onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 25th Apr 2015, Yeovil v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Probably get slaughtered for even suggesting this, because i) it's spending the chairman's money for him again, and, ii) it's putting money into another team's coffers. But, given the critical nature of the game, the distance away and the fact that a good vocal following could be worth its weight in gold, maybe it's worth subsidising supporters' coach travel to Yeovil?

Might be better to make the final home game cheaper if we are still needing a point or more after Yeovil.

Advert

Tricky game now considering their turn of form... That said they are bottom by some way and there's a reason for that so we need to go at them and try and win. Apparently they parked the bus today and nicked a 1-0 so if Page goes 1 up top it could be a dull game!

Mathematically, we might still need something (a draw will do) but to get anything there these last couple of weeks we'll have to be right up for it.

If there's only 60-90 mins footie to be had out of Pope over the last two games, I wouldn't start with him. Maybe bring him on at half time as per PNE if things are going badly.

Campion might benefit from the whole week to rest, so it would be between him and Dodds to partner Benji first half. I'd go Dodds just behind Ben.

I'd also go with Birchall out wide because I think he balances Marshall a bit and pulls his weight defensively.

Defensively, I'd start how we finished against PNE.

Yeovil unbeaten under current manager Sturrock, wins against Sheffield U and Swindon. We need to be prepared, it will not be easy.

This was my concern once they were relegated.They now have no pressure on them.They can try out a new system to see how it works in preparation for their next season.All the pressure will be on Vale.

Hard game but the players after tuesdays matches will know whats required of them .

A win would be fantastic and i say go all out attack so heres my team .

Neal

Veseli Collins Dicko

Dodds Brown Oconnor Marshall

Coublay

Pope Williamson

Coublay to be given the free role and told to go at them from.the off.

Campion no thank u ,lets set up positive and go for it with next seasons possible matches v Blackpool ,Burton.Shrewsbury ,Chesterfield ,Fleetwood ,Oldham ,Walsall ,Coventry ,Crewe ,look what is at stake.

Go for it !and finish the job in style .

No negative set up play from.the off to win !

Hard game but the players after tuesdays matches will know whats required of them .

Neal

Veseli Collins Dicko

Coublay

Pope Williamson

Campion no thank u ,lets set up positive and go for it with next seasons possible matches v Blackpool ,Burton.Shrewsbury ,Chesterfield ,Fleetwood ,Oldham ,Walsall ,Coventry ,Crewe ,look what is at stake.

Yes it would be nice to attack and win the game but we must not lose it otherwise it will be down to a very nervous last game. This season reminds me of the year we went up and finished with 4 consecutive draws, I can see the same think happening this time.

Yes it would be nice to attack and win the game but we must not lose it otherwise it will be down to a very nervous last game. This season reminds me of the year we went up and finished with 4 consecutive draws, I can see the same think happening this time.

Things maybe clearer after Tuesday`s games, a draw maybe enough?

Neal

Veseli Collins Dicko

Coublay

Pope Williamson

I wouldn't change the formation too much at this late stage and I definitely wouldn't play Dodds as a wingback.

The team selection will depend on fitness. i hope Tom is fit!

I wouldn't change the formation too much at this late stage and I definitely wouldn't play Dodds as a wingback.

The team selection will depend on fitness. i hope Tom is fit!

I would play the team we finished with at Yeovil.

Popey up front with Dodds sitting behind.

Couibally on the right and Marshall on the left with Brown and Oconnor in the centre.

Back Four Yates Veselli Colins plus Diko' and of course Chris Neal in Goal.

Then we must go for it and I recon we will get two or three goals before they wake up.

If we let them get confidence the longer the game is 0-0 I think they could beat us.

The secret will be to get an early goal then it will be over!

Mathematically, we might still need something (a draw will do) but to get anything there these last couple of weeks we'll have to be right up for it.

If there's only 60-90 mins footie to be had out of Pope over the last two games, I wouldn't start with him. Maybe bring him on at half time as per PNE if things are going badly.

Campion might benefit from the whole week to rest, so it would be between him and Dodds to partner Benji first half. I'd go Dodds just behind Ben.

I'd also go with Birchall out wide because I think he balances Marshall a bit and pulls his weight defensively.

Defensively, I'd start how we finished against PNE.

I may be wrong, but according to my maths there is no way we can go to Yeovil not needing a point at least, a win would be much better. Notts County and Orient could both lose midweek but would still have 2 games left - and if they both win we could need 5 more points !!!!!!!

I would play the team we finished with at Yeovil.

Popey up front with Dodds sitting behind.

Couibally on the right and Marshall on the left with Brown and Oconnor in the centre.

Back Four Yates Veselli Colins plus Diko' and of course Chris Neal in Goal.

Then we must go for it and I recon we will get two or three goals before they wake up.

If we let them get confidence the longer the game is 0-0 I think they could beat us.

The secret will be to get an early goal then it will be over!

I wish I was as confident as you that an early goal would seal it for Vale. I am not a doom and gloom merchant, but we have to be honest and look at the number of times we have let winning positions slip I'd only feel really sure if we were 3 goals up with 5 minutes to go.

In some ways I think the priority might be not to concede early, as they showed they can keep a clean sheet in their last 2 games against Sheffield United and Swindon and we might spend the rest of the match flailing to undo an early goal against us.

Archived