onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker???

wwindsor

Advert

Isn't it frightening that the chairman and manager are talking complete opposites? We don't need a striker - end of. We do need defenders if we need anyone. Why waste money on yet another player we don't need but we can't offer Pope a decent deal.

Total rubbish I suspect that all this is linked.

Why dont we need one? I admit its not the main area that needs strengthening but we do miss a lot of chance. If the striker will actually improve us then fair enough.

GO SMURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smurthwaite @smurfpvfc · Jan 25

Valiants.I now more determined to fund the required changes to be in The Championship if not this season then next.We will succeed & arrive

Micky has signed a contract.

Mickys contract is on the table.

Micky will sign next week.

Isn't it frightening that the chairman and manager are talking complete opposites? We don't need a striker - end of. We do need defenders if we need anyone. Why waste money on yet another player we don't need but we can't offer Pope a decent deal.

Total rubbish I suspect that all this is linked.

Perhaps Smurf wants someone better than Pope who can get us 30 odd goals a Season in this League.😁

We do need a regular scoring forward. If Smurf has found one then great. This smacks to me of getting ourselves ready for the time Tom leaves?

However we also desperately need a commanding centre half, at least 1 full back and a magician in midfield before we can dream about the Championship. Smurf knows this and I would hope Page also. Wheeling and dealing to be done before we get any of these but in the meantime if our powers in charge believe they have unearthed someone better than the players we already have, we have to be optimistic and allow the jigsaw to be put together slowly.

Why dont we need one? I admit its not the main area that needs strengthening but we do miss a lot of chance. If the striker will actually improve us then fair enough.

Smurf says that money is tight so surely when this is the case you spend what money is available on the priority area. In our case, it's the defence.

Or do you disagree with this as well?

Smurf says that money is tight so surely when this is the case you spend what money is available on the priority area. In our case, it's the defence.

A defender is the priority as I agreed but if the striker would genuinely improve the side and give us what we've been missing then it certainly isn't a waste of money and would be an improvement to the team.

A stiker who can get us 30 goals a season, on a free transfer, and be paid 40/50% less than Pope. Cloud cuckoo land.

They are out there, its a case of finding them.

We got Popey on a free for far more than 50% less of what hes on now and he scored 30+ goals.

We also got Mcphee and Brooker pretty cheap too, add to that constantine

Archived