onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton

werstayinup

I would too... on the wing - but that's the point. Dodds shouldn't be on the wing, he just seems get find himself there for whatever reason.

44 goals for a player that - even when playing well - finds himself out of the team is a good return. Him and Pope compliment each other well, and allow us to play in a system with wingers like Marshall, Moore et al. You only have to look at the 2012/13 season of two halves to see that.

Personally Dodds best position is selling programmes in Lorne Street. Give it up louis andfind a more suitable proper job to save us all the embarassment.

Advert

Have I really just seen somebody say Louis Dodds gets 'stuck in'?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It is interesting the comments reading about JMW being uninterested when as you say Doddsy was much the same in this respect, thinking back to Wolves away as an example.

Still now time to move on, we have a great squad minus a winger and we could even exceed last season's heights.

strange view

however, im predicting marshall to be better than JMW, especially at tracking back

It would have been strange and very unfair if you took Shearers penalties off him,he scored over 50 and he wouldn't have been the Premiers Leagues top ever goalscorer.

It is interesting the comments reading about JMW being uninterested when as you say Doddsy was much the same in this respect, thinking back to Wolves away as an example.

Still now time to move on, we have a great squad minus a winger and we could even exceed last season's heights.

Don't get me wrong, REP, I do think Dodds is a good player, and receives some unfair abuse at times. He's clearly got some useful qualities. However, the one thing that infuriates me about him is how frequently he backs out of 95% of tackles, and allows the opposition to break forward.

Don't get me wrong, REP, I do think Dodds is a good player, and receives some unfair abuse at times. He's clearly got some useful qualities. However, the one thing that infuriates me about him is how frequently he backs out of 95% of tackles, and allows the opposition to break forward.

I'm a Dodds fan, but I agree with this. In the attacking half he is often willing to close players down to try and win the ball back, but in the defensive half he doesn't track back - thus leaving the full back exposed. This is, for me, the one of the main reasons why he shouldn't be on the wing - as well as the fact that he is much more effective through the middle.

You answer your own question when you quote Dodds who said that his best position was ''Left midfield''. Just because he has been selected to play wide right on many occasions doesn't make it his best position.

Proof of which should be supplied by the fact that most of his best performances have been in his favourite inside left position and I put his two games against Rotherham and the game against Fleetwood away in our promotion season.

The simple truth is that some on here don't rate Louis Dodds but I do and that is it end of story.

What? You banged on for the last two years that his position is behind the striker and he was out of position when out wide? Now left midfield is his position and he's only out of position when on the right? He's played the majority of his games for us on the left? Personally for me he is either played behind the striker or wide in a 4-3-3, 4-5-1. However he wouldn't be first choice in any of those position at the moment. Worth a place in the squad though.

Pointless people pointing out how much better we were with him in the side during the first half of our promotion season, unless they really believe it was Dodds himself who made the difference. Don't forget, we also had shuker in the centre of midfield during that half of the season.

Archived