onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

Advert

Going be so funny when we've signed some players this week including o connor! :D looking forward to it! In smurf we trust!

Lets wait to see if he has agreed to come first,i do think we will sign a couple this week mainly because Adams says he wants most of his squad in place by Saturday

Anybody else received an email from the commercial dept offering the opportunity to enter a draw if you sponsor the first game it gives you the chance to win an executive box for a game of your choice.

Does this mean that the first game has yet to get a sponsor?

We will calling for smurfs head by christmas. He will run for the hills blaming lack of interest from all of us.

Forgetting quickly.

We waited for any new merchandise following our crest of the wave promotion. Smurf you delivered third rate crap months after the deadline.

We bought sufficient tickets but you kept shifting the break even goalposts putting the ownership on spending back onto the fans once again.

When we attend we want to spend money on descent catering sweets crisps etc for the kids the catering still runs out and is still dire.

We want a seven day per week stadium. Corporate Hospitality, meetings weddings school proms tribute bands we still perform really poorly compared to most clubs in league 2 let alone one.

The list goes on but Smurf will let us all believe it was our inability to commit to a season ticket and not his inability to run our business.

Will he sell the company and lease us back the ground or will he sell both.

This ill matched love affair is about to end in tears. Our tears

Almost 100% true.

I have a feeling a few might not agree with your post, but i find myself agreeing with pretty much all of what you said. Its quite worrying really. The commercial department is non-existent!!! No advertising of season tickets, new strip, match day hospitality.

Very few do ever agree. Most vale fans have being fed scraps from a table by swindlers, big time Charlie's and recently a ill advised commercial clowns who were persuaded to buy an ailing club and now regret it

We are made to feel in debt to them for saving our club at the eleventh hour and they really overplay the " batman saves the day at the last minuite bit "

We shouldn't

In purchasing Port Vale it's like purchasing Warwick castle

You purchase a proud history with that comes responsibility to make money and be an equitable business person appointing the best in your price bracket in marketing commercial and retail to deliver cash for team building. Or in The case of Warwick building work.

Smurf was so totally business nieve he invested on the advice of wildes. Wildes had a big financial plan and would have delivered us championship football smurf wanted to manage this alone.

Wildes went leaving it to smurf it was like Alan sugar walking out and leaving the financial reigns of Norman wisdom (Smurthwaite)

For those in smurf we trust posters wake up

Very few do ever agree. Most vale fans have being fed scraps from a table by swindlers, big time Charlie's and recently a ill advised commercial clowns who were persuaded to buy an ailing club and now regret it

We are made to feel in debt to them for saving our club at the eleventh hour and they really overplay the " batman saves the day at the last minuite bit "

We shouldn't

You purchase a proud history with that comes responsibility to make money and be an equitable business person appointing the best in your price bracket in marketing commercial and retail to deliver cash for team building. Or in The case of Warwick building work.

Smurf was so totally business nieve he invested on the advice of wildes. Wildes had a big financial plan and would have delivered us championship football smurf wanted to manage this alone.

Wildes went leaving it to smurf it was like Alan sugar walking out and leaving the financial reigns of Norman wisdom (Smurthwaite)

Was that the "naivety" that signed the pay-cheques to bring in Hughes and Purse etc to get us promoted ?

"Wildes had a big financial plan"....yep, with someone else's money. He didn't appear to have the courage of his own convictions to fund this "plan", did he? It also seems he had a tasty cheque last summer for his efforts.

Remember the "demand" for a flexible match-ticket? NS delivers and we sell.....under 100.

Remember the "Winter Warmer" half-season ticket last Xmas....25 sold.

The Chairman has admitted to making mistakes, but has also put in lots of his own cash to get us where we are.

I have been critical of some things he has done and said, but I do feel he is getting to grips with things.

Do you really think Norman has achieved his wealth through financial ineptitude ?

If you really do feel so strongly, I think a personal visit to VP should be made and don't leave until Norman has seen you.

He seems open to suggestions....have you contacted him to arrange a meeting and share your expertise?

You will then have the chance to say, face to face everything that you have so often shared.

Let me know how you get on.

We shouldn't

There really are some bitter people on here what's up didn't smurf offer you a job .most of what you write on here is pathetic for an adult if that's what you are I personally think it's all fantasy you need to wake up

As this has turned into a thread about the running of the club re: money generation, I chuck my 2 pennies worth in.

We can only spend more or less what we earn. We as a football club don't earn enough money to offer decent players the money they want.

Given our crowd isn't great, yet better than a few in this league and they out bid or out perform us then the only place that we are losing money is the other side of the business. Sponsorship. Stadium rentals etc. I'm sure to god smurf knows by now there is money be made so maybe there's a fundamental problem at the club that stops us from making this money.

Bu I dunna know wha it is

We will calling for smurfs head by christmas. He will run for the hills blaming lack of interest from all of us.

Forgetting quickly.

We waited for any new merchandise following our crest of the wave promotion. Smurf you delivered third rate crap months after the deadline.

We bought sufficient tickets but you kept shifting the break even goalposts putting the ownership on spending back onto the fans once again.

When we attend we want to spend money on descent catering sweets crisps etc for the kids the catering still runs out and is still dire.

We want a seven day per week stadium. Corporate Hospitality, meetings weddings school proms tribute bands we still perform really poorly compared to most clubs in league 2 let alone one.

The list goes on but Smurf will let us all believe it was our inability to commit to a season ticket and not his inability to run our business.

Will he sell the company and lease us back the ground or will he sell both.

This ill matched love affair is about to end in tears. Our tears

We all know the commercial department is worse than useless and missing out on many opportunities, we don't need a dimbo like you with your crackpot schemes to tell us.

It's like being told by Harold Shipman that the NHS is under performing!

I will gladly and happily admit i was wrong if we do eventually sign O'Connor. I dont believe we will, I think we will sign some below average player on the cheap.

No you won't you will disappear again just like you did when you started a thread saying Micky had left the club.

You know Micky, months on still our manager! ;)

Why you get any credence and talk with such confidence bewilders me!

Archived