onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Squad for next season

leedsvaliant

I think people are going over-the-top in praise of Michael O'Connor.

The worst disciplinary record of any player. 6 assists. 5 league goals, but were any from open play? Sign him up, but I'd hope we could get someone better. There's got to be a Robbie Earl, Ian Taylor, Ray Walker or Ian Bogie out there somewhere.

Advert

The worst disciplinary record of any player. 6 assists. 5 league goals, but were any from open play? Sign him up, but I'd hope we could get someone better. There's got to be a Robbie Earl, Ian Taylor, Ray Walker or Ian Bogie out there somewhere.

I'm certain we couldn't sign a better centre midfielder in this division than O'connor. There's much more to his game than goals and assists.

I disagree O'Connor for me is the best midfielder we have had here for many years,he isn't on a par with Earle etc but to say get someone better would be difficult in this League.

For me the only players I think we need to keep are:

Neal

Veseli

O'connor

Marshall

Moore

Brown

2 of those are in contract, add to them the signings of inniss and Collins and we have the making of a decent side.

If you think Ryan Inniss will sign for Vale, no matter how much we offer, you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

He won't drop below the Championship and I'm sure there are many Championship clubs who'd take him.

If you think Ryan Inniss will sign for Vale, no matter how much we offer, you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

He won't drop below the Championship and I'm sure there are many Championship clubs who'd take him.

Disagree Mel. I think we could sign him on at least a 6 month deal. plus he will be coming back into the game after a long term injury this season. The club have treated him well since his injury, plus him coming up to watch a match shows he has some feeling for the club and the team.

I think we could definitely get him on loan for half or full season. He clearly has an affinity for us coming to watch the MKD game.

I'm concerned as to whether we'll go all out and Smurf will give RP (or whoever) a promotion level budget or will we just try and take a chance on youngsters. If you look at the sides promoted from this league, it's usually those with the bigger budgets (Yeovil aside) that prosper.

It also concerns me that RP has little experience in signing players and will keep a large proportion of the existing squad.

Smurf says that he has the finances to take us to the Championship but I think he needs to back that up otherwise crowds and finances will dwindle very quickly.

Disagree Mel. I think we could sign him on at least a 6 month deal. plus he will be coming back into the game after a long term injury this season. The club have treated him well since his injury, plus him coming up to watch a match shows he has some feeling for the club and the team.

iniss will be a probable as will streete depending on their recovery from injury.cashley wants his balls blowing off for the cack handed way he shipped players out to rangers, all in the pursuit of the folding stuff.

It would be frustrating (if we stay up) to just tread water or worse next season.

If Sheff U go up, there are no biggies left in Division 3 next year so we really should be in with as much chance as anyone for a play-off or automatic spot.

I was thinking that the other day. Next season the league should be more even if you judge sides by the size of their fanbase and/or historical achievements. Although I'd be surprised if Sheffield go up tbh, they've not impressed me in either game against Vale. If the playoffs stay as they are based on quality I'd say MK Dons(I'd go for Preston if they overhaul them in 2nd) are the best side on their day but the POs are a lottery at times, even Swindon and Chesterfield have a bit more flair and guile in their team than Sheffield imo.

I'd expect Barnsley to do better next year too having finished this season well, and you can't rule Bradford out with their fanbase. 2 out of the above at least(Swindon and Chesterfield for example) are still going to be at this level too and both IMO generally play better stuff than Vale consistently!

Coventry will probably be the biggest club(IF like us they stay up) but obviously off the field issues their will mean their budget will probably be lower than if all things were equal. Again though will they do as badly again?

Then obviously you've got Wigan and probably Millwall who you would expect to do well in League One, Blackpool are a bit of an unknown one too, will their slide continue or will they have players to do well in League One?

I disagree with you, he will be at a league 1 club for at least half of next season. It would be a big risk for championship clubs to give a lad who has only played a few league 1 matches a chance, especially with his injuries. He probably is good enough for the championship but I'd be very surprised if anyone took a gamble on him yet. IMO he will be in league 1 for at least half the season next year. I also don't think it's anything to do with money, palace aren't exactly going to be bothered about a grand or so a week, I'm sure there more interested in inniss getting a proper development at a league side.

Archived