onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Papa Smurf picking the team!

wwindsor

Advert

Good god I'm going start taking happy pills before coming on here just lately. 😂. Lighten up Guys. People take Twitter and social media far too seriously. And let's be honest, he couldn't do much worse than the defence we've got, considering its got more holes in than a box of ruddy PG tips 😂

I'd rather have SMURF in defence than Yates, Robertson, Dickinson and Duffy! :D

Having read a lot of what NS has said, I think he has two "hats" when it comes to he Vale; his owner "hat" and his "fan" hat. How I see it, because of his passion for the vale, the lines between the two become a little blurred at time and when he speaks on social media, I think he's doing so, more with his fan "hat" on. I mean let's be honest, is he saying anything different to what we have been saying/thinking?

Norman has stated that he would be issuing P45's to several of the squad selected by Page. He clearly sees the same as we do sat in his roof top position. What does concern me therefore is why oh why is Page therefore selecting the same old, same old, underperforming players? If we and the Owner are obvious to the deficiencies in the squad why is Page unable to change his actions by picking certain players so clearly lacking?

It is obvious who has not played well for some time yet they still find their names in the 1st team squad and more depressingly actually in the 1st 11. It has not worked for a while so change for other squad players to actually play in their "best" positions has been needed but still the Manager persists in selecting the usual, consistently poor players! It's no wonder we are all frustrated and crowds are declining.

Come the end of May and Norm has promised there will be a few leaving and not offered contracts or asked to go on loan again. Will Page be then given permission to seek out players "he" wants? That will be the time we will be able to see if he honestly accepts quite a few in the squad are not worthy of progressing Vale further? In the meantime we have to bide our time and see if we can achieve consolidation and stay in this Division. Norm has repeatedly shown his hand and again dipped into the coffers to secure what we hopefully have all been crying out for in a tall, commanding, young, efficient centre half.

Norman and RP's worry must be that three of the under performing back four are under contract for next season and if they dig their heels in and are happy to stay and pinch a wage, it will have a big dent on next years budget.

Get them loaned out with the loanee club paying part wages.

Archived