onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

America Pre season

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Think you'll find that Micky was the manager when the tour was arranged so he can't think it's that bad a thing.

But at the time of the announcement of the tour wasnt his head in Sheffield but body in Burslem?

Maybe he didnt relise or know that the quality of the opposition or that every game will be played on a plastic surface

Plenty to come on Wednesday I think and I may even treat myself to a Salmiakki or two. After that, I'll try to find the jaundice pills.

BTW... I didn't watch the game in full, but only until it got to around 70 minutes. I saw three offsides to that point. I bet you'll never guess who it was all three times, at which point the player in question then turned to the linesman and said a four letter word rhyming with "duck". :rolleyes:

Further enhancing the reputation of British players.:rolleyes:

Just how "set in stone" is this?

Will it happen now it looks likely the board are going?

Supporters packages were supposed to be released 6 months ago.

Has the club already sorted out travel and accomodation for the squad?

Does anybody have any clue?

Surely this tinpot tour isnt going ahead now? :unsure:

No contracts have been signed or money exchnaged, so it will be up to the the interim board.

This was nothing more than a PR stunt by Billy Bull, in a last ditch attempt to reveal what he called 'an investor'

They never wanted to be board members or hold shares, they only wanted to sponsor the club.

===

In my opinion, the board should look at whatever deal has been proposed through fresh eyes; both the tour of the USA and the plastic turf deal could turn out to be good for the club in the log term. They may also turn out to be a load of bull, but it needs investigating.

Turning things down just because the old board arranged them would be stupid; take the deal on its merits.

Personally, I feel that the US trip should be canned, but there could be life in the Ameriturf sponsorship. If they want to sponsor us to provide some decent training facilities for over the winter and it won't cost us anything, why not?

In my opinion, the board should look at whatever deal has been proposed through fresh eyes; both the tour of the USA and the plastic turf deal could turn out to be good for the club in the log term. They may also turn out

to be a load of bull, but it needs investigating.

Turning things down just because the old board arranged them would be stupid; take the deal on it's merits.

Personally, I feel that the US trip should be canned, but there could be life in the Ameriturf sponsorship. If they want to sponsor us to provide some decent training facilities for over the winter and it won't cost us anything, why not?

Agree entirely, each and every aspect should be reviewed by the interim board.

Only then can the best judgement be made, for the better of the Club and no one else :yes:

No contracts have been signed or money exchnaged, so it will be up to the the interim board.

This was nothing more than a PR stunt by Billy Bull, in a last ditch attempt to reveal what he called 'an investor'

They never wanted to be board members or hold shares, they only wanted to sponsor the club.

===

If that's the case would there be any harm in that? Although having heard some comments at yesterdays meeting about their actual turnover 1.6m or even £400000 real money seems an awful lot of this to be shelling out to some 4th division football club.

Er... they dont want to "Sponsor" us though do they?!!

Er... they dont want to "Sponsor" us though do they?!!

Actually they do.

I agree that the new board should re-evaluate the deal but sponsorship is a good thing. And they can invest, too, as long as it benefits Port Vale FC and not certain individuals' personal interests.

The trip to Washington and Vancouver is one for Micky Adams. If he thinks it's a good deal for the players preparation for the new season, let's go.

We need to put aside the circumstances around which this deal was announced, once the EGM is successfully put to bed. Sponsorship is essential to the club's finances and good training grounds are needed. Again, the latter is a thing that MA should have a big say in.

Exactly what he or she said.

They only ever wanted to sponsor the club for £500k not buy shares for £400k and a loan for £100k, it was all Brattys idea to turn the £500k into shares & a loan to protect the current directors in their positions.

Archived