onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Papa Smurf picking the team!

wwindsor

from the following quote it sounds like smurthwaite is still very much involving himself with the footballing side of things (ie which players we sign/he likes), despite insisting that page has full control over this - - although as grew is also going maybe its better that smurthwaite does scout the players for himself?!

omg.

Advert

I find it bizarre that, I get that he needs to control the purse strings but to see the player himself, what's all that about?
Not really, as a businessman he is trying to understand the business he has put time and money into, I assume he has enough sense to leave the final decision to his paid experts.

Not really, as a businessman he is trying to understand the business he has put time and money into, I assume he has enough sense to leave the final decision to his paid experts.

That makes sense. Plus Smurf exhuberates fanatical passion for the Vale and is putting in a lot of time and effort (& cash).

It's good to have him at the helm.

What's to understand? He chose the manager to manage, whether NS thinks he's a good player or not is irrelevant. Sanction the deal or don't sanction the deal depending on finances by all means but his opinion on a footballer shouldn't matter..
My point was understanding the business.

The owner(s) should be brave enough to choose who they think is the best man for the job and back them to do what they're paid to. Not every manager works out, but when others interfere (not necessarily saying NS is just trying to make a general point) you're verging on Ron Noades territory.....

And Ron Noades went and won his divisional title when he did that!

I dont understand this debate about Smurf picking the team.

Smurf owns the club, he is using his own hard-earned cash to improve our facilities and is clearly attempting to attract more people in and give us a team to be proud of.

And still people sit at their keyboards fabricating rumours about him picking the team and generally criticising his efforts despite them having absolutely no actual knowledge of anything.

Compare Smurf with the bratt pack and count your blessings, supporting Vale hasnt been this exciting for years

I dont understand this debate about Smurf picking the team.

Smurf owns the club, he is using his own hard-earned cash to improve our facilities and is clearly attempting to attract more people in and give us a team to be proud of.

And still people sit at their keyboards fabricating rumours about him picking the team and generally criticising his efforts despite them having absolutely no actual knowledge of anything.

Compare Smurf with the bratt pack and count your blessings, supporting Vale hasnt been this exciting for years

Never a truer word hs been spoken. Sad truth KS, is some people never learnt how to stop whinging post V2001 and MOLD and will continue to pick fault with the stewardship of the club in perpetuity

Never a truer word hs been spoken. Sad truth KS, is some people never learnt how to stop whinging post V2001 and MOLD and will continue to pick fault with the stewardship of the club in perpetuity

Hey, steady on mon ami, are you saying we still have whinging post V2001? Well! I'll go to the bottom of my socks ;)

Archived