onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton

werstayinup

Advert

Come on OS behave thee sen,how you can say that first bit after your constant crusade against JMW is beyond me.As for Dodds I have never been on a crusade against him,he isn't my favourite player I agree but if he does well I will say so,if he is **** I will also say so,he does some good things but imo not enough,do those who rave about him actually see how lightweight he can be? loses the ball,gets knocked off the ball etc? or do they choose to close their eyes to that.

I will forever say it yes he has 44 goals which is a decent return BUT for a player to be here 6yrs and never really be a regular in the team or have a position says a lot for me.

Read my last posting which explains 'my crusade'. Regarding Louis he is a player who has constantly been pushed out wide which doesn't suit him at all yet he still gets a few goals. I'm convinced if he was allowed to play just behind Popey we would all profit.

Read my last posting which explains 'my crusade'. Regarding Louis he is a player who has constantly been pushed out wide which doesn't suit him at all yet he still gets a few goals. I'm convinced if he was allowed to play just behind Popey we would all profit.

Well said:clap::clap:

I find it quite sickening how Louis Dodds is constantly picked out to be the butt of peoples moaning. I thought that though he was played out wide again he still had a good game, hit a cracking shot and was unlucky to see his superb half volley hit a defender on it's way into the net from a Pope 'knock down'. Many on here just fail to see his subtle flicks and telling passes but notice every failed pass.

With what we currently have on our books Louis is definetly the best man to play just behind his 'Royal Highness'

I'd take JMW in the squad over Dodds all day long- and you embarrassed yourself there quite consistently for some time. Interesting...

As for your "pushed out wide" nonsense, one of your issues with Jeno was he played on the right, aka out of position. You give one the benefit of the doubt, but not the other. Interesting...

I very rarely go to 'friendlies' so last night was a bit of a one-off for me. Basically I went because we seem to have so many new players I felt the need to see them before the league proper starts.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought we were good value for at least a draw and I think both sides enjoyed the work-out and both managers must have been reasonably pleased with what they saw.

First half I thought we played well enough and although we created a few good chances I thought it only served to convince us what we already knew and that was that Willo will never be lone striker. I felt the midfield and defence played well and Marshall looks like he will love playing at Vale Park.

Sam had a good game in goal and had no chance with the goal - another poor defensive showing at a set piece. All in all I wasn't too disappointed with our first half and looked forward to a similar second half.

The half time substitutions certainly gave us more impetus I thought and the team looked better balanced in my view. I thought that young Lloyd had a very good game and Yates too. Overall we deserved more from the second half than we got but we were never really troubled and I came away quite pleased and more confident having seen the lads perform.

I suspect that the starting 11 for the Walsall game will be a mixture of the first and second half teams.

One point I would make :

a) Corners........considering first half we seemed to be relying on pace up front, why do we insist on having 11 men in the box when we are defending corners? Sam was catching the ball and looking to quickly offload and yet no-one was forward and available. Why not leave at least 2/3 men forward, thus giving us an early attacking outlet and also ensuring the opposition keep 3/4 men back!

Surely the keeper wants as few bodies in the area as possible ?

strange view

however, im predicting marshall to be better than JMW, especially at tracking back

So you want to claim tracking back but not allow penalties. Surely an out and out winger should be judged primarily on what he does in the attacking third ultimately in the goals he scores and creates?

I think Marshall will be at least as good as JMW but Moore and Daniel on the other hand I doubt.

I'd take JMW in the squad over Dodds all day long- and you embarrassed yourself there quite consistently for some time. Interesting...

As for your "pushed out wide" nonsense, one of your issues with Jeno was he played on the right, aka out of position. You give one the benefit of the doubt, but not the other. Interesting...

I'd echo those views but then they might be construed as sickening :)

One point I would make :

a) Corners........considering first half we seemed to be relying on pace up front, why do we insist on having 11 men in the box when we are defending corners? Sam was catching the ball and looking to quickly offload and yet no-one was forward and available. Why not leave at least 2/3 men forward, thus giving us an early attacking outlet and also ensuring the opposition keep 3/4 men back!

Surely the keeper wants as few bodies in the area as possible ?

Totally agree, it's a scourge of the modern game. As Marsahall is barely bigger than a blade of grass surely at the very least he should remain as an outlet so we can turn defence into attack in an instant.

Pau Buckle was refreshing when he was at Torquay the season they missed out in the league 2 play off final as he always used to leave 3 forwards upfront spread which caused the opposition to leave 4 or 5 back, in some cases big defenders so weakening the opponents ariel threat when they were attacking.

I've always advocated this - however many players you leave up front to receive a quick clearance, the opposition can't really afford to leave fewer defenders back...2 quick wingers and a striker could mean they leave 4 men back, helping to de-clutter our penalty area!

I am amazed that you even consider to make a comparison between JMW and Doddsie! Correct me if I'm wrong but one is supposed to be a winger and the other what I would best describe in old fashioned parlance as an inside forward. So to my simple mind the one with the pace and ability to get to the byeline should be servicing Pope, whilst the better passer and more clinical finisher should surely be played where he would be of most value to the team. This position surely is just behind the main striker and if the manager doesn't think he is good enough to be first choice in this position then leave him on the bench ready to deputise when needed.

Totally agree, it's a scourge of the modern game. As Marsahall is barely bigger than a blade of grass surely at the very least he should remain as an outlet so we can turn defence into attack in an instant.

Pau Buckle was refreshing when he was at Torquay the season they missed out in the league 2 play off final as he always used to leave 3 forwards upfront spread which caused the opposition to leave 4 or 5 back, in some cases big defenders so weakening the opponents ariel threat when they were attacking.

We do at least agree on this point Rob. Simply because if all of the team are in the box then by hoofing the ball out all you are inviting is for their two defenders to feed the ball back into our box. It's madness to drag everyone back. It just invites more pressure.

Archived