onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loan Player's Accomodation..

bar1

There is asbestos in thousands of building's though out the country.Including many hospital's,school's,libraries etc.Yes it can be very dangerous,can be lethal.But as long as it is NOT disturbed it should be OK.There would be a massive H&S issue if any tests were done and asbestos was found to be airborne.The place could be closed down and who ever responsible could be jailed.But unless it is disturbed there should NOT be a problem.

Correct, any building built before 1999 will have asbestos in it.

But as you say, as long as it's not disturbed it's perfectly safe.

Advert

May be worth Vale considering buying a house.

Nothing too fancy. We have some of lowest house prices in UK so wouldn't have to be expensive to get something decent.

Least then you have an asset rather than money down drain & you have control over the house.

If we have a few loanees then sharing may help with team bonding too.

How about those buy a house for £1 deals in Portland street area?

Are they still available?

Could be a good investment once done up.

We paid for Jabba Miller to have a furnished apartment in Trentham, yet as Billy Knott alluded to we're sticking players in a £30 a night dive which isn't a brilliant incentive for them to come here. They must be bored out of their minds after training.

Norman has something like 130 houses in his portfolio....if I had capital like his available to me I would be looking at acquiring derelict housing and brownfield land in Burslem and Middleport for pennies, knocking them down and rebuilding them in the style of Port Street in Middleport.

http://webapps.stoke.gov.uk/uploadedfiles/Port%20Street%20Development%20Brief.pdf

i thought fatty miller stayed in one of mike lloyds establishments.

Good shout. Think they're owner occupied only though.

I was thinking something like 3/4 bed semi. Say Sneyd Green for what, 140k. Could extend if needed but would house 3 loanees comfortably.

Near enough to Hanley and Popey could show them the delights of Stoke.

I'm sure NS will have looked at this though.

You've seriously gotta laugh at some of the fantasists on here.They want Vale to spend £140,000+ on a property for loanee and a bunch of chancers.Where exactly is this money coming from ? If Vale had that kind of money spare then I would rather see it spent on a quality player that will strengthen the team.Come on Vale fans wake up.

You've seriously gotta laugh at some of the fantasists on here.They want Vale to spend £140,000+ on a property for loanee and a bunch of chancers.Where exactly is this money coming from ? If Vale had that kind of money spare then I would rather see it spent on a quality player that will strengthen the team.Come on Vale fans wake up.

Oh yeah. Better putting them in a hovel at what £600-700 a month? Makes great business sense.

140k is 6-7% of our budget this year. Or probably 1.5 players. It'd be an investment.

Where do players like Enoch Andoh stay when they've first signed?

The George AND the North Stafford are that Hanley dump are old and tired..........The Vale should do a deal with the 'Moathouse' at Festival Park......as i have stopped in all of them it is ultra modern in comparison.BTW thats where Stoke house their players.

Vale would have no chance of one of those £1houses, they were for helping people struggling to get on the property ladder , with lots of clauses in the contract, e.g sell on clauses and loans to pay back on renovating work

The George AND the North Stafford are that Hanley dump are old and tired..........The Vale should do a deal with the 'Moathouse' at Festival Park......as i have stopped in all of them it is ultra modern in comparison.BTW thats where Stoke house their players.

perfect that would be - good location, good hotel (gym and pool) and plenty to do round there. Would certainly create a better impression - its the little things that make all the difference.

Archived