onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MOTD complaint?

For Us All

See my post above, Wez. If refs did give these more consistently it would cut it out because players wouldn't risk it. Hughes has said that he is annoyed about the media concentration on Shawcross. He says he knows the cameras are looking at him for these antics every time Stoke concede a corner. So why in the name of basic common sense has he not told Shawcross to cut it out? Why has he waited for the inevitable to happen and then had a whinge about it when he could so easily have told the player not to be so blatantly obvious in fouling strikers? Surely that's very poor management?

2nd half he did just that Jean and won every header

It's been coming on Shawcross but the media campaign against him has been embarrassing whilst others get away with a free reign

John Terry and Carvalho were the masters of it and Sktrtel and Kompany are the new masters of it

Advert

Stop trying to defend him. He's a horrible player and should be banned. Shawcross does the same fouls every game, the game at qpr was a joke; he could have given away 4 penalties! Not really a surprise he's given the most penalties away in the premiership at the minute. Also there is a difference between shawcross and Cahill. Cahill is good enough for England. Nobody else defends corners like him, yes defenders have their hands on attackers but not like shawcross who literally throws players on the ground.

Hartson is a big Swansea fan and I'm a Vale fan but IMHO he was correct. First penalty was a penalty but it was a brave decision from Oliver when you see what goes on so I hope some consistency happens in the future. Second peno was very harsh and Oliver had a good view.

My opinion on the game as a whole was that Stoke just about edged it..

I thought Swansea dominated the first half should have scored 3 or 4 and should have gone in to half time ahead. The penalty changed the game as it woke stoke up, first half they were rubbish but second half much better, passed the ball quicker and were clearly the better side. IMO a draw was fair, 1-1 but the penalty changed the game.

2nd half he did just that Jean and won every header

It's been coming on Shawcross but the media campaign against him has been embarrassing whilst others get away with a free reign

If the media campaign has had the effect of turning Shawcross into the player he was in the second half, perhaps you should be thanking them, not criticising! It's just a shame it's taken him so long to learn.

I think we saw yesterday why Hodgson won't pick him. There's a stat doing the rounds that since 2008/09 no player has given away more penalties in the Premier League. I don't think international referees would be any more lenient towards him.

What are Hartsons and indeed Monks opinions on Chico Flores ?

I don't remember them being vocal about his shenanigans last season ?

I don`t suppose Stoke ghave ever had any divers then hey? Steino must have fell over his own shadow. The premier league makes me sick with all the double standards and officials are even criticised when they get decisions right, the Shawcross pen being only one of the latest.

Archived