onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another reason 'British' people don't have jobs!

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I would like to see Richard Littlejohn slip on some greasy leaves and fall on his **** in to a puddle, badly bruising his coccyx in the process.

(I actually invented a variant of that 'I went to market and I bought...' game once where you had to state your choice and remember other participants' list of unpleasant things that you would like to see happen to Bono. I might take the Littlejohn version in to Dragons Den. I'll bring the Gary Barlow version out next year.)

No wonder the whole benefits bill is such a *******scandal. Which other country in the world offers the opportunity to receive £30K without lifting a finger--apart from--using them to shovel more chips & burgers into their chops? If it wasn't so serious, it would be funny and we tax payers are funding their fat lifestyles!!

What defines no fault of their own?

No excuse for laziness!

So if you were a steel worker about to be made redundant after 25 years hard work, because the Chinese are dumping state-subsidised steel on the world - are you lazy? Should you receive any benefits?

Some people really are thick - you should think before you post on here!

So if you were a steel worker about to be made redundant after 25 years hard work, because the Chinese are dumping state-subsidised steel on the world - are you lazy? Should you receive any benefits?

You have to feel sorry for people in this country who were not brought up to do anything else but manufacturing. The Potteries is just one example where hundreds have resorted to low paid jobs. And not helped by the oversupply in Labour in this country.

No THAT does not define lazy, where did I suggest it did?

Some people should read and comprehend before they post ;)

make them earn their benefits, give them a brush and get the fat idle so and so's sweeping the leaves up or cleaning the pavements,litter picking,empting bins, even the boniest of idle could do menial work, in Holland the alkies have to do some cleaning and sweeping if they want their extra allowance, so if they want drink they have to earn it.

make them earn their benefits, give them a brush and get the fat idle so and so's sweeping the leaves up or cleaning the pavements,litter picking,empting bins, even the boniest of idle could do menial work, in Holland the alkies have to do some cleaning and sweeping if they want their extra allowance, so if they want drink they have to earn it.

Who decides '...fat idle so and so's? What criteria will be used to assess them for 'work for benefits'?

Who decides '...fat idle so and so's? What criteria will be used to assess them for 'work for benefits'?

I think there is a big problem here in what you highlight in that NHS employees can cave in and mark someone as sick because of fear of reprisal. I had a work colleague around 5 years ago who, when he left openly told everyone that would listen that he'd taken 20-30 days off a year for years with fake illnesses! This type of attitude and the benefit cheats that claim an illness and then are caught out running it playing golf or working cash in hand don't help the genuine amongst us who really do have debilitating illness.

What is the Australian system?

Here most if not all employees for large companies in the private sector and possibly all of the public sector have `sick pay` as part of their total remuneration package, along with their salary and pension and paid leave etc...Often negotiated through unions as a bargaining tool in the whole package when it comes to annual pay rise negotiations. When not used through necessity it is a terrible waste not to use one's 'allowance' up.

Unless my boss is reading, in which case it is very wrong!

What is the Australian system?

Here most if not all employees for large companies in the private sector and possibly all of the public sector have `sick pay` as part of their total remuneration package, along with their salary and pension and paid leave etc...Often negotiated through unions as a bargaining tool in the whole package when it comes to annual pay rise negotiations. When not used through necessity it is a terrible waste not to use one's 'allowance' up.

Unless my boss is reading, in which case it is very wrong!

Kind of similar to that.

Anyone who works for an Australian company gets two weeks (10 days) sick leave otherwise known as personal or carers leave;

https://www.qld.gov.au/jobs/entitlements/pages/leave.html

For they don't use it they lose it and my English friend was told to take 3 days 'sick' at the end of his year otherwise he would lose it by his boss!

I on the other hand working for an American company didn't get it, didn't qualify for Aussie bank holidays and also worked most American ones! 'No justice for the workers' as my friend kept saying and rubbing in! :laugh:

I worked for a boss who didnt give time off for sickness, holidays or bank holidays... no family time,paternity leave or easing up a little after a bad night... always pushing for new ideas, products and ways of turning money over... a constant and relentless drive forward...

If you complain about what your company/boss doesnt do for you... try being self employed.

Archived