onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

Mario Balotelli has all the talent in the world. I don't see him as any more of a risk than Luis Suarez, who when all said and done was an outstanding player for Liverpool and played a huge part in taking them up a level or two. Hopefully Mario will get his head down as much as he possibly can and finally mature a little bit. He'll always be flamboyant and somewhat unpredictable as he's just that type of character and has that personality, but he's always struck me as a player who needs to have a manager put his arm around him and have as much trust in him as possible, and Brendan Rodgers will do that, I have no doubts about it. For 16 million he could potentially be an absolute steal and will certainly add power and a presence to Liverpool's attack.

Shouldn't be talking about prem players and teams, a snip at £16 million ef o, at our level it's hundreds and sometimes thousands but rarely millions.exposure to the rarified air of the prem can make fans a trifle light headed especially when a season ticket at pistol callous costs £1300.

Shouldn't be talking about prem players and teams, a snip at £16 million ef o, at our level it's hundreds and sometimes thousands but rarely millions.exposure to the rarified air of the prem can make fans a trifle light headed especially when a season ticket at pistol callous costs £1300.

You're entitled to your opinion, or in this case some kind of rant.

But if you have absolutely no interest in our top league (you suddenly would do should Vale ever make it their one day!) why even bother to open up a thread that is obviously about the Premier League?

If someone made a thread about Marmite I wouldn't bother to open up the thread just to state that I despised it.

Mario Balotelli has all the talent in the world. I don't see him as any more of a risk than Luis Suarez, who when all said and done was an outstanding player for Liverpool and played a huge part in taking them up a level or two. Hopefully Mario will get his head down as much as he possibly can and finally mature a little bit. He'll always be flamboyant and somewhat unpredictable as he's just that type of character and has that personality, but he's always struck me as a player who needs to have a manager put his arm around him and have as much trust in him as possible, and Brendan Rodgers will do that, I have no doubts about it. For 16 million he could potentially be an absolute steal and will certainly add power and a presence to Liverpool's attack.

The only issue with Suarez though was the biting. He was 100% a team player and gave his all on the pitch. The same can't be said about Mario who will spit his dummy out at any given opportunity.

When I think about us signing Balotelli why does El Hadji Diouf always come to mind?!

The only issue with Suarez though was the biting. He was 100% a team player and gave his all on the pitch. The same can't be said about Mario who will spit his dummy out at any given opportunity.

When I think about us signing Balotelli why does El Hadji Diouf always come to mind?!

There's no question that they are very different players. Suarez is in the mould of a lot of all-action forwards from South America that include the likes of Tevez and Augero. Balotelli will be used as the focal point of the attack due to his power and physique, with the likes of Sturridge, Sterling and Lallana buzzing around him. Of course, I know most of all you mean attitude and mentality wise but I don't believe for a second that Brendan Rodgers would contemplate bringing in him if he didn't believe he has it in him to put in a decent shift for the team. The jury will obviously be out but I think it's a very positive signing, exactly what Liverpool needed to further strengthen and if he hits the same amount of goals for us as he did for City at the very least then it will make a considerable different to Liverpool this season.

Just hope he doesn't damage the team unity that Brendan always talks about.

A few City players, including the likes of James Milner and Gareth Barry, came out once he had left and said ultimately that the dressing room was a lesser place without him and that he was a very popular figure. I don't think he will damage team spirit in any shape or form.

You're entitled to your opinion, or in this case some kind of rant.

But if you have absolutely no interest in our top league (you suddenly would do should Vale ever make it their one day!) why even bother to open up a thread that is obviously about the Premier League?

If someone made a thread about Marmite I wouldn't bother to open up the thread just to state that I despised it.

sorry!, excuse me for butting in, i'll be more careful in future:shutup::dizzy:

Anybody would be more exciting than Milner and Barry! I just remember the daft sendings off he got at Anfield and Arsenal. Also the run-ins he had with Mancini.

I think Balotelli was too familiar with Mancini when he arrived at City and he knew that he could **** Roberto around and continue to get away with it. I think Rodgers' man management skills are up their with the very best and he will need them if he's to get the most out of Balotelli. He scored 26 goals in 43 games in what's a very average AC Milan side since he joined them from Man City, and scored 30 in 80 games for the latter. That's not a bad goal scoring record at all for somebody is yet to fulfil anything like his full potential.

I think Balotelli was too familiar with Mancini when he arrived at City and he knew that he could **** Roberto around and continue to get away with it. I think Rodgers' man management skills are up their with the very best and he will need them if he's to get the most out of Balotelli. He scored 26 goals in 43 games in what's a very average AC Milan side since he joined them from Man City, and scored 30 in 80 games for the latter. That's not a bad goal scoring record at all for somebody is yet to fulfil anything like his full potential.

We shall see. Hopefully he signs in time to come off the bench on Monday night and pop up with the winner.

We shall see. Hopefully he signs in time to come off the bench on Monday night and pop up with the winner.

I wouldn't put it past him if he did make the bench at least.

I saw today that Angel Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid. If only! Sturridge and Balotelli up front with Sterling, Di Maria and Coutinho supporting would be ridiculous. If I was Louis Van Gaal I'd be going all out to get him signed up for United, even if it's defenders they need more than anything else.

Archived