PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

The national team is what everyone should be striving to improve,the World Cup is the ultimate prize in football and should be everyone's target but as long as the money keeps rolling in to the PL nobody will give a ****.

Arsenal,Man.City and the like have no affinity to the English team.

could be argued that CL is more competitive, of a higher standard and harder to win

In the 70s we could not even qualify for a WC

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we're now judging players on their 3 game performances in the World Cup? Give it a rest. Under Hodgson, England don't play anything like the same fluent and cohesive football as the likes of Sturridge and Sterling do at Liverpool every week. We have a very limited manager who's idea's expired years ago, whereas Brendan Rodgers is one of the brightest up and coming young managers in world football, one that knows how to get the best from attacking players like those mentioned above, and Suarez, who under Brendan went from a very gifted but inconsistent player to one of the worlds best.

On a different note, I have no idea why a few people think Liverpool won't suddenly challenge because they lost Saurez, despite showing numerous times last season that they could win games without him (and Gerrard) and win games in style. In Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho, Liverpool have three of the most promising and exciting young talents in the game, all three who can become genuinely world-class, and I honestly think in 12-18 months time I could also be able to add Jordan Ibe to that list, as like Sterling he will blossom under the guidance of Rodgers.

Liverpool wont get a better chance than last season of lifting the Premier league..Losing Suarez is a massive massive blow to Liverpool..And to say you think Sturridge can become World class is just insane..

Liverpool wont get a better chance than last season of lifting the Premier league..Losing Suarez is a massive massive blow to Liverpool..And to say you think Sturridge can become World class is just insane..

Other than the fact that you can't stand Liverpool, how is that insane any shape or form? I think his Liverpool record of 35 goals in 49 games (a lot of them scored by himself out of nothing) could already be considered world-class. But I suppose you will tell me that they were all down to Luis Saurez, even when he wasn't actually in the starting 11. :rolleyes:

I see Chelsea winning it, with Liverpool and Man Utd close behind.

They'll definitely improve but I really don't see United challenging. They badly need at least a couple of top defenders as none of their current CB's in Evans, Smalling and Jones are good enough for a club like United. If they are to play a 3-5-2 formation this season with those three at the back then a lot of the better sides will have a field day against them. I think United fans should be happy to finish in the top 5 or 6 this season.

They'll definitely improve but I really don't see United challenging. They badly need at least a couple of top defenders as none of their current CB's in Evans, Smalling and Jones are good enough for a club like United. If they are to play a 3-5-2 formation this season with those three at the back then a lot of the better sides will have a field day against them. I think United fans should be happy to finish in the top 5 or 6 this season.

I would say the same about Liverpool been happy with top 5 or 6 finish..

True though..They just lost their main striker who was guaranteed 30-40 goals a season..Then they replace him with Ricky Lambert..:laugh:

A front 3 of Sturridge, Sterling and Lallana will cause anybody problems. And then there's the creativity of players like Coutinho and Markovic. Lambert will be used in some games from the start, in many he won't. He's a much better option to have on the bench than what we had last season. He's scored 29 goals in the last two seasons for Southampton, in a side that doesn't create anything like the chances that Liverpool have and will. But let's just ignore that little fact, eh? :rolleyes:

True though..They just lost their main striker who was guaranteed 30-40 goals a season..Then they replace him with Ricky Lambert..:laugh:

Also, to say that we replaced him with with Lambert is absolute nonsense. The Suarez money has allowed Rodgers to bring in Lallana, Markovic, Lambert and Can, all very good players who certainly make the squad stronger. I think Rodgers best buy this summer however has been Dejan Lovren, quite possibly the best centre-back in the league last season and the kind of leader that Liverpool were missing after Jamie Carragher retired. With him in the side Liverpool would have won the title last season.

Also, to say that we replaced him with with Lambert is absolute nonsense. The Suarez money has allowed Rodgers to bring in Lallana, Markovic, Lambert and Can, all very good players who certainly make the squad stronger. I think Rodgers best buy this summer however has been Dejan Lovren, quite possibly the best centre-back in the league last season and the kind of leader that Liverpool were missing after Jamie Carragher retired. With him in the side Liverpool would have won the title last season.

Or if Rambo and Theo didn't get injured then The Arsenal would of won the League..;)..But lets just ignore that little fact eh..:rolleyes:

Or if Rambo and Theo didn't get injured then The Arsenal would of won the League..;)..But lets just ignore that little fact eh..:rolleyes:

Arsenal's undoing is that they don't have enough leaders or winners in their side. When the chips are down and the going gets tough they fade away, just as they will this season as it currently stands. Having any of those two players in the side doesn't change this fact one bit.

Liverpool's undoing last season all in all was the defence, we let too many soft goals in. The signing of Lovren and soon to be Moreno will certainly help to eradicate this somewhat one would like to think.

No further comment on Sturridge? Other than the fact that he would walk into Arsenal's side for all of their attacking prowess?

Arsenal's undoing is that they don't have enough leaders or winners in their side. When the chips are down and the going gets tough they fade away, just as they will this season as it currently stands. Having any of those two players in the side doesn't change this fact one bit.

Liverpool's undoing last season all in all was the defence, we let too many soft goals in. The signing of Lovren and soon to be Moreno will certainly help to eradicate this somewhat one would like to think.

No further comment on Sturridge? Other than the fact that he would walk into Arsenal's side for all of their attacking prowess?

If you believe that about Sturridge walking into Arsenals side,then I've got nothing more to say.:rolleyes:.Mind you you said last season you wouldn't swop Coutinho for Ozil..:rolleyes:..Its that time of season I guess where all Liverpool fans think they're actually better than they are,and that theyre going win every League, and every cup going..

So we're now judging players on their 3 game performances in the World Cup? Give it a rest. Under Hodgson, England don't play anything like the same fluent and cohesive football as the likes of Sturridge and Sterling do at Liverpool every week. We have a very limited manager who's idea's expired years ago, whereas Brendan Rodgers is one of the brightest up and coming young managers in world football, one that knows how to get the best from attacking players like those mentioned above, and Suarez, who under Brendan went from a very gifted but inconsistent player to one of the worlds best.

On a different note, I have no idea why a few people think Liverpool won't suddenly challenge because they lost Saurez, despite showing numerous times last season that they could win games without him (and Gerrard) and win games in style. In Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho, Liverpool have three of the most promising and exciting young talents in the game, all three who can become genuinely world-class, and I honestly think in 12-18 months time I could also be able to add Jordan Ibe to that list, as like Sterling he will blossom under the guidance of Rodgers.

What have any of those players or the others achieved in their England careers under different managers?

On another point how many chances did Sturridge miss in the Costa Rica game yet his first chance against Dortmund bang. Or are those chances the fault of Hodgson?

The problem is you still have Johnson and Skrtel in your defence and Gerrard providing a cover. This will be your handicap this season.

The problem is you still have Johnson and Skrtel in your defence and Gerrard providing a cover. This will be your handicap this season.

It shows that you're perhaps basing your judgement on watching the odd game here and there, as Skrtel was absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half of the season for Liverpool and after Saurez and Sterling arguably our best player! There won't be a stronger partnership in the league than Skrtel and Lovren. Johnson can be a liability, everybody knows this, and Brendan Rodgers is far from stupid.

Archived