onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 14th Apr 2015, Scunthorpe U v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

I did say at first swap Ben for Mo, but Im not so sure now. Having missed the home game, I don't know what sort of side they are. If they try to play football from the back, then we need to press high up the pitch as we did yesterday. Think I'd stick with the same team and go at them from the off. I think we need to win as it will be psychologically damaging if we do find ourselves in the bottom 4 come Tuesday night with Preston to face on Friday.

Page has a few hard decisions to make.

You'd be tempted to say 'same again' but it was a tough afternoon for the players, who ran their socks off, and he might also be thinking of Friday night's game (equally as hard).

I wonder if another 3 days rest might help Pope to edge towards getting fitter. Certainly we do have a few lads who could come in and play their part - Culibaly, Birchall, McGivern among them. He might want to chop and change 3-4 to freshen it up.

Personally I wouldn't. I'd worry about Friday on Wednesday morning (not before) and I'd tell the same team to go out and perform again as they did against MKDons. It's another difficult game but we have a better chance there than on Friday night I think.

looking at the players at the end their players looked far worse than ours, they were knackerd and as for Robinsons comments I think the pressure is getting to him because for large parts of the game we ran them ragged,we aint out of it yet but that was an encouraging performance.

looking at the players at the end their players looked far worse than ours, they were knackerd and as for Robinsons comments I think the pressure is getting to him because for large parts of the game we ran them ragged,we aint out of it yet but that was an encouraging performance.
I only hope most of our players will be ready for Tues night.

Page should pick the same 11 again if they are fit - being realistic I think we have more chance of getting a result against Scunthorpe than we do against Preston. Plus a lot can happen between now and Friday. Scunthorpe are in the same boat as us and will no doubt have disgruntled fans at the match. IF we press them as hard as we did Prefab FC then we have a chance of quieting their crowd and causing unrest. If we go there and try and park the bus we will suffer because they will send wave after wave and we may stave of but it will bite us in the bum in the long run. No - I do believe our best option is to be in their half most of the time and be working their defence. If we get a win, great but if we get a draw by attacking then that is two points they dont get. Then rest on Wednesday and Thursday and let Page worry about who plays Friday.

Really enjoyed sat so no complaints if started the same xl although Coublay might just be the catalyst maybe play him up top with Campion ,he seems to want go past players he could easily be vales matchwinner .

Neal

Veseli Duffy Collins Dicko

Dodds Oconnor Brown Marshall

Coublay Campion

Williamson.played well sat i thought but i think Coublay has got a lot more up his sleeve than.Willo so try that .

Archived