onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

And why wouldn't we be? We still have a very good side despite the loss of our best player, and have made a few very good additions to the squad. The likes of Moreno(22), Manquillo(20), Sakho(24), Henderson(24), Coutinho(22), Sterling(19), Sturridge(24) and hopefully Balotelli(24) should only get better and better, especially under Brendan Rodgers who is well on his way to becoming a fabulous manager.

As a sidenote, another lacklustre display from the Gunners today, eh Beasty? Ozil seems to have left off from last season, and doesn't look anywhere near a 42 million player. Though with duds like Giroud and even more so Sanogo up front to try to thread balls through to you have to feel sorry for him a little. :D

I'm just hoping Wenger has a busy day tomorrow. Go out and break the bank for Falcoa or even Cavani..I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve to pull out the race for Mario and Remy. And if he's not going play Campbell, send him out on loan for first team experience..Sanogoals is just dire,and i mean Carlton Cole dire.. and I cant understand what Wenger does see in him..I'm no fan of Welbeck,but even he's a better option than Yaya..

And when it comes to Ozil,id much prefer him be in the starting 11 than not. Theirs something about the guy I do like..

As for Pool, it was a very good away win and 5 or 6 wouldn't of flattered them..

As it stands the end of season table will be Chelsea,Man City,Pool and Arsenal..But just like last season, any of them 4 i believe can win the league. But Chelsea, with Fab and Costa do look a very good team. Though I thought Man City did when they beat your boys. Its a funny old game..

Advert

I'm just hoping Wenger has a busy day tomorrow. Go out and break the bank for Falcoa or even Cavani..I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve to pull out the race for Mario and Remy. And if he's not going play Campbell, send him out on loan for first team experience..Sanogoals is just dire,and i mean Carlton Cole dire.. and I cant understand what Wenger does see in him..I'm no fan of Welbeck,but even he's a better option than Yaya..

And when it comes to Ozil,id much prefer him be in the starting 11 than not. Theirs something about the guy I do like..

As for Pool, it was a very good away win and 5 or 6 wouldn't of flattered them..

As it stands the end of season table will be Chelsea,Man City,Pool and Arsenal..But just like last season, any of them 4 i believe can win the league. But Chelsea, with Fab and Costa do look a very good team. Though I thought Man City did when they beat your boys. Its a funny old game..

Fair play for not biting back. :D

I give him a bit of stick here but I was a big fan of Ozil when he was playing for both Dortmund and then Madrid and was very pleased to see him move to an English club, even if it was one of Liverpool's rivals. He does need to up his game but also those around him are important as he needs people to make intelligent runs so he can find them.

As already discussed, I was very surprised to see the amount of criticism Liverpool got here for the loss against City, a game in which for 1 half was a very even contest and it wasn't just Liverpool who struggled to create in that first 45 minutes. Today was very similar to the game at WHL last season, Spurs couldn't cope with Liverpool's pressing game and quick, crisp passing. I see them as a physical team these days with one or two ball-players (Eriksen being there main man) and they seem to struggle without Aaron Lennon's pace, despite his often lack of final ball they really miss him when he's not in the side.

As for Arsenal, I said a few weeks back that IF they signed Khedira (a deal was said to be very close at one point) and a genuine world-class (or at least potentially) then they will challenge, but until they do the same weaknesses as before remain.

For me none of City's signings have really improved their starting 11 from last season, it's just given them a few more options and the ability to rotate. Neither Fernando or Fernandinho are anything to write home about (though they're both more effective type players) in midfield and I'm not a big fan at all of Samir Nasri, who along with Silva is one of the main guys they look to create.

Liverpool win finish above both Arsenal and Spurs. £100 bet on it? :)

Well they will definitely finish above Spurs who when up against a decent side for the first time totally crumbled.

If Danny Rose is in the England team then the future looks even worse :(

Oh and in the interests of balance Gerrard took a great penalty yesterday.

Skinty takes all bets on this forum, I'm sure he will give you odds of a billion to 1 ;)

Having seen their last two games, I'm not convinced yet about Liverpool's defence. They look very shaky and there are too many mistakes and slip ups from them. City took advantage when Moreno slipped but Spurs couldn't as Lovren recovered well and made a superb tackle. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion between the back four yet, but in their defence how many new units gel together in just 3 games? It will take time and Christmas will be a better time to judge them. Given the immense quality of their attacking players, 3rd should be their target and I can't see any other team beating them to it.

As for Arsenal, lather, rinse, repeat. We're here again saying the sand things again about them. No leader in defence, no midfielder anchor (Flamini is not good enough) and the strikers aren't good enough. Wenger's arrogance is costing Arsenal yet again. They were fortunate Everton tired so quickly and never looked like beating Leicester. I can't see them ever winning the league under Wenger again.

Having seen their last two games, I'm not convinced yet about Liverpool's defence. They look very shaky and there are too many mistakes and slip ups from them. City took advantage when Moreno slipped but Spurs couldn't as Lovren recovered well and made a superb tackle. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion between the back four yet, but in their defence how many new units gel together in just 3 games? It will take time and Christmas will be a better time to judge them. Given the immense quality of their attacking players, 3rd should be their target and I can't see any other team beating them to it.

As for Arsenal, lather, rinse, repeat. We're here again saying the sand things again about them. No leader in defence, no midfielder anchor (Flamini is not good enough) and the strikers aren't good enough. Wenger's arrogance is costing Arsenal yet again. They were fortunate Everton tired so quickly and never looked like beating Leicester. I can't see them ever winning the league under Wenger again.

With Sakho in the defence I was surprised that we kept a clean sheet yesterday. He's a powerful bloke but is well out of his comfort zone when asked to pass the ball out from the back, although to be fair to him he did improve as the game went on. Yesterday we had two new full-backs, Moreno who was outstanding (and not just for his superb goal) and more than made up for his error against City while Manquillo looks very solid and a better version of Martin Kelly, who recently left to join Palace. I think Dejan Lovren is potentially our most important signing as he's a fantastic defender and organizer very much in the Jamie Carragher mould, and even when he makes the odd error he has the pace to recover as he showed yesterday. All being said though Liverpool are very much an attack minded side and against the better opposition they will always have a chance or two.

As silly as it perhaps sound and as much as it pains me to say it, Gerrard is actually our weak link in the side. I'd much prefer to have a genuine ball-winner in his position and someone who will protect the back four when we're countered. a Javier Mascherano or Nemanja Matic type.

Well they will definitely finish above Spurs who when up against a decent side for the first time totally crumbled.

If Danny Rose is in the England team then the future looks even worse :(

Oh and in the interests of balance Gerrard took a great penalty yesterday.

Skinty takes all bets on this forum, I'm sure he will give you odds of a billion to 1 ;)

Both Rose and Townsend are very fortunate to be in the side, as all they have is pace and athleticism. Although to be fair when Andros Townsend has put on an England shirt he's performed, allbeit against mediocre opposition.

As silly as it perhaps sound and as much as it pains me to say it, Gerrard is actually our weak link in the side. I'd much prefer to have a genuine ball-winner in his position and someone who will protect the back four when we're countered. a Javier Mascherano or Nemanja Matic type.

Spot on for me, he doesn't mark when Liverpool don't have possession or at defensive set pieces either. His only real use is as a free kick taker and penalty taker, I've noticed Henderson seemingly takes more corners now.

Do you have a defensive midfielder who could fulfil that role though?

Spot on for me, he doesn't mark when Liverpool don't have possession or at defensive set pieces either. His only real use is as a free kick taker and penalty taker, I've noticed Henderson seemingly takes more corners now.

Do you have a defensive midfielder who could fulfil that role though?

I think Emre Can could play that role, though it remains to be seen how quickly he adapts over here. He's not a genuine ball-winner but he's very powerful, can run with the ball and has a good engine to get about a pitch, though ideally I'd like to see him play more advanced. There's Lucas of course who covers every blade of grass and makes a lot of tackles but he's painfully slow and very injury prone. Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin would actually be a good shout. :D

Man Ure sign Falcao! Wow, didn't see that coming. Not much good though when your best defender is Chris Smalling!

Forwards and midfield first( not forgetting Luke Shaw)defenders next.Win your championship this year Liverpool,Chelsea,Citeh or Arsenal the Red Devils will be back soon.

Luke Shaw ,as previously mentioned, and Rojo already signed.

Both one's for the future really. They needed to replace the experience of Ferdinand, Evra and Vidic with experience and haven't. Blind would be a decent signing but he's nowhere near the same class as what they're having to replace.

Falcao is obviously a fantastic striker but he won't change the fact that they have a suspect defence or a very average midfield, and they already have Rooney and Van Persie to accommodate up top. The signing smacks of desperation from United and LVG.

Both one's for the future really. They needed to replace the experience of Ferdinand, Evra and Vidic with experience and haven't. Blind would be a decent signing but he's nowhere near the same class as what they're having to replace.

Falcao is obviously a fantastic striker but he won't change the fact that they have a suspect defence or a very average midfield, and they already have Rooney and Van Persie to accommodate up top. The signing smacks of desperation from United and LVG.

Don't think it's desperation Beechy.Falcao is on loan with a view to a permanent move.LVG has said it will take a miracle for United to win the League this season.Next season,I think,will be a different story.

IF LVG stops being so stubborn and realizes this his formation simply doesn't work for the current squad United have then United could look decent.

De Gea

Rafael/Smalling

Blind?

Jones

Shaw

Di Maria

Carrick

Herrera

Rooney

Falcao

Van Persie

Still not a great defence, and the signing of Rojo if he actually gets a work permit doesn't change that, and neither does the potential signing of Danny Blind. I've always thought that Michael Carrick is pretty average, certainly nowhere near world-class, and I'm not sure how good Herrera is or isn't, so if I was a United fan I wouldn't have much faith in the middle of the park.

Archived