onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another reason 'British' people don't have jobs!

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

These people really are the dregs of society...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/too-fat-work-26-stone-4975950

Put down the lard and go for a jog fatties!

Given a choice between them and their ilk and migrants I would choose the latter every single time! :)

Thankfully UKIP will come down on hard on people who use benefits as a long term hammock. UKIP have proposed to give people short term unemployed through no fault of their own more in benefits as long as they have paid into the pot, and all this was discussed by the UKIP chairman at the conference.

Thankfully UKIP will come down on hard on people who use benefits as a long term hammock. UKIP have proposed to give people short term unemployed through no fault of their own more in benefits as long as they have paid into the pot, and all this was discussed by the UKIP chairman at the conference.

What defines no fault of their own?

No excuse for laziness!

There is an elderly couple around the corner from us who could claim certain state benefits but don't because they reckon they can manage as they are. Contrast that with these people who demonstrate such a disgraceful attitude. Reminds me of this

Brilliant,'Lazy cow' sums it up nicely.

The trouble is if there is a loophole in the system you can bet this type of person will exploit it,I'm afraid we have allowed obesity to become another lifestyle choice for the lazy.

Brilliant,'Lazy cow' sums it up nicely.

The trouble is if there is a loophole in the system you can bet this type of person will exploit it,I'm afraid we have allowed obesity to become another lifestyle choice for the lazy.

It is obvious these people need help, and it does them and the taxpayers no favour to just dish out benefits. Having worked at and for tabloid newspapers, I know only too well how this story will have been tailored for bringing out maximum venom and am surprised how easily it wound up some posters to extreme anger.

The answer is in the detail, as usual - even the tabloid has printed the reason for this state of asffairs to continue, and that is that disgusting food like endless chocolate and crisps is affordable for these people and even though the woman admits she likes fruit, wont buy it because of the price.

Why not give her a fitness/nutrition counsellor for a year, visiting 3-4 times a week, and bringing fresh fruit, lean meat, organic produce and large supplies of vegetables, olive oil etc. - all paid for out of the £30,000 benefits and I would feel much happier if my tax was being used that way rather than to encourage her to continue a situation that will only get worse with diabetes, stroke or heart attack for them both. Use more of the benefit to give them free swimming lessons and special exercise starting very gently, and no co-operation would mean no money at all.

Just in case anyone thinks I am 'soft' I'd also ensure that any extra earnings that are made as referred to in the article are taxed in full, and deducted from the benefit amount. Must admit I felt sick at the thought of that thing taking its clothes off though, that was much more disgusting than the rest.

I'm all for the above solution but what happes if they refuse it all?

Not sure if it's the same story but there was a story over the weekend of a lady who is refusing gastric band surgery cos she says it's her right to do so. Do we withdraw benefits to force someone to have such surgery?

• 2 weeks later...

All this is very depressing. We are currently being bombarded with anti-welfare state propaganda and I suspect it's all part of a larger plan to acclimatise us prior to swathing cuts in welfare. The people highlighted in articles such as these are at the extreme ends of the spectrum and are newsworthy because of their difference to the norm.

That said our wonderful welfare state is in need of some serious overhauling in order to protect it, otherwise it could end up being destroyed and who wants to go back to the pre-war years with rampant disease, poverty and early deaths for the working class? The rise of the underclass and people shown in these articles is a direct consequence of the witch Thatcher's policies, the disciples of whom are now the noisiest advocates of dismantling the welfare state.

I am not defending useless waster slobs but I am concerned that we could end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Archived