onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page on Williamson

andy jones

Advert

I hate slating players as a rule but at this point at time it's worry that the manager sees fit to support players who can be described as woeful.myou say timely Dave, I say misplaced and frankly bonkers

In what professional capacity do you feel the need to criticise Page ?

More than deserves his place in the starting eleven and long may it continue. He had a quiet game last time out at VP which gave the haters the chance to turn the knife on him. I wonder how many bothered to make the trip to Crawley to see him pushing for man of the match? He put in a shift and a half and was generally excellent but don't let that get in the way of a yet another bashing.

In what professional capacity do you feel the need to criticise Page ?

We have some good players and yet in a fairly open league the best we can do is grind results out when we should be better. The team is making hard work out of games because they are carrying players who aren't good enough- Williamson being a case in point. He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't score, in fact I'd love to know what he does do.

I know it's not Page's fault but we need a clean sweep and I genuinely don't think we'll crack on until the chairman stops taking the cheap option and employing the coaching staff he does. Page is the exception to me but it has to be him and his own coaching staff, not the deadwood that's been part of the problem for 10+ years

More than deserves his place in the starting eleven and long may it continue. He had a quiet game last time out at VP which gave the haters the chance to turn the knife on him. I wonder how many bothered to make the trip to Crawley to see him pushing for man of the match? He put in a shift and a half and was generally excellent but don't let that get in the way of a yet another bashing.

Hes had more than the one quiet game last time at vale park. Nobody is doubting he played well against Crawley, but once every 6/7 games just isnt good enough.

As Yukon commented early Williamson offers very little he isn't strong on the ball, doesn't tackle well. So all he offers is goals but unfortunately he hasn't got a striker's instinct and goes to pieces when he is in sight of goal unless we are already comfortably in front.

It's admirable for Page to support him but sadly Williamson simply isn't good enough and to keep selecting him is unfair on the others frontmen.

As Yukon commented early Williamson offers very little he isn't strong on the ball, doesn't tackle well. So all he offers is goals but unfortunately he hasn't got a striker's instinct and goes to pieces when he is in sight of goal unless we are already comfortably in front.

It's admirable for Page to support him but sadly Williamson simply isn't good enough and to keep selecting him is unfair on the others frontmen.

He offers pace clearly and the ability to run channels, something the others, possibly Nimley aside don't, I would imagine that's what Page is talking about.

Players do deserve a chance but by now in this stage of his Vale career even Pope had scored lots of goals and transformed himself.

We do need a clear out in the summer which given the chairmanship words is hopefully coming and people like Williamson, Dodds, Birchall and Dickinson will be at the front of that list.

He's not good enough. Simple as that. Even if he scores a 3 goals today he has very few average games never mind good ones. I understand he played well at Crawley but one good game doesn't make you a good player. In the end of the day he is a striker who doesn't score.

I'd love Ben to be prove me wrong.

Get behind all the lads that Pagey picks and stop critising individuals would be a good idea surely!!

This is a forum where people give their thoughts and opinions. The support is there for the players on match day but the joy of football is we all have different opinions which we can express on here.

Even the great john rudge picked players we all disagreed with, I to would like see someone play in willows place but I will support rob pages judgment over the fans , remember just 3years ago so many questioned what pope bought to the team alongside mark Richards, trust in page

Archived