onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker???

wwindsor

Somebody has put a picture on Facebook of a personalised plate on a white audi leaving Vale Park. Plate reads Evans. Would Smurf do a U-turn? I think not unless the 'fresh evidence' is seriously compelling. I also think it's probably a wind up but there you go.

It was the Rotherham manager. He's signing Duffy.

Advert

This thread is about Vale signing a new striker. I would assume you don't live under a rock and are aware of a certain striker with the Surname Evans who is a free agent...

Oh of course, surely he wouldn't be daft enough to have a personal plate with all the recent negative publicity about him!

I could do my best. I want players who can match the opposition, not just do their best. Adam Yates is awful, bugger him off!

Not sure you understood my post?

I acknowledged that Yates isn't a world class player, or even anywhere near Andy Hill (for me the best right back I've seen play for us) but I can't agree that he's awful or that he isn't good enough for this division, based on the fact he was in our promotion side, we finished 9th last season and we're mid table so far this season. If I thought he was rubbish or didn't put in the required levels of effort or had a bad attitude I'd join in with the 'dump him' calls but I don't think that and I also wonder what all this unfair criticism is doing for the lad's confidence and desire to turn out for the Vale. He'll be replaced one day as everyone is but until we sign someone within budget who is better than him I for one appreciate his efforts.

Not sure you understood my post?

I acknowledged that Yates isn't a world class player, or even anywhere near Andy Hill (for me the best right back I've seen play for us) but I can't agree that he's awful or that he isn't good enough for this division, based on the fact he was in our promotion side, we finished 9th last season and we're mid table so far this season. If I thought he was rubbish or didn't put in the required levels of effort or had a bad attitude I'd join in with the 'dump him' calls but I don't think that and I also wonder what all this unfair criticism is doing for the lad's confidence and desire to turn out for the Vale. He'll be replaced one day as everyone is but until we sign someone within budget who is better than him I for one appreciate his efforts.

I don't think anyone doubts his effort. I think the point is progression - we're not quite ready to compete in the top 6 of this league and this is one of the positions that will need improving if we're to take that next step.

I don't think anyone doubts his effort. I think the point is progression - we're not quite ready to compete in the top 6 of this league and this is one of the positions that will need improving if we're to take that next step.

Substitute the word 'efforts' for 'contribution' and you'll see that my point is not just based on how hard he tries, I know and accept 'effort' alone isn't enough but that's not what I said. This thread is / was about getting a new striker and thus debating where we need to strengthen first, it's just my opinion that I don't see a new right back as top priority.

Archived