onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change Needed NOW!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

I'm not sure if you were extremely naive or extremely shrewd when you asked for 6k over 3 homes games.

If you thought that Port Vale would get over 6k against Gillingham and Posh, then you really did show that you are not a football man. Any level headed supporter would be wise enough to know this. And, as a Chairmen you should be diligent enough to look at history and see that attendances against opposition like Gills and Posh only produce good gates in rare situations.

This is why I'm ambivalent on what you stated. Was it that you knew that 6k was unachievable? Therefore, you could keep your hand in your pocket and then use the blame game as an excuse not to add to the squad?

Most people realise that you have spent a lot of your money at our club, and we are grateful for that. However, you keep on stating that you've 'done more than my bit'.

No relationship will or has ever worked when all one party keeps saying is look at what I've done for you. Love is unconditional and if you really love Port Vale then you cannot keep on telling us/everyone that it's not your fault because you are great. All this will bring is animosity.

I think that there is one thing that you could do that would not cost you one more penny, and that is to offload Glover and Grew. This would be money saved and it would release Page from the shackles of their constant failure since they both gave up the game.

I am not sure I am either

To qualify my quote I have done my bit

I have delivered a lot more than I originally stated l would contribute this season

I am beginning to understand both the needs and challenges we at PVFC face

No contracts will be terminated until May but then there will be several

The fear of Blank Canvas l endured last season will not be repeated this time round

Last season I gave a honest appraisal of our Play Off prospects and was slated for having no ambition

I will always be direct and sometimes brutal in my assessment but that does not mean my passion or desire is any less than yours

Same as last season then

I asked for support 6k attendances over 3 games it did not happen

In a partnership both sides need to work at it

I have more than done my bit

When are you going to wake up and realise this is YOUR business - YOU bought it .. "I have more than done my bit" .. Stop crying, man up & run your business .. 1st thing, get your customers on side , no business has ever been successful by berating its paying punters

When are you going to wake up and realise this is YOUR business - YOU bought it .. "I have more than done my bit" .. Stop crying, man up & run your business .. 1st thing, get your customers on side , no business has ever been successful by berating its paying punters

Thank You I should try harder

I have delivered a lot more than I originally stated l would contribute this season

The fear of Blank Canvas l endured last season will not be repeated this time round

Last season I gave a honest appraisal of our Play Off prospects and was slated for having no ambition

I will always be direct and sometimes brutal in my assessment but that does not mean my passion or desire is any less than yours

Oh, I can tell that you are passionate. This is apparent from your actions at the games and your sometimes frustrated comments on a site like this.

You have taken on an incredibly difficult job and I commend you for having the testicles big enough to even try.

What change do you want? another manager? what if that manager lost three on the trot? another change? get real. we aint Barcelona, or Arsenal or even Bournemouth with their millions to spend on players. We are where we belong at the moment. we ar not going to win every game. We will win some, lose some, play well sometimes and play absolute s h i te other games.

Well for a start, it would be a change to see a sensible starting line up. It's all very well playing 4-5-1 but if you have not wingers who will support the front man then it doesn't really work does it? So why the hell we persist with Birchall when Moore would seem ideal is beyond me and many other supporters.

It would also make a change for us to not waste the first 45 mins of each games playing the most turgid, negative football in order to keep things tight, only to ultimately fail by conceding (a) sloppy goal(s). Surely it's time to abandon this tactic as remind how many clean sheets we have actually kept under Page?? By my reckoning one, against a side who get half the gates we do and had their 3 best attacking players out.

Not sure what you mean by a blank canvas. That's something often seen as a positive.

I'm also worried that you are only now beginning to understand the needs of the Club. I don't have as much involvement with the Club as others do but remain concerned about the quality of some of your

admin/commercial staff.

It's often said that good businessman have good people around them and, football matters aside, I don't think you do. I realise that these individuals won't necessarily affect the quality of the product on a Saturday but they go a long way to maintain professionalism and the long term stability of PVFC.

Eddie there has been a fair old turnover in Commercial staff with another being told today he is being finished.

I think that Norman has made it very clear there will be a big turnover at the season end and if the spine of the team remains experienced Neal, A.N. Other, and Pope then bringing the kids on could be a very exciting season next time round.

Archived