onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games ?

Bea Smith

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games?

• Yes- he deserves a chance for taking vale up the table
    • No - we need another manager

Advert

Do only home games count then? Only home games against bottom of the table opposition?

Is it 2 from 12 away from home? At least that will annoy the supporters Smurf wants to go to watch Stoke.

Let's hope we get something from an away game where we should, on paper, have a chance.

I was very disappointed with the team selection this time round. I thought Page had bottled it. He did have the bottle though to change it at the beginning of second half. Streete looks a class act and should have been on the pitch two matches ago. I like McGivern and he impressed at fullback. NG and Slew put together show how important Pope is to this team. Need to get three points in my view at Colchester for Page to get job. Still prefer Aspo but hope Page can prove me wrong.

I was very disappointed with the team selection this time round. I thought Page had bottled it. He did have the bottle though to change it at the beginning of second half. Streete looks a class act and should have been on the pitch two matches ago. I like McGivern and he impressed at fullback. NG and Slew put together show how important Pope is to this team. Need to get three points in my view at Colchester for Page to get job. Still prefer Aspo but hope Page can prove me wrong.

Rob Page will have been appointed before the Colchester match as Smurf has already said he will decide by Friday and announce it. It's 100 per cent certain, and rightly so, in my view - Page has the support of the players and to bring in anyone else now would be asking for trouble. Page deserves it and could end up being the new John Rudge.

I don't think at this stage our opinion matters.

NS has said he's appointing a permanent manager early next week and taken to Twitter to say how fantastic today was.

The job is Page's. We've just got to get behind him I guess and hope things come together.

A clean sweep is what the majority want but we can't afford what we want.

I wish there was a guaranteed way of increasing attendances, partic during the winter months but unless we're top of the league Vale fans bar the die hards are never interested.

Pray we stay in the FA Cup and get a decent pay day somewhere along the line.

10 home points out of the last 12 is a damn good return, and its not to be sniffed at..Although I still think if we keep Page we will get relegated..

First half today we were garbage..The sending off totally changed the game..

Would we of beat them with 11 men??

Brill win,Though im just not convinced we are good enough to stay up after todays first half performance against 11 men.

No, no, no.Go now and take Grew with you. We're just delaying the inevitable.

If we are merely delaying the inevitable we may as well keep them and save on compensation. Personally I voted yes as I think he can do the job - whether or not he can, well only time will tell but ultimately he will fail as do pretty much all managers.

It would be interesting to take the internet back to the time of John McGraths sacking and see just how many of the Vale fans then would have taken Rudge on as manager.

The main benefit of having a new manager is that he will not have favourites and will actually pick the best players the new man sees in training. For instance would Streete have been given a game if Dicko had not been booked and in danger of getting sent off.

Archived