onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

give me strength

andy jones

No ST I at that time, and after my resignation from the SC committee, was still responsible for the RW shares and was obligated to ascertain the views of as many Vale fans as possible and to place the vote with what the majority wanted.

To do that we held a turnstiles vote in which we'll over 90% voted in favour of Millar on the basis that fans at the time believed the media reports that he had paid for his shares.

I can recollect very clearly Jacko definitely not recording a vote in his favour.:D

I passed the results of this vote onto Pete W

Earlier than this whilst I was Chair I did publicly state that because Bratt had tended his resignation as long as He got his share money back with Lloyd buying them and Glenn O had confirmed he would not be standing for 're-election then as far as I was concerned the war was over as all the original V2001 Board were gone we should now stop Starve em Out and buy STs

Obviously as history as shown those that followed V2001 were just as bad for the club.

I apologised once that became clear that I got it wrong in hindsight. Perhaps that is what you are thinking ST?

Advert

Finally those that weren't deeply involved with the removal of V2001 have no idea the stress and strain it brought onto those that were.

I could name at least a dozen people who practically dedicated their lives for about two years to remove V2001.

We didn't all agree with each other all the time but we fought and won one he'll of a battle.

Unfortunately once they went those that took ownership of the club were just as bad so new fans came along and took up the fight and won another war.

And whilst all this was going on we raised somewhere in the region of £70,000 from grass roots Vale fans to create a truly fantastic memorial of our greatest club legend.

I am sorry ST that the plaques were not names on the plinth, but perhaps you can consider your £100 when looking at the statue today as a fitting personal memorial that you originally envisaged.

I purchased a name on the plinth, I didnt make that purchase as a donation to the statue or the fund but as a memorial to a friend who sadly died many years ago... It was a specific purchase... when I questioned the plaques I was told to come up with ideas to raise money to either change it or have a refund.

The decision to change tack with the plaques was done without consultation, apparently, and because the money was needed for something else other than the names on the plinth or because there wasnt enough money to complete the contractual agreement

If it had been any other business it would have been in the small claims court a long time ago.

Perhaps, as ST has stated, the SC should have been as professional as you say smurf/vale should be... which I agree with.

Being sorry the names on the plinth became plaques and asking think of it as a personal memorial doesnt tug at my heart strings... to me the plaques are shoddy, cheap and personally offensive.

who do I contact to get it removed?

that was what I heard a long long time ago from someone who had just bought a company out of receivership,the person said that there were concessions made which would benefit him and the company for up to and including a 3 year period,so was he bullshipping me.:mad:

Absolutely Geo.

I only browse on here nowadays and very rarely reply. But it seems the same old moaning for moanings sake still exists.

Dave,this is one pathetic thread you started. A thread which wouldnt come to light should we be safe and ready to go for next season. Sadly we are not.

Never forget where we have come from and my comment about the plaques should send memories back to bad times and a chairman who had no clue whatsoever.

Norman has his faults. Without doubt. He is still learning. But in my eyes he has done wonders for our club in such a short space of time.

He deserves more credit than he gets.

He gets things wrong but which chairman doesnt?!

Im more than happy with Norman and trust that he will get it right in the summer regarding the management and players.

Youve got a hell of a nerve Dave to start a thread berating our best chairman since Belly, considering its still very, very, very fresh in my memory that you voiced your appreciation of Deakin and Miller and demanded fans back them.

With respect Dave... AndyJones.. You talk utter nonsense.

Up the vale.

the oystons and palios haven't covered themselves with glory either, norman seems better that those pair of buggers.

Archived