tactics lead to their equaliser. Anyone and everyone knows how poor we are defensively, so why rely on the defence? And for 30 minutes!!!! I could understand it if it was 5/10 minutes left and they were pressing but they weren't even doing that. I completely blame RP for that. I was on the fence about him but if he can't see that we needed to press for a second goal then maybe he's not our guy.

Next week I'd to see some of the young players given ago seens as we have nothing to lose. Then lets have a right good clear out. No massive squad next season, just a squad of quality topped up with premier league starlets.

What led to their equaliser was a poor clearance by Veselli no one else to blame.

Great feeling, as it was imperative that we stayed in League 1 next season with so many Midlands and North-West clubs in there. If the current bottom 4 stays the same (Crawley, Orient, Colchester, Yeovil) that will be ideal, with Burton and Shrewsbury coming up. Hopefully Bury will join them and Rotherham will drop instead of Millwall (although they blew a huge chance today against Derby).

Well done, Vale, despite Page's best efforts to give us a heart attack or nervous breakdown, or both. Great effort by the lads.

Now it's time for a complete clear out, starting with the management team, so a new manager can clear out the dross.

If we don't, we will simply go through all this next season.

Sweet Jesus I have aged several years in those last few minutes. That was horrible - we tried to **** it all up in the last seconds again. Sweetest tasting beer I've had in ages.

I'm agreeing with you there. I was refusing to open one until the final whistle went! I'm not worrying too much about the future at the moment, just bathing in that relief that it's all over, regardless of next week. The table shows how much bother we'd have been in had we even drawn at the death.

What led to their equaliser was a poor clearance by Veselli no one else to blame.

What led to Veseli making the mistake was negative substitutions that saw us sit back against a team bottom of the table that we had previously been ripping apart.

It's a team game. I see your point about individual mistakes but if we'd gone for the jugular we wouldn't have been in a position to make a mistake in the first place.

Next week can be enjoyed now with a chance to play some potentials for next season.

Glad I'm not a Coventry fan, they've got Crawley away and although Notts would have to win at Gillingham, Crewe beat Bradford and Orient win at an out-of-form Swindon it's quite possible they could go. Still, who cares apart from Smurf? For the rest of us it's a matter of passing interest!!

I bet someone on OVF still thinks we can go down.:laugh:And Relax.:upthevale::upthevale:

Archived