onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dead-end Streete?

smithie

they had a say... they said yes... they could have said no

People who didn't know you better might think you were being argumentative on this point for the sake of it, but I'm sure that cant be true.:ohmy:

Just in case though, let's have an analogy. Your rich neighbour has several cars, and one of them needs to be run and started from time to time, so he agrees to lend it to you for a month after you tell him you are having trouble commuting to work. He does say he might need it back, which you don't like a lot, but agree to as there will be no dealwithout this bit (If this bit is too tricky to understand ask for help)

A while later when the arrangement is working well, and you have come to rely on using the car, he suddenly asks for it back, and leaves you in the lurch. Maybe he has said he might do this, but it comes just a day after he has said you can borrow it for another month or two. How do you feel - maybe knowing you could have borrowed another car all the time but now it is not so easy to arrange that?

Advert

People who didn't know you better might think you were being argumentative on this point for the sake of it, but I'm sure that cant be true.:ohmy:

Just in case though, let's have an analogy. Your rich neighbour has several cars, and one of them needs to be run and started from time to time, so he agrees to lend it to you for a month after you tell him you are having trouble commuting to work. He does say he might need it back, which you don't like a lot, but agree to as there will be no dealwithout this bit (If this bit is too tricky to understand ask for help)

A while later when the arrangement is working well, and you have come to rely on using the car, he suddenly asks for it back, and leaves you in the lurch. Maybe he has said he might do this, but it comes just a day after he has said you can borrow it for another month or two. How do you feel - maybe knowing you could have borrowed another car all the time but now it is not so easy to arrange that?

If my neighbour had loaned me his car for a couple of months, paid the fuel, covered me on his insurance and breakdown I would have been grateful and returned the car whenever he wanted it... especially if the agreement/loan was written down and signed by both parties, a bit like a contract with conditions..... but then Im the sort of person who would prefer to rent one for the period I need one so I know exactly when I have to return it and can make alternative arrangements accordingly....

but then if I had several of my own already why would I need to borrow one from my neighbour?... and would I question my neighbours sanity if he loaned me his RR just because I didnt want to run my collection of austin A40's?

If my neighbour had loaned me his car for a couple of months, paid the fuel, covered me on his insurance and breakdown I would have been grateful and returned the car whenever he wanted it... especially if the agreement/loan was written down and signed by both parties, a bit like a contract with conditions..... but then Im the sort of person who would prefer to rent one for the period I need one so I know exactly when I have to return it and can make alternative arrangements accordingly....

but then if I had several of my own already why would I need to borrow one from my neighbour?... and would I question my neighbours sanity if he loaned me his RR just because I didnt want to run my collection of austin A40's?

Again you fail to manage to read things, I clearly said it was the neighbour that had several cars. Hope you read your own tax bills and bank statements and things a bit more carefully.

Again you fail to manage to read things, I clearly said it was the neighbour that had several cars. Hope you read your own tax bills and bank statements and things a bit more carefully.

Isnt that what we pay accountants for?... unless they are out on loan of course

But what if he had asked for the car back because his two best cars were in the garage being repaired and he didn't know when they would be available again?

And as geo has pointed out, what if we did have alternative cars but didn't want to use them, until we were forced to on Saturday and actually found they were far better runners than we had at first thought so hadn't needed his car after all?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3397[/ATTACH]

Just seen this on twitter.

Article in today's Sentinel valiant 593.Only 9 days left in the loan window ,then we would have to wait until January.It depends on the Newcastle injury situation and if RP wants him back.Remie seems keen to come back.

But what if he had asked for the car back because his two best cars were in the garage being repaired and he didn't know when they would be available again?

And as geo has pointed out, what if we did have alternative cars but didn't want to use them, until we were forced to on Saturday and actually found they were far better runners than we had at first thought so hadn't needed his car after all?[/quote

As I'd already stated, then told Geo again, in the example we are having trouble getting to work, so we clearly didn't have alternative cars (it was not the best analogy but feel free to provide you own).

We don't work Saturdays either (three can play at being obtuse though I bow to both your and Geo's talents on that one).

If super-Streety comes back as seems possible then I might just forgive Newcastle or let them off with a detention and 100 lines (not Chris Lines), but only if they pay the wages.

And as geo has pointed out, what if we did have alternative cars but didn't want to use them, until we were forced to on Saturday and actually found they were far better runners than we had at first thought so hadn't needed his car after all?

As I'd already stated, then told Geo again, in the example we are having trouble getting to work, so we clearly didn't have alternative cars (it was not the best analogy but feel free to provide you own).

We don't work Saturdays either (three can play at being obtuse though I bow to both your and Geo's talents on that one).

If super-Streety comes back as seems possible then I might just forgive Newcastle or let them off with a detention and 100 lines (not Chris Lines), but only if they pay the wages.

If we didn't have alternative cars, how does your analogy relate to Vale's situation?

Can my wife drive me to work in her car?

Maybe all his cars got written off in a fire so he had no choice but to ask for the return of the loaned car? Unless he borrows a car from someone else who then borrows a car from someone else who then borrows the first chap's car from me and agrees to pay me for it so I can now pay for a hire car. Job done!!

Can my wife drive me to work in her car?

Maybe all his cars got written off in a fire so he had no choice but to ask for the return of the loaned car? Unless he borrows a car from someone else who then borrows a car from someone else who then borrows the first chap's car from me and agrees to pay me for it so I can now pay for a hire car. Job done!!

Your post only proves what most people on here already know about you, wind-up merchant and not very good at it. Despite ukip not being my flavour of the month, Im actually looking forward to Carl trashing you after that by-election on Thursday after your pathetic bullying of him with the citizen carl stuff.

If you and your little gang think I will spend time arguing just to please you, then make the most of this post as Im not biting on the car thing with someone as infantile as you, some of us have better things to do.:D

ps I didn't miss the fire reference after your lengthy and snotty remarks about the Dogs home fire, maybe one day you will suffer some tragedy that will make you think about what you post. I dont see your friend mr hobbgob on here lately.

Would it be an idea to close this thread because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere? My apologies for contributing to the problem.

Yes Please - Oh dear Lord, yes please ..... It started about Reme ....... and somehow got to some one asking if his wife could drive him to work !!

Archived