onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

There defence is dire your right, but they were desperate for a winger and have signed a top quality one (even though it's far too much). They still need another 2 defenders and a top quality centre mid to even challenge man city and Chelsea IMO.

He's a fantastic player, one that I would have loved Liverpool to sign despite the cost. It's a step in the right direction for United but as everybody knows they lack both in defence and central midfield. Cleverly and Fletcher, who started together in the game against Sunderland, are nowhere near good enough for a top side, while both Valencia and Young are extremely average players. They need two never centre-backs and a top class central midfielder to go along with the signing of Di Maria befoe they can consider themselves as genuine contenders, along with adapting to LVG's style of football which is in stark contrast to what they have been used to.

Also Liverpool looked poor last night and I think they will for a while until the new players blend in. Still don't think mario is a good signing, very overrated and had the potential to ruin the moral of the side. Early days though.

I really don't see how we were poor. The only difference between the two sides was that City were clinical with the few chances they had. Had a City defender made a mistake which would have got our noses in front at half-time it would have been a much different 2nd half where Liverpool could have countered, something they are brilliant at.

It's not like they played Liverpool off the park, not in the slightest. Both teams struggled at times (City were woeful for the first 35 minutes for a side stacked with quality) in what was just the second game of the season, which a lot of people seem to be ignoring.

And your Arsenal have been scintillating so far. Same old frailties in the side that have seen you win nothing but a Micky Mouse cup for God knows how many years.

And Liverpool have won trophy after trophy have they recently???

At end of the day Liverpool were always going to struggle without Suarez,and everyone can see that apart from Liverpool fans as usual..

Even Souness thinks Mario is a bad move for Liverpool..

And Liverpool have won trophy after trophy have they recently???

At end of the day Liverpool were always going to struggle without Suarez,and everyone can see that apart from Liverpool fans as usual..

Even Souness thinks Mario is a bad move for Liverpool..

Exactly the same fickle morons that were insisting that it was the end of Liverpool football club when Torres moved to Chelsea. And Graeme Souness is notorious for talking *****, so I don't take any notice what he say's about anything.

Absolute nonsense, as usual. :rolleyes::D

Liverpool shaded the first half on the whole as they kept the ball better. A mistake by a player that only arrived in the country a few days ago near the end of the half really put Liverpool up against it as City are excellent in general when they go ahead in games.

Daniel Agger can't put a run of games together, and both Lovren and Skrtel are better out and out defenders than him.

Lambert had a fantastic chance to make it 3-2 with 5 minutes plus stoppage time to go which would have made things interesting, and would have been a fairer reflection on the game. To say that City are light years ahead of Liverpool based on them beating us at home is more down to the fact that you can't stand Liverpool than anything else.

Your attempted defence of your boys is admirable and much better than your teams actual defence it has to be said but it seems the swell of opinion is almost unanimous in my favour so maybe not as much nonsence as you suggest ;)

Who exactly does Gerrard mark when Liverpool don't have the ball in open play or at set-pieces, its like you are playing with 10 men without the ball.

Oh and I've no idea why you think I 'can't stand them' when I go at least twice a season with my Danish friend when he flies over on official tours ;)

Your attempted defence of your boys is admirable and much better than your teams actual defence it has to be said but it seems the swell of opinion is almost unanimous in my favour so maybe not as much nonsence as you suggest ;)

Who exactly does Gerrard mark when Liverpool don't have the ball in open play or at set-pieces, its like you are playing with 10 men without the ball.

Oh and I've no idea why you think I 'can't stand them' when I go at least twice a season with my Danish friend when he flies over on official tours ;)

You've probably got three or four accounts on OVF... ;)

I have no idea why you're rambling on about Gerrard for. As it happens I think we'd be better off without him in the big games, he doesn't have the legs anymore and doesn't have anything like the intelligence to play the role he's been asked to as somebody like Andrea Pirlo.

You've probably got three or four accounts on OVF... ;)

I have no idea why you're rambling on about Gerrard for. As it happens I think we'd be better off without him in the big games, he doesn't have the legs anymore and doesn't have anything like the intelligence to play the role he's been asked to as somebody like Andrea Pirlo.

Leave stupid things like that to daft lads like Melv ;)

You've no idea why I'm rambling on about him but then run him down yourself!! :D

And your Arsenal have been scintillating so far. Same old frailties in the side that have seen you win nothing but a Micky Mouse cup for God knows how many years.

If you're referring to the F.A. Cup as 'Mickey Mouse' then football really is screwed.

If you're referring to the F.A. Cup as 'Mickey Mouse' then football really is screwed.

In all fairness I forgot about their FA Cup win. Wasn't it against mighty Wigan?

But Arsenal won't win the league again while Wenger is manager. Everybody knows that they are missing leaders in the side and yet he spends a huge amount of money on a forward, Alexis Sanchez. They'll get bullied against the the big teams yet again this season and fade away even if they are right up there in the first few months.

In all fairness I forgot about their FA Cup win. Wasn't it against mighty Wigan?

But Arsenal won't win the league again while Wenger is manager. Everybody knows that they are missing leaders in the side and yet he spends a huge amount of money on a forward, Alexis Sanchez. They'll get bullied against the the big teams yet again this season and fade away even if they are right up there in the first few months.

You know it was Hull..And your only trophy you've managed to win recently was against the mighty Cardiff City in the League Cup Final. Though tbf,the League Cup is probably the only cup clubs like Liverpool will probably only ever win now..

And do you realise Wenger has won the League before? You know as well as I do, if Rambo and Theo didn't get injured 2nd half of last season, they would of won the league. Yes they got humiliated in the "big" games, and that does need sorting out if they are going to win the League again. But to say Wenger wont win the League again is utter nonsense. When you think about the players that have left Arsenal in the last few years, yet they still manage to compete with the top. If Wenger ever left The Arsenal,they'd go exactly like Man Utd have gone after Fergie..

You know it was Hull..And your only trophy you've managed to win recently was against the mighty Cardiff City in the League Cup Final. Though tbf,the League Cup is probably the only cup clubs like Liverpool will probably only ever win now..

And do you realise Wenger has won the League before? You know as well as I do, if Rambo and Theo didn't get injured 2nd half of last season, they would of won the league. Yes they got humiliated in the "big" games, and that does need sorting out if they are going to win the League again. But to say Wenger wont win the League again is utter nonsense. When you think about the players that have left Arsenal in the last few years, yet they still manage to compete with the top. If Wenger ever left The Arsenal,they'd go exactly like Man Utd have gone after Fergie..

If Gerrard hadn't of slipped on his **** Liverpool would have won the league. If's don't change history unfortunately for either club. Wenger has done a fantastic job at Arsenal but for years now he has failed to address the serious issues in the squad and I don't see you winning it anytime soon, despite all of the attacking talent you have.

Over the two legs you are very, very lucky to even be playing Champions League football this season after struggling massively against what can only be described as a very average Besiktas side.

Archived