onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robertson

valefanintean

Advert

In view of what Robbo has said it's clear to me that Norm is going to be offering reduced terms (if any at all) to quite a few of our squad at the end of this season and is hence getting in so many loan, young players to replace them. We have to realise that our budget is not elastic and we must balance the books as a priority. None of us want to be in the position we were recently so perhaps a wise move by Norm now to make certain players think that they are not expendable at Vale?

Hopefully with Page's obvious intent on ensuring we play Division 1 footie again next year there now looks like a concerted effort by all to not only keep a sensible budget but to continue our success on the pitch. Fans need to show patience and belief that we are going in the right direction. It could well be that we will see some of our "favourites" in a similar position to Robbo before this campaign is over so surely we should back our club and treat the Owner and Manager with respect and leave them to decide what is best for Port Vale?

In view of what Robbo has said it's clear to me that Norm is going to be offering reduced terms (if any at all) to quite a few of our squad at the end of this season and is hence getting in so many loan, young players to replace them. We have to realise that our budget is not elastic and we must balance the books as a priority. None of us want to be in the position we were recently so perhaps a wise move by Norm now to make certain players think that they are not expendable at Vale?

Hopefully with Page's obvious intent on ensuring we play Division 1 footie again next year there now looks like a concerted effort by all to not only keep a sensible budget but to continue our success on the pitch. Fans need to show patience and belief that we are going in the right direction. It could well be that we will see some of our "favourites" in a similar position to Robbo before this campaign is over so surely we should back our club and treat the Owner and Manager with respect and leave them to decide what is best for Port Vale?

Micky did great things for our club but scouting and talent spotting as well as relationship building with agents doesn't seem to have been a strong point of his. As for Robertson's pay the assumption I make is that he is being paid above average for his service, not the lads fault but is he that much better than say Jon Mccombe when he was with us? In my opinion he wasn't.

Hopefully with the hard work Smurf is doing to talent spot we can have a good blend of young talent and experience, without over spending.

Micky did great things for our club but scouting and talent spotting as well as relationship building with agents doesn't seem to have been a strong point of his. As for Robertson's pay the assumption I make is that he is being paid above average for his service, not the lads fault but is he that much better than say Jon Mccombe when he was with us? In my opinion he wasn't.

Hopefully with the hard work Smurf is doing to talent spot we can have a good blend of young talent and experience, without over spending.

Exactly mate what I was alluding to in my post. Our future could be very bright on and off the pitch if Norm and Pagey continue to pull rabbits out of their hats!

Incidentally should you not now be calling yourself "Jinkin Mark Marshall?":laugh:

For me there are still big question marks about him on the deck. He was more of a presence in the air than usual though on Saturday.

I think he'd be a good defender for us if that was all he concentrated on. For some reason he thinks he's some kind of gifted playmaker who can see the perfect ball, before knocking it 20 yards over the head of the striker and out for a goal kick. Thank the lord he didn't go up to take any long throw ins on Saturday for 2 reasons; a) it left him out of position for when the attack broke down because b) his 'long throws' weren't much cop anyway.

He's a better defender when he concentrates on his positioning and the defensive side of the game, laying it off to a midfielder or full back. When he thinks he's some sort of David Beckham / Dave Challinor hybrid, then he looks gash and can get in the queue for the exit door.

Unfortunately all this will do is make it harder for us to sign experienced pro footballers, once the word gets around that we "reward" establised players with a pay cut. Problem is that the punters want to see big name players like Michael Brown not a team of potential stars who may or may not make it. Veseli is probably going to be a great player but look at the grief he gets on here. This should all have been kept behind closed doors not brought out in the media. Can't stop the players talking to their mates though I guess.

Norman has already said that we have to base the budget on our core support being around 3500. It's reasonable to assume that this figure won't sustain many big wages.

It's not too late for our attendances to increase and thus give a bigger budget for next season, but that means as many people who claim an allegiance to PVFC getting to games and putting their money where their mouths is/are.

I repeat moron.

Seriously, if you dont think he was at fault for around 15 of our goals last season you are deluded.

Last season's gone although if you are going to discredit him then you have to credit him for the goals he scored.

Anyway it's the here and now that counts, how did he play on Saturday?

You don't have to hate everyone, it's not a prerequisite of being a football fan.

Archived