onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

Early thoughts after two games:

Chelsea - still struggling to score many against teams that park the bus, but at least this time they are managing to at least score 1.

Man United - no leader in midfield to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and no leader in defence.

Arsenal - same problems as Man United, just Wenger is a ****** and won't admit the problems exist.

Tottenham - Poch is doing a good job of getting the best out of AVB's players, and Eric Dier looks an absolute bargain.

Everton - Can't close out a game, defensively suspect in the last 15 minutes.

Early thoughts after two games:

Chelsea - still struggling to score many against teams that park the bus, but at least this time they are managing to at least score 1.

Man United - no leader in midfield to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and no leader in defence.

Arsenal - same problems as Man United, just Wenger is a ****** and won't admit the problems exist.

Tottenham - Poch is doing a good job of getting the best out of AVB's players, and Eric Dier looks an absolute bargain.

Everton - Can't close out a game, defensively suspect in the last 15 minutes.

Agree with most of that.

Chelsea look pretty solid but it could have been a different game if Nugent had scored when he was one on one with the keeper.

Man.Utd don't impress me at all and I said after last weeks defeat that they will struggle to get points early in the season,luckily they have Burnley up next.A central midfield player is wanted urgently along with a dominant figure at centre back.

Arsenal made a good comeback against an Everton team who ran out of steam,Danny Welbeck could do Wenger a job up top while Sanchez finds his feet.

Spurs didn't give QPR a second on the ball and came out worthy winners but I think they will have problems defensively against better opposition,Eric Dier is indeed a gem.

Everton looked impressive early doors against Arsenal but ran out of steam in the second half,I have my doubts about Jagielka and Distin in the centre of defence.

Well same old Liverpool defensive frailties this morning. Why on earth they are thinking of selling Agger who is far and away better than the 2 centre halves that played I don't know. Surely when he is back from injury he has to play.

The left back looked decent going forward but can't defend just like Johnson on the other side so they desperately need Flanagan back.

And as I forecast the cover in front of the defence was virtually non existent, Gerrard for instance never picks up a man in open play nor at a defensive set piece, it seems his sole role is to spray glory balls which were sadly desperately off track against City.

After the first 20-25 minutes it was painfully obvious City were light years ahead and as Yukon said at the start of the thread come March I can't see it being anything other than a 2 horse race between City and Chelsea.

Well same old Liverpool defensive frailties this morning. Why on earth they are thinking of selling Agger who is far and away better than the 2 centre halves that played I don't know. Surely when he is back from injury he has to play.

The left back looked decent going forward but can't defend just like Johnson on the other side so they desperately need Flanagan back.

And as I forecast the cover in front of the defence was virtually non existent, Gerrard for instance never picks up a man in open play nor at a defensive set piece, it seems his sole role is to spray glory balls which were sadly desperately off track against City.

After the first 20-25 minutes it was painfully obvious City were light years ahead and as Yukon said at the start of the thread come March I can't see it being anything other than a 2 horse race between City and Chelsea.

Absolute nonsense, as usual. :rolleyes::D

Liverpool shaded the first half on the whole as they kept the ball better. A mistake by a player that only arrived in the country a few days ago near the end of the half really put Liverpool up against it as City are excellent in general when they go ahead in games.

Daniel Agger can't put a run of games together, and both Lovren and Skrtel are better out and out defenders than him.

Lambert had a fantastic chance to make it 3-2 with 5 minutes plus stoppage time to go which would have made things interesting, and would have been a fairer reflection on the game. To say that City are light years ahead of Liverpool based on them beating us at home is more down to the fact that you can't stand Liverpool than anything else.

Also, as good a signing as Di Maria is for United (and I'm always pleased to see top players playing over here) he doesn't improve their big weakness in any shape or form, which is the defence. Can you imagine the likes of Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema, and Messi, Neymar and Suarez up against Smalling, Jones and Blackett? It would be a massacre. United need signing like Hummels and Khedira, even Ron Vlaar would be an improvement on what they have. From the first couple of games I've seen they'll do well to finish in the top 10 this season even with Van Gaal in charge.

Archived