onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robertson

valefanintean

Advert

I would imagine the financial reasons were purely to save a wage. Also, the centre-halves were signed by the chairman not R P in the period where he was interim manager, so there is no issue here with R P telling him he was part of long-term plans.

I think an arm round the shoulder is needed, play him again at MK and tell him to show us he can and will be a big part of Vale's future. I like him to play because he also scores a few goals and the winning header at MK would not do any harm. Good luck Robbo, stake your claim for a place long-term and help us get a lot more clean sheets.

The headline contradicts the main body of the article.

Chris Robertson: Port Vale dropped me for 'financial reasons'

Port Vale defender Chris Robertson says that the club told him he was free to go out on loan for "financial reasons".

The first sentence has a different meaning to the second. Anyway, strikes me that he's using this to encourage people to check him out whilst he's actually getting some game time.

he can go for all i care

he had a decent game Saturday but his limitations were there to see. he can't pass for toffee and gets caught out of position. he can 'do a job' but we won't progress with him in the back 4.

just my opinion of course.

Seems, like Pope, that he might be one of our higher wage earners and NS is trying to get them off the wage bill.

Just as Pope was a bit taken aback by it all I suspect Robertson is thinking along the same lines.

I was just glad we had him to call on at the weekend or we'd have been in the deep stuff.

The headline contradicts the main body of the article.

The first sentence has a different meaning to the second. Anyway, strikes me that he's using this to encourage people to check him out whilst he's actually getting some game time.

Sub-editors write/decide upon headlines and lead paragraphs, not the player interviewed. Maybe he wants us to check him out more carefully, he certainly should keep his place next game.

For me there are still big question marks about him on the deck. He was more of a presence in the air than usual though on Saturday.

agreed

the best defenders these days are footballers as well. unfortunately robbo doesnt fall in to that category.

and before anyone slates me, he'll get my support every game he plays.

Archived