onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon 1 Port Vale 0

Caz or caz123

Advert

Not being able to keep clean sheets is killing us.

It isn't great I agree but goals can and will be conceded, even by the better teams.

At least we are conceding fewer goals, and the amount of silly goals and soft goals from set pieces has reduced drastically since Page took over.

We're not a million miles away. Put Pope back in the side and get a couple of better full-backs and we'd be right up there in the play-off race. Neither Dickinson or Yates are good enough for League One, while Veseli is a much better centre-back than he is full-back, likewise Duffy, although I'm still not sure about him.

It sounded like a decent effort today against a side that's very likely to go up.

Colchester beat Swindon at their place about two weeks ago. Football is truly a funny game. I imagine Vale should have just 'parked the bus' like Colchester obviously did and snatched the win. I would think a draw away from home should always be the priority then go to attack mode when we are 1-0 up!

Colchester beat Swindon at their place about two weeks ago. Football is truly a funny game. I imagine Vale should have just 'parked the bus' like Colchester obviously did and snatched the win. I would think a draw away from home should always be the priority then go to attack mode when we are 1-0 up!

We didnt exactly go there to batter them either. Parking the bus works every so often, but the majority of times you concede immediately and then end up chasing the game. Pages tactics were fine for me today and losing 1-0 to swindon away isnt bad at all.

Hopefully in a few weeks we will have:

Neal

New RB

Veseli

Duffy

New LB

Oconnor

Brown

Marshall

Lines

Nguessan

Pope