onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

It's like you are starting games with 10 at the moment, watching it back again this afternoon and the number of times Gerrard gave the ball away or was passed by an opponent and failed to recover was crazy, he simply can't play in front of the back 4.

The other issue for me was communication defensively highlighted by the clash of heads that caused injury to Lovren.

You are right it does appear the Hammers 'wanted it more' which should be a worry given the dinosaur attitude of Big Sam!

We've had a poor start, there's no denying that. But all those saying that Liverpool were a one man team last season are talking nonsense. We played many games without Suarez last season and many of them we won. Our new players need to settle and settle quickly, while Rodgers needs to be brave enough to drop Gerrard who despite being 34 years of age has started 3 games in a week, which is ridiculous. Once Sturridge is back in the side I think you will see a major improvement.

As seen already, no team is going to win every weekend this season. City have already lost at home to Stoke, Chelsea without Costa showed the same vulnerabilities as they had in many games last season in their recent draw with Schalke, Arsenal can go from playing like Champions to chumps in the space of a week and vice-versa...

Advert

Leicester 5 Man Utd 3.

Wowzers.

Which goes to how that you can have all the big name players attacking wise that you want in the side, but with a Championship standard defence you're not winning anything anytime soon.

What a goal by Angel Di Maria it has to be said. Outstanding finish.

Just to add, Leicester have been brilliant so far, and not just the result and comeback today. They play at a great tempo with a lot of spirit and courage, hats off to Nigel Pearson.

We've had a poor start, there's no denying that. But all those saying that Liverpool were a one man team last season are talking nonsense. We played many games without Suarez last season and many of them we won. Our new players need to settle and settle quickly, while Rodgers needs to be brave enough to drop Gerrard who despite being 34 years of age has started 3 games in a week, which is ridiculous. Once Sturridge is back in the side I think you will see a major improvement.

As seen already, no team is going to win every weekend this season. City have already lost at home to Stoke, Chelsea without Costa showed the same vulnerabilities as they had in many games last season in their recent draw with Schalke, Arsenal can go from playing like Champions to chumps in the space of a week and vice-versa...

That's the most annoying thing with Arsenal. They got Spuds and Chelsea next. Chelsea will be a test in half..

But apart from Man City and Chelsea, can you honestly seen anyone finishing above The Arsenal??

Absolutely. We're just a few games into the season and there will be many twists and turns. It's between City and Chelsea as to who will win the title, but I wouldn't like to bet on who finishes 3rd or 4th and in what order at this moment in time.

That's the most annoying thing with Arsenal. They got Spuds and Chelsea next. Chelsea will be a test in half..

Spurs are poor at the moment so you should do a job on them, though being a derby form sometimes goes out the window. We'll learn a lot about Arsenal and how they're season is going to pan out in the next couple of weeks.

I've said it many times. you have a heck of a lot of quality going forward but struggle in the middle of the park where the balance never looks right, very much like Liverpool at this moment in time. If someone like Khedira (even Song is better than both Flamini and Arteta) and Ashley Williams who you were heavily linked with were bought in over the summer then I think you would be right up there. As it is you're a couple of players and Wenger's tactic naivety in the big games short.

Strange but quality day. United look crap and I hope it carries on, how van gaal can waste so much money on falcao and then not address the main problem of a centre half is unbelievable. Really enjoyed that game today!

Yeah, Lampard scoring against his beloved Chelsea just topped the day off. He could have easily won the game for City too. Not only did he not celebrate but he almost looked gutted to score haha.

You're right about United. As good as they look at times going forward, and they have the best player in the country in Di Maria, if they get out-gunned by Leicester imagine what the likes of Chelsea and City can do to them. The fact that they didn't bring in at least one top quality centre-back was simply staggering. Even paying over the odds to get Daniel Agger would have improved them at the back!

Considering the grief moyes got, LVG has been shocking considering the money he has spent/wasted. Such an unbalanced crop of signings. When I saw their team selection, it took me a while to figure out how they all fit into it. he is trying to fit RVP, rooney, di maria, and falcao into the side when its clear that they need more in midfield possession wise and a couple of new centre halves. Why on earth they signed falcao instead of a couple of defenders I'll never understand, even if he scored a bag full. Right now LVG is looking like an expensive mental Jim. They must be regretting the day they went for moyes instead o going all out to get mourinho.

Considering the grief moyes got, LVG has been shocking considering the money he has spent/wasted. Such an unbalanced crop of signings. When I saw their team selection, it took me a while to figure out how they all fit into it. he is trying to fit RVP, rooney, di maria, and falcao into the side when its clear that they need more in midfield possession wise and a couple of new centre halves. Why on earth they signed falcao instead of a couple of defenders I'll never understand, even if he scored a bag full. Right now LVG is looking like an expensive mental Jim. They must be regretting the day they went for moyes instead o going all out to get mourinho.

Although I totally agree that LVG should have tried to sort the defence out first, I don't think Moyes would have enticed the likes of Di Maria and Falcao to the club, as big a name as United are. Also, they have signed Rojo, Shaw and Blind in fairness to try and solve there problems at the back, but Shaw has been injured and I'm not too sure what they saw in Rojo in the first place as he's nowhere near top class, although playing him as a full-back isn't helping him.

United would be far stronger with this 11 -

De Gea

Rafael

Jones

Rojo

Shaw

Blind

Carrick

Herrera

Rooney

Di Maria

Falcao

Obviously that means dropping Van Persie and Mata, but although they both have quality they often slow the game up for United. I'd be very tempted to play Mata over Rooney myself but seeing as he is captain he will start every game when fit. Van Persie although still a great finisher isn't quite the player he once was and doesn't suit United's attack with pace style.

Put a prime Vidic and Evra in that team and it would be as good as any side around.

Although I totally agree that LVG should have tried to sort the defence out first, I don't think Moyes would have enticed the likes of Di Maria and Falcao to the club, as big a name as United are. Also, they have signed Rojo, Shaw and Blind in fairness to try and solve there problems at the back, but Shaw has been injured and I'm not too sure what they saw in Rojo in the first place as he's nowhere near top class, although playing him as a full-back isn't helping him.

My point was that moyes was poor and got grief, and LVG was meant to be a master tactician. He doesn't even know what formation to play. However all his talk of DVDs and plans and analysis of Leicester's weaknesses, he reminds me of someone who used to manage us. Being able to attract falcao isn't such a great thing when they didn't need him. And buying three players who can play left back isn't trying to sort the defence out. Even with the current squad weaknesses they should still be doing better too.

Archived