onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tranmere Reserves 1 Port Vale Reserves 2

TheSage

When has he missed chances for the first team? He's only played about 30 minutes at the end of matches. The lad deserves a go from the start not ten minutes at the end. It may be that he isn't good enough but we won't know unless he's actually given a chance.

Missed one at Chesterfield where he let the ball bounce rather than hit it first time. Missed a header at Gills. Didn't go to Swindon so can't comment on that one. What the argument basically seems to be is "drop our top scorer in favour of someone with no track record of scoring goals outside reserve team football and USA college football". The evidence suggests Page won't play 4-4-2, so that is what it amounts to.

Steve Thompson and James Lawrie scored goals for our reserves. Where are they now?

Advert

Missed one at Chesterfield where he let the ball bounce rather than hit it first time. Missed a header at Gills. Didn't go to Swindon so can't comment on that one. What the argument basically seems to be is "drop our top scorer in favour of someone with no track record of scoring goals outside reserve team football and USA college football". The evidence suggests Page won't play 4-4-2, so that is what it amounts to.

Steve Thompson and James Lawrie scored goals for our reserves. Where are they now?

We shouldn't drop our top goalscorer.. we should just play 4-4-2 and get crosses into the box for the strikers to score and then we will be fine like we did in league two. I think we need to start running forward towards goal instead of keep passing it back all the time.. it's frustrating.

I don't know if Campion is good enough for the first team or not but I feel he will deserve an extended chance soon, it's going be interesting to see what happens over the next few games with Dodds possibly out and Pope coming back to fitness, straight swops or change of formation?

Campion has missed chances and not scored any for the first team though. I don't know if Campion is any good (I have my doubts from the snippets I've seen) but nor do most on here.

Played less than 45 minutes total. If he scored any goals in that time it would be a miracle. Our top scorer as you put it has only just caught up pope who has been inured for months, and has been playing lone striker. Not exactly a huge accolade. Especially as we have a midfield almost devoid of goals.

Absolutely ludicrous that we have a "scorer" in our midst but he can't even make the subs bench last Saturday. There are many players in our squad who have been given countless chances to show what they have but with Campion we are not allowed to see him have a run of games in the first team so we can judge if he's good enough or not!!

Couldn't give a toss that he has not proven his ability yet as you can only do that if you play!

Come on, we have all endured pathetic finishing/poor attitudes/barren spells by everyone ever given a chance at Vale so now surely is the time to at least give Campion a couple of games. What have we got to lose? We are crap anyway at present and honestly have offered very little threat in front of goal , save the odd game. If Page feels he is not up to scratch why on earth is he still here and banging them in for the reserves? No sense whatsoever. Christ, if Birchall and some others are regarded by Page as our future then boy oh boy are we in for some dark days ahead. Give the fans a tonic by allowing Campion to prove a point, or not in the first team. My head aches in trying to comprehend what we do with some players once they sign for us. Got to credit Campion for his patience. He must be bursting to play, having had to watch some pitiful displays from his seat on the bench, or indeed in the stands!

We shouldn't drop our top goalscorer.. we should just play 4-4-2 and get crosses into the box for the strikers to score and then we will be fine like we did in league two. I think we need to start running forward towards goal instead of keep passing it back all the time.. it's frustrating.

we should drop our top goal misser.

anyone else had as many chances as he has in front of goal would be on 20 by now. give someone else a chance,

if campion doesn't get an extended go this Saturday itll just go to prove what a lot of people are thinking not just on ovf but everywhere and that is there is a clique at vale park of a small number of players who cannot do anything wrong regardless of how crap they are.

Without disrespect, Campion does deserve a chance, but it will come in good time.

How many chances has Williamson missed? He's still a valuable player and, as you point out, top scorer.

How many chances has Pope missed? He is still our best striker and one who puts fear into opposition defences.

You can't just dismiss Campion by saying "don't know if Campion is any good" and " I have my doubts from the snippets I've seen". I'm not sure from the (online) snippets I've seen either. But every single player that has ever been a success has off days, makes mistakes, misses chances and has critics who say they will never make it.

I like his attitude, from what I can see so far. "Bonne chance, mon ami", I say!

Without disrespect, Campion does deserve a chance, but it will come in good time.

How many chances has Williamson missed? He's still a valuable player and, as you point out, top scorer.

How many chances has Pope missed? He is still our best striker and one who puts fear into opposition defences.

You can't just dismiss Campion by saying "don't know if Campion is any good" and " I have my doubts from the snippets I've seen". I'm not sure from the (online) snippets I've seen either. But every single player that has ever been a success has off days, makes mistakes, misses chances and has critics who say they will never make it.

I like his attitude, from what I can see so far. "Bonne chance, mon ami", I say!

Agree with all of that. My point, clumsily made perhaps, was more that I have faith that Page will chuck him in when he is ready. At the moment, Page evidently doesn't think he is ready, and I can see his point.

we should drop our top goal misser.

anyone else had as many chances as he has in front of goal would be on 20 by now. give someone else a chance,

if campion doesn't get an extended go this Saturday itll just go to prove what a lot of people are thinking not just on ovf but everywhere and that is there is a clique at vale park of a small number of players who cannot do anything wrong regardless of how crap they are.

I agree that Campion should be given a chance but I don't see why we should drop our top goal scorer just because we can't simply just change our formation to 4-4-2 then they can both play together.

They certainly werent clear chances, not really even half chances. As I say he may not be good enough but he deserves a chance.

Point is that the Vale team which is mainly an unchanged one over the last ten games has concede 40% more goals that what it has scored.

Hardly a top six performance.

Drastic changes seem neccessary. goal scorers? Campion knows where the net is for starters.

Defence? Magic wand needed.

Archived