onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 11th Apr 2015, Port Vale v Milton Keynes, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Even if many want a change of manager I don't think it's practical and if Page went Grew & Glover would be put in temporary charge.

You can't expect anyone new to significantly alter things in 5 games, when they don't know the players and don't know much about how other teams play. We have to go with what we've got - and support the players on the pitch, to get us across the line.

Post-mortems can come later.

As we know, they knock the ball around for fun and are quick and decisive. I don't think they have a lot of tall players. So I suppose he'll keep Duffy at the back and Collins, I think, should be fit, so I expect he'll replace Robbo. We don't want two big lads if they are passing it to feet and running the channels.

But do we try and pack midfield and stifle them or 'go for it' knowing that when we do have the ball the weakest part of their team is their defence? And they have been beaten this season by worse teams than us. But if you stand off them and watch them play then you're in trouble.

O'Connor surely will be back. I hope he goes for two wingers and Culibaly gets a chance. Will he throw on Campion if Pope is injured?

Who'd be a manager? Somehow we have to get forward and create more. I think we all worry that to get anything out of the game at all we'd need to score 2-3 because they surely will.

Watched them against Swindon on TV last week, they knocked the ball around quickly, defended fairly solid and put away their chances. All of which we don't and won't do.

Nothing less than a comfortable away victory and just hoping the score line doesn't get out of hand, as goal difference could be the decider in 5 games time.

We're not playing a team from a higher league. They can be beaten if everyone puts in a shift, wins their battles and gives their all. Until lately they've been on a poor run.

I've seen them in two away games and the only way you can counteract their style is to pressurise men on the ball, get in their faces and compete hard. They can be knocked out of their stride and they too can panic at the back.

If you sit off them and let them play you've had it because they are like a Championship team when they knock the ball around.

We're not playing a team from a higher league. They can be beaten if everyone puts in a shift, wins their battles and gives their all. Until lately they've been on a poor run.

I've seen them in two away games and the only way you can counteract their style is to pressurise men on the ball, get in their faces and compete hard. They can be knocked out of their stride and they too can panic at the back.

If you sit off them and let them play you've had it because they are like a Championship team when they knock the ball around.

Well that's what we do every single game so we're buggered then.

The last Saturday game at home this season. Time for a blockbuster shock against a promotion contender? Will our management structure be the same? Surely O`Connor will be playing?

Depends on if he has played any games for the Reserves during the week. You know he can't handle two games a week according to our illustrious leader - Mr Page.

Even if many want a change of manager I don't think it's practical and if Page went Grew & Glover would be put in temporary charge.

You can't expect anyone new to significantly alter things in 5 games, when they don't know the players and don't know much about how other teams play. We have to go with what we've got - and support the players on the pitch, to get us across the line.

Post-mortems can come later. Why not put Mr Brown in as caretaker manager and tweedle dumb and dumber to help. Ask Mr Hughes to help as well. He always gave everything when he was at Vale. If Vale do find the goal - then he can do his dance on the sidelines.

O'Connor surely will be back. I hope he goes for two wingers and Culibaly gets a chance. Will he throw on Campion if Pope is injured? No he will use Williams and Campion will sit on the bench. Coulibaly will also keep him warm on the bench. Probably playing i-spy another white wash

Who'd be a manager? Somehow we have to get forward and create more. I think we all worry that to get anything out of the game at all we'd need to score 2-3 because they surely will. We have got used to that mentality due to our fragile defence letting goals in for the fun of it

Will page grew glover be going to M K DON'S for tonight's game against Scunthorpe or will they rely on the D V D disc they will be sent after the game if they do go please sit in different parts of the ground so you can make notes then sit down together to analyse them to work out how best to beat both teams or is that to much trouble.

Archived