onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

I don't know why Arsenal don't go for Jermain Defoe! He's certainly better than Sanogo, and if you create chances for him he'll score you goals. That would leave cash to try and find a midfielder that's better than both Flamini and Arteta and a top class centre-back, which neither Mertasacker or Koscielny are.

I don't know why Arsenal don't go for Jermain Defoe! He's certainly better than Sanogo, and if you create chances for him he'll score you goals. That would leave cash to try and find a midfielder that's better than both Flamini and Arteta and a top class centre-back, which neither Mertasacker or Koscielny are.

You could say the same about Liverpool before they signed Balotelli, Beechy.

You could say the same about Liverpool before they signed Balotelli, Beechy.

Quite true, and I would have liked to have signed Remy along with Balotelli as I think he's a fantastic player to have on the bench for very little money in terms of his ability. But I believe there are a lot of goals in this Liverpool side still despite losing Luis' 31 PL goals last season, and I would expect them to realistically get something like the following - (injury permitting of course)

Sturridge - 20-25 (scored 21 in the league last season despite missing a few games)

Balotelli - 10-15 (a very sensible target)

Sterling - 10-15 (already has 2 in 3 games)

Lallana - 10 (scored 9 for Southampton in a lesser team)

Gerrard - 10-15 (depends on how many penalties we get!)

Henderson - 10 (he has the game to be a goal-scoring midfielder and I think this season he'll get into or close to double figures)

The likes of Coutinho, Markovic, Lambert and Allen will also chip in with a fair few while Lovren and Skrtel scored 10 goals between them last season. Liverpool should go very close to scoring over 100 goals this season again even without Luis Suarez. This is backed up by the fact that we've already scored 6 in 3 games, and could have easily been a good few more!

As I stated, Welbeck will be a better option than Sa"nogoals", and Wenger might even turn in him to a goal machine like Th14 and Van Persie..

Falcoa is a beast, and his goal ratio is just unbelievable. But how the hell are Man Utd affording all these wages?? 350k week for Falcoa..Youd imagine theirs some goals in that side now, though they've still got a gaping hole in the middle of their midfield..

Welbeck could be permanent deal now worth 18m..

It makes the 16 million we paid for Balotelli seem even better value!

Also, he will never reach anything like the heights of Henry and Van Persie no matter how much he might improve. I just can't see him ever been anything more than a 10-12 goals a season man even if he was playing as a striker, he doesn't have the awareness in the box and his finishing often lets him down when he actually has time to think about what he wants to do.

Either way, it makes Arsenal a better side with Welbeck in the squad,even if he does get 10 goals..Itll be 10 goals more than Sanogo would get..Could also get Huntelaar too...

He's a decent squad player for sure. Just not what you really needed, it's not like your main man up front Giroud is even close to being world-class himself.

But yet again, Arsenal haven't got the defender or defensive midfielder they need, and as a result they won't be challenging for the title.

Plus you need a 20 goal a season striker to challenge for the title. City have got 2, maybe 3. Liverpool have got possibly 3 capable of getting 20. Man United are the same. Chelsea too. Even Everton have a player capable of 20 in a season.

I look at Arsenal and I can't see any of their strikers getting 20 league goals in a season.

Well last season showed we can still challenge for the title, and with the additions from Alexis and now Danny, the squad looks better than last season.

People forget before Sturridge went Liverpool, he didn't exactly set the Premier League on fire, so this move for Welbeck could reignite his career too like it did for Sturridge..I know Man Utd fan on the red café website are gutted Welbeck as gone..

Well last season showed we can still challenge for the title, and with the additions from Alexis and now Danny, the squad looks better than last season.

People forget before Sturridge went Liverpool, he didn't exactly set the Premier League on fire, so this move for Welbeck could reignite his career too like it did for Sturridge..I know Man Utd fan on the red café website are gutted Welbeck as gone..

Sturridge was born a natural finisher though, Welbeck wasn't. When Daniel played as a striker he scored better than a goal every other game for while on loan at Bolton, and also had a good record for Chelsea when played up front, but they choose to play him as a wide player more often that not.

Welbeck isn't suddenly going to turn into a goal-scorer because he's at a different club. That's not to say that he cant improve aspects of his game, he can as he is still young enough. But he will always be a goal every 3 or 4 games kind of player that is more of a nuisance to teams than a genuine goal threat.

You still miss genuine leaders in the side and until this is finally addressed, and you sign a world-class striker, Arsenal will keep coming up short in the Premier League.

Archived