onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games ?

Bea Smith

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games?

• Yes- he deserves a chance for taking vale up the table
    • No - we need another manager

Advert

The question you have to ask is why do bad performances get rewarded with a place in the team. Today it worked..only because of the man advantage as being the major factor.

Eventually this will lead to complacency...I really feel sorry for the loan players..particularly Streete. who lets be honest flattered Vale coming here from Newcastle.

Too many fickle fans on these forums- a change is needed now, regardless of the result.

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 1 point in 4 away games? (I voted yes, by the way.)

So the total is 11 pts in 7 games, which would see us with near 70pts over a 46-game season. sounds ok to me.

Also, the 2 away games at Preston were against a team in peak form with 6 wins in a row, and it is generally agreed we would have got something against Fleetwood without being a man short for an hour. In fairness, maybe that balances up with today, but we won 3-0 and only lost 1-0 at Fleetwood. The other away game was a creditable draw at Bradford.

Page wil keep us up, and probably take us to the top half. I would not feel certain of that with any other manager coming in, and some of the suggestions like di Canio have been downright insane.

I predict that in the next few weeks we will see more clean sheets and move up the table with good results. Time for all Vale fans to get behind Rob Page and his management team, and if some decisions or team selections are not exactly to your liking, accept that just maybe they may have reasons we don't all know about.

The question you have to ask is why do bad performances get rewarded with a place in the team. Today it worked..only because of the man advantage as being the major factor.

Eventually this will lead to complacency...I really feel sorry for the loan players..particularly Streete. who lets be honest flattered Vale coming here from Newcastle.

Too many fickle fans on these forums- a change is needed now, regardless of the result.

NG played in his first game here and 45 mins is probably about right for a player who has not played for 3 months. Page took longer to prepare Streete but now he has played he will keep his place and be a star for Vale. Slew was suspended for 3 games but has been given a fair crack of the whip.

Campion has been unlucky to be injured but is now on the road to recovery, the other 2 are younger lads who will get their chance. Overall Page has got it about right, perhaps only Streete could have played 1 game earlier.

A little unfair to say we we only won today because of the 10 men - but not balance it out by saying we only lost at Fleetwood for the same reason and whilst we only lost 0-1 at Fleetwood and were always in with a chance, Orient were soundly beaten today and may well have been beaten even with 11 men on the pitch.

11 goals in 4 home matches is good value for the fans too, and shows attacking intent. How about giving Page a chance and watching Vale move steadily up the league.

I still aren't convinced because his starting selection was all wrong for me. The defence was still shaky and the front pairing couldn't have punched a hole in a wet paper bag. Fortunately the half time subs lifted the crowd and the players. The defence looked more assured and N'Guessan made a big difference.

Lets wait until the next couple of games to see if Page has learned a little more about his best team because at kick off I felt he hadn't got a clue.

I still aren't convinced because his starting selection was all wrong for me. The defence was still shaky and the front pairing couldn't have punched a hole in a wet paper bag. Fortunately the half time subs lifted the crowd and the players. The defence looked more assured and N'Guessan made a big difference.

Lets wait until the next couple of games to see if Page has learned a little more about his best team because at kick off I felt he hadn't got a clue.

Fair comments, though I would bet a pound to a penny that Streete starts next week and probably NG as well.

Also well done to Adam Yates who was voted Man of the Match, a few people criticise him far too much on here.

Archived