onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 14/15 (Not just Liverpool talk)

TylerB

Do you still think it will be Rodgers' decision next season, Beechy?

Absolutely. Liverpool had a terrible start to the season and a poor finish, the United loss completely derailed the side. But you can't forget that for a few months Liverpool were the form team in the league and a top 4 finish looked every bit a possibility until that loss to United at Anfield. I think Rodgers deserve another season but he must get things spot on in regards to the transfer activity this summer as his record for us is very poor, despite the odd gem, and Liverpool need to be fighting for Champions League spaces right until the end of the season.

I expect there to be some big changes this summer with the likes of Johnson, Toure, Enrique, Lucas, Sterling, Balotelli, Borini and Lambert all moving on. Theo Walcott and one of Charlie Austin or Christian Benteke would be sensible and realistic moves to add attacking options, although the latter might be wanted by other big clubs that could offer Champions League football.

Advert

Sterling has the potential to become a world-class player. He's had a poor season compared to the standards he set himself in the previous one but he's still 20 and has an awful lot to learn still. The likes of Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Real Madrid won't go in for him for no reason whatsoever, it's because they can see a young player with huge potential and an agent that's only interested in filling his own pockets. Jordan Ibe is a better player at his age than Sterling was and I don't think Rodgers will be afraid to start him in games next season.

Hopefully the Theo Walcott move will come off as he would be a more than adequate replacement fort Sterling.

Im hoping Theo and Sterling don't swop clubs, as I prefer Theo any day over Sterling. Arsenal don't need Sterling, they need a new Keeper, a defender, a CDM, and a striker. Not another winger..

Im hoping Theo and Sterling don't swop clubs, as I prefer Theo any day over Sterling. Arsenal don't need Sterling, they need a new Keeper, a defender, a CDM, and a striker. Not another winger..

Wenger is on record to be a big fan of Sterling. I agree that you don't need him, but I can easily see him at Arsenal next season. No doubt if joins you he'll suddenly become a belting little player in your eyes once he's scored a few goals. :shifty:

Walcott plus cash would be a fantastic bit of business for us. But I think he'll end up at Manchester City, and probably on the bench more often than not.

As I said earlier on this thread, Sterling will end up as the next Shaun Wright-Philips. Could have been a good player, but moves for money and will sink without trace through lack of game time. Wonder if certain people have changed their mind now it looks like he is no longer going to be playing for Liverpool...? :)

He's not too popular at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32802010

He's not too popular at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32802010

I think now it's just a matter of where he ends up, and not whether he might be a Liverpool player still next season. Rodgers and the club have stood by him, he had a terrible attitude and caused no end of problems within the dressing room up until Rodgers took over and put a bit of sense to him. He's a player with big potential but he seems to think he's the man already when in fact he still has an awful lot to learn, and Liverpool would have been the right place for him to progress as he's guaranteed to be in the side every week. That said, Rodgers probably regrets now calling him "the best young player in Europe" as he very much seems to be believing his own hype.

I think now it's just a matter of where he ends up, and not whether he might be a Liverpool player still next season. Rodgers and the club have stood by him, he had a terrible attitude and caused no end of problems within the dressing room up until Rodgers took over and put a bit of sense to him. He's a player with big potential but he seems to think he's the man already when in fact he still has an awful lot to learn, and Liverpool would have been the right place for him to progress as he's guaranteed to be in the side every week. That said, Rodgers probably regrets now calling him "the best young player in Europe" as he very much seems to be believing his own hype.

His agent is even less popular than Sterling now.:ohmy:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/raheem-sterling-contract-talks-cancelled-liverpool-make-decision-following-900000aweek-outburst-from-agent-aidy-ward-10267226.html

I think Sterling and his agent are having a bit of a competition between themselves to see who can look the biggest idiot.

Decent enough player but massively overhyped for one good season last year when he was playing with a world class striker.

I'd love to see Liverpool make him rot in the reserves for two seasons and damage him as much as he is trying to damage the club but I very, very much doubt they will.

He could very well end up the next Scott Sinclair.

Perhaps Sterling just wants to win trophies and has realised that he has no chance of doing so at a club managed by a man who think that Ricky Lambert and Mario Balotelli are adequate replacements for Luis Suarez.

Completely choosing to ignore the fact that Rodgers tried to sign both Alexis Sanchez and then Marco Reus as Suarez's actual replacement. Lambert was only ever bought in as a squad player while Balotelli was a gamble from the very beginning, a gamble that obviously hasn't come off.

In all seriousness what player, realistically, could have replaced a player like Suarez? Outside of the obvious two he's the best player in the world.

Archived