onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change Needed NOW!

Biddulph_PV

I appreciate what you are doing (and have done) but that really doesn't address the problems. There has been no attempt by the manager to address the glaring weaknesses or the fans concerns and potentially the season ticket income for next year.

My priority is first secure League status.Then I feel the 'creche' as you refer to should be given more time on the ball

Whoever the Manager is next season there will some major changes that l can assure you

Advert

Results were improved in his honeymoon period. Now back to reality we are ****, playing rubbish football with rubbish tactics. Wasted another 20 quid today watching that complete tripe.

I agree and sympathise to a point. Let Page choose his own squad and back room staff but please appoint a chief scout. Recruitment is essential as you have found out. Have a clear plan and stick to it. You will always have the final word but use it wisely. Open your mind to the supporters and more experienced men in the game.

Awful awful awful!!! Another 45 mins wasted with THE most negative line up ever. More dreadful defending.

What change do you want? another manager? what if that manager lost three on the trot? another change? get real. we aint Barcelona, or Arsenal or even Bournemouth with their millions to spend on players. We are where we belong at the moment. we ar not going to win every game. We will win some, lose some, play well sometimes and play absolute s h i te other games.

My priority is first secure League status.Then I feel the 'creche' as you refer to should be given more time on the ball

Whoever the Manager is next season there will some major changes that l can assure you

Thank you for your time and patience. I respect your opinions etc but my impatience knows no bounds having little else to moan at after selling my business (once of course I have completed the tasks set by the sherriff)!

Same as last season then

I asked for support 6k attendances over 3 games it did not happen

In a partnership both sides need to work at it

I have more than done my bit

You will have at Vale around 4500 regular attenders unless you get regular results if you want to attract the floaters more often there has to be a better product on show, if you want to increase the fan base then you need more regular success eg promotions,challenging,cup runs over a sustained period.I think you'll find that's how it is.

Fans have rallied before in the passed with 6500 season tickets sold only to be let down by the football.

Why do I like you one week and dislike you the next? The best thing you have said so far.

Easy answer - don't watch them then.

Today had problems, but a battling performance and another building block, and what makes you think we should keep clean sheets against a team who scored 4 at Chelsea ? It had pretty good entertainment value, and many talking points. We cant win them all, but matched them well.

The positives are the 31 points from 21 games since Rob took over, and anything else will have to wait until the summer when he gets the chance to mould the team his own way.

Or you could just defect to Anfield or Stoke City and you might feel more at home there with the other moaners.

That's the spirit !! See if you're still saying that when everyone has stopped going (that's on top of the thousands that already have)

I bet the Bradford website is in meltdown,letting a poor defensively minded Port Vale get back into a game they never looked like getting anything out of.

Or credit to the Vale for sticking to the task and scrapping a point against a physical experienced Bradford side

Disappointing today but far too early for any knee-jerk reaction about Page.He has been left with an unbalance squad(No decent central defender,no 'legs' in midfield,no wingers).He needs to be given an opportunity to get his own backroom staff and players in the summer then he can be judged next season.

He's said way too often he's very happy with the squad and doesn't need players in

Same as last season then

I asked for support 6k attendances over 3 games it did not happen

In a partnership both sides need to work at it

I have more than done my bit

I'm not sure if you were extremely naive or extremely shrewd when you asked for 6k over 3 homes games.

If you thought that Port Vale would get over 6k against Gillingham and Posh, then you really did show that you are not a football man. Any level headed supporter would be wise enough to know this. And, as a Chairmen you should be diligent enough to look at history and see that attendances against opposition like Gills and Posh only produce good gates in rare situations.

This is why I'm ambivalent on what you stated. Was it that you knew that 6k was unachievable? Therefore, you could keep your hand in your pocket and then use the blame game as an excuse not to add to the squad?

Most people realise that you have spent a lot of your money at our club, and we are grateful for that. However, you keep on stating that you've 'done more than my bit'.

No relationship will or has ever worked when all one party keeps saying is look at what I've done for you. Love is unconditional and if you really love Port Vale then you cannot keep on telling us/everyone that it's not your fault because you are great. All this will bring is animosity.

I think that there is one thing that you could do that would not cost you one more penny, and that is to offload Glover and Grew. This would be money saved and it would release Page from the shackles of their constant failure since they both gave up the game.

You will have at Vale around 4500 regular attenders unless you get regular results if you want to attract the floaters more often there has to be a better product on show, if you want to increase the fan base then you need more regular success eg promotions,challenging,cup runs over a sustained period.I think you'll find that's how it is.

Fans have rallied before in the passed with 6500 season tickets sold only to be let down by the football.

True, Vale will always have 4,000 or 4,500 fans. you cant expect more really.

Archived