onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games ?

Bea Smith

Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rob Page be appointed permanent manager after 10pts in 4 home games?

• Yes- he deserves a chance for taking vale up the table
    • No - we need another manager

No brainer for me, he`s even got Lines tackling back, and our away performances have improved even if results as yet haven`t. There` s no reason Page cannot become a very good manager and I can`t think of anyone we could realistically attract who would do a better job.

I agree. But he still has some way to go to convince me he's got the defending sorted. Doubt whether Norman can afford to look outside--as the bookies' are suggesting Rob page is a nailed-in certainty at least until the end of the current season--and they don't get it wrong too often!

Advert

All depends on who we could bring in instead. Looking at http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/port-vale/next-permanent-manager, there are a few names e.g Billy Davies, Brian McDermott who would be good but maybe are unrealistic for a club like us but there certainly ain't many on there which stand out? Personally Gary Rowett would be my top choice but whether we could afford him is debatable and the last I heard was that he was in talks with Birmingham (I hope he was there yesterday as it probably put him off).

As for Page himself... well he's done a very good job of turning around our home form and we are now playing better football. However, away from home is still a worry and i would of liked him to be in charge for the Colchester game to see if we can rectify that form under his guidance. Another worry is that Smurf has been signing all these players and not Page which could suggest he doesn't have many contacts in the game?

Anyway, I look forward to this upcoming week when Smurf gives us an update on the position.

Think I'd probably hold back making a decision yet and give him until the end of November, we only have 1 home game and the rest are away games in November so we might have a better picture then, if he does okay in the next 4/5 games then I'd give it him until the end of the season and review again in the summer.

I was thinking along those lines, but we can't keep giving him an extra month, so I expect him to get the job and to be fair, scunny apart, the results and performances have improved under Page.

Why is this poll result so different than the one last week? Is it just based on yesterday?

Perhaps didferent people have voted - not everyone votes on every poll. Perhaps OVF have restricted th ability to take part in the poll to VALE FANS ONLY instead of every tom **** or harry who come on her eg Tunstall Potter, that ***** from Preston etc .

Perhaps didferent people have voted - not everyone votes on every poll. Perhaps OVF have restricted th ability to take part in the poll to VALE FANS ONLY instead of every tom **** or harry who come on her eg Tunstall Potter, that ***** from Preston etc .

So I'm wondering what that makes this David over here in France? :dizzy:

By the way, I voted for Page to be appointed after Tuesday's draw, but before Saturday's win.

I thought he was referring to that Preston fan that came on after the PNE game, not Davidinpreston.

I am also hopeful he was, even though I have been called things far worse than a *****, and appreciate BHF defending me.

I would hope nobody would mistake me for that ghastly creature with a face like an alien with a smacked **** called Hollywood Phil I think, who came on to taunt us after PNE's fluke victories. I pray that it lives at least a few miles away from me and not in the close vicinity, otherwise I want a council tax rebate.

10 home points out of the last 12 is a damn good return, and its not to be sniffed at..Although I still think if we keep Page we will get relegated..

That doesn't even make sense! 10 points from 4 home games equates to 50+ points over a season - usually enough to avoid relegation!!

The majority on here will only class you as constructive if you agree with their opinions. Start praising Yates & Dodds after each game and you'll be fine.

Do you really believe any of your posts have been constructive? Or positive? Or have they just been the ravings of a miserable and petty moron?

Archived