onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

Last season showed Arsenal didn't have the capability to challenge for the title. They didn't have the defence or defensive midfield to do so. Since then they've slightly improved their attacking options but their defensive options have, in the short term, not improved and at the moment look worse.

Contrast that with Man City who have improved all areas and Chelsea who have significantly improved all areas, Arsenal are further behind those two teams. Man United have closed the gap on Arsenal while the jury is out on Liverpool because it's too early to judge their new signings and whether so many can replace Suarez and improve their defence.

As things stand, it's between Arsenal and Man United for 4th, assuming United can reverse their slump and get back to the side we know they can be.

• 2 weeks later...

It's very early on in the season but already Chelsea are looking like Champions. Costa is made for Premiership football and Fabregas gives them that bit of guile and creativity they sometimes lacked last season.

Poor performance by Liverpool today against a dogged and resolute Villa side, but with our record against them at Anfield over the last 5 years or so I'm not too surprised at the result. They're a horrible team to have to chase the game against.

It's very early on in the season but already Chelsea are looking like Champions. Costa is made for Premiership football and Fabregas gives them that bit of guile and creativity they sometimes lacked last season.

Poor performance by Liverpool today against a dogged and resolute Villa side, but with our record against them at Anfield over the last 5 years or so I'm not too surprised at the result. They're a horrible team to have to chase the game against.

Glad I only support one team.:yes:

Chelsea do look the complete package now they got Fab and Costa..If Man City and Arsenal keep their main players from injuries then they could still challenge Chelsea. Keeping Aguero fit is vital if Man City are going win the league..Sanchez was different class yesterday,and you wont see many better goals than his this season. And for Liverpool, id bee quite concerned how many injuries Sturridge does get. They look toothless yesterday, and if Villa had won 2 or 3-0, it wouldn't of flattered them..I think its between Swansea and Villa for that 4th spot,and Man Utd and Pool for that last European slot..

Chelsea do look the complete package now they got Fab and Costa..If Man City and Arsenal keep their main players from injuries then they could still challenge Chelsea. Keeping Aguero fit is vital if Man City are going win the league..Sanchez was different class yesterday,and you wont see many better goals than his this season. And for Liverpool, id bee quite concerned how many injuries Sturridge does get. They look toothless yesterday, and if Villa had won 2 or 3-0, it wouldn't of flattered them..I think its between Swansea and Villa for that 4th spot,and Man Utd and Pool for that last European slot..

You think Villa and Swansea will finish above Liverpool? :laugh: Ridiculous.

Just to note, we only drew with them last season at Anfield WITH both Suarez and Sturridge in the side, and probably played worse.

I can't wait for Arsenal to lose another game at the Emirates so that I can insist that Sunderland will finish above them. :rolleyes:

Arsenal won't challenge, like every season for God knows how long you'll struggle around the Christmas period and your title chances will all but be over by the time the new year starts, simply because you have the same weaknesses in the side as before.

You think Villa and Swansea will finish above Liverpool? :laugh: Ridiculous.

Just to note, we only drew with them last season at Anfield WITH both Suarez and Sturridge in the side, and probably played worse.

I can't wait for Arsenal to lose another game at the Emirates so that I can insist that Sunderland will finish above them. :rolleyes:

Arsenal won't challenge, like every season for God knows how long you'll struggle around the Christmas period and your title chances will all but be over by the time the new year starts, simply because you have the same weaknesses in the side as before.

I was taking the mick about Villa and Swansea.:rolleyes:..

I just think the Wonga Liverpool have spent this summer and they've already lost 2 games..If they finish 6th they done well..

As long as Arsenal can stay injury free, which is a big if, then yes they will challenge. They got Theo to come back soon too...Yesterdays game proved they can compete with the best..We've just got to sort the away form out when they play the bigger teams..

If Mario doesn't find his shooting boots soon, then who's going score the goals to put Liverpool in top 4??

I was taking the mick about Villa and Swansea.:rolleyes:..

I just think the Wonga Liverpool have spent this summer and they've already lost 2 games..If they finish 6th they done well..

As long as Arsenal can stay injury free, which is a big if, then yes they will challenge. They got Theo to come back soon too...Yesterdays game proved they can compete with the best..We've just got to sort the away form out when they play the bigger teams..

If Mario doesn't find his shooting boots soon, then who's going score the goals to put Liverpool in top 4??

Yeah, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Not helped by Liverpool's performance, a virus I've now had for over a week and a silly amount of alcoholic beverages no doubt.

We do rely on Sturridge, but no more than Chelsea rely on Costa (Remy is fairly good but not at the same level) in fairness. Balotelli doesn't have the same movement as Daniel and that was one of the reasons why we struggled to create yesterday, along with the likes of Coutinho having a bit of a stinker, which can happen to any player. Yesterday Rodgers took a huge risk in resting Sterling and giving home debuts to Lallana, Markovic and Balotelli against a side that we find it extremely difficult against at Anfield for whatever reason, and obviously it didn't pay off. We bounced back with a fantastic performance and 3 points against Spurs after the defeat to Manchester City and I expect us to do exactly the same against West Ham next weekend. Credit to Villa though, they'll upset a lot of sides on the road this season and are looking a very well organized and hard to beat side at the moment.

Arsenal are not a million miles away, you're a couple of players away. Also, for whatever reason you are notorious for having dozens of players missing with injury throughout a season, the likes of Wilshere, Chamberlain, Gibbs seem to always miss large chunks of it. So there's perhaps as much chance of me and Frankie Sandford from The Saturday's participating in some bondage together than your lot staying relatively injury free all season! Sadly what chances of either happening you could fit through the hole of a Polo mint.

United 4-0 uo.Falcao warming up.Harry has been carried away on a stretcher.

Di Maria is fantastic, one of the top 5 or 6 players in the world for me. QPR are terrible so beating them 4 nil means little, and United still won't win the Premier or Champions League with Evans and Blackett (or Jones) as their 2 centre-backs!

If they signed a really top draw centre-back and put Blind alongside him once Carrick is back, then they will look a very strong team again.

Di Maria is fantastic, one of the top 5 or 6 players in the world for me. QPR are terrible so beating them 4 nil means little, and United still won't win the Premier or Champions League with Evans and Blackett (or Jones) as their 2 centre-backs!

If they signed a really top draw centre-back and put Blind alongside him once Carrick is back, then they will look a very strong team again.

Apart from Di Maria I thought Blind the best player on the pitch.Agreed Evans and Blackett shouldn't be in that side.I think he was short of defenders today hence those two playing.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Villa, who were cynical all game, should have spent most of it with 10 men after that fat head Phillipe Senderos clearly kicked out at Balotelli. That talentless wand is every bit the numpty he looks. I wouldn't even have him at Vale, he's terrible.

Beasty - Welbeck showed tonight against Dortmund why he will never be a natural goal-scorer, and why he will always divide opinion. I see him as a slightly better version of Emile Heskey.

Liverpool were rather fortunate tonight to get the 3 points after another nervy performance. Great to see Balotelli open his account though with a fantastic finish, although Danny Sturridge can't come back quick enough for us. Lallana was rubbish, hopefully it's mostly to do with him trying to find his match sharpness after injury.

Archived