onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hugill on his way out

Va-LEE-ant

Advert

Sometimes I wonder if telling them what great players they are, in order to build their confidence, leads them to think 'I'm too good for this place' , how often have we seen players refuse new offers only to move on and find the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

More loyalty. Players like this I hope struggle after us.

Why the **** would you say that? Part thread removed by admin. Attack the post not the poster please.

There is no loyalty in lower football apart from that of the fans, if you haven't worked that out yet I suggest you learn quick or every summer will be a shocker for you

Why the **** would you say that? You sound a very bitter misguided individual, I hope you're under 18 years of age.

There is no loyalty in lower football apart from that of the fans, if you haven't worked that out yet I suggest you learn quick or every summer will be a shocker for you

What the **** is up with you? No I'm not a very bitter misguided individual and I'm not under 18 either.

Do you think I'm a ****ing idiot? Of course I figured that out and did so a long time ago.....

What's wrong in asking for loyalty, especially when Adams gave him his chance?

Why would I say that? Because he's used us as a stepping stone and I hope he struggles.

It's time for me to put you on the ignore list anyway, every post and reply from you is offensive and over the line.

I know, but they should show some kind of loyalty, when hugill really bad no career before us, Adams gave him a chance and he should repay him for that.

The only loyalty we can expect is that when picked they do the best they can, getting a more lucrative contract is what we should expect from all our players otherwise they have no ambition... we dont know what he was offered by Vale or anyone else so its difficult to decide which was the better deal.

The only loyalty we can expect is that when picked they do the best they can, getting a more lucrative contract is what we should expect from all our players otherwise they have no ambition... we dont know what he was offered by Vale or anyone else so its difficult to decide which was the better deal.

I agree, it's just every frustrating to see a player who was nothing, developed into a first team rotation player and then leave at the first chance. Your right we don't know the contract situation, but I'd be surprised if anyone has offered silly amounts for him.

Out of all the players to leave, this is the one that I find most disappointing. I felt Loft would move for his family (and fair play) while Knott and JMW are obviously free to take what they consider to be the best offers.

But I had high hopes for Hugill. I can't understand the comments that now he's suddenly "not all that" - I do think he looked a natural goalscorer and if he'd stayed, worked hard and got a bit of luck, he could have been a real prospect.

It just sounds like his agent is turning his head (and probably lining his own pockets).

That said - there's plenty of time for new additions before pre-season training starts, let alone the season itself.

Hoped he would have signed for Vale and carried on his learning. Can see Hugill moving and then after a couple of seasons playing in the conference. May be a move to early in his career and will not be played all the time at his next club and as such leave regretting his hasty move. Is this his agent telling him he is better than Vale.....

Out of all the players to leave, this is the one that I find most disappointing. I felt Loft would move for his family (and fair play) while Knott and JMW are obviously free to take what they consider to be the best offers.

But I had high hopes for Hugill. I can't understand the comments that now he's suddenly "not all that" - I do think he looked a natural goalscorer and if he'd stayed, worked hard and got a bit of luck, he could have been a real prospect.

It just sounds like his agent is turning his head (and probably lining his own pockets).

That said - there's plenty of time for new additions before pre-season training starts, let alone the season itself.

This is what annoys me about agents in football. He obviously has talent and the agent is trying to get his client the biggest deal possible for the player and him/herself. It's a very short sighted way of doing business IMO.

Exactly like Dave Hibbert.

I too am very disappointed by this but I presume he felt as if Pope was standing in his way and wanted regular first team football.

Or is it all about money and agents?

As Adams has said, we rescued him from the scrapheap, gave him a chance and have helped him immeasurably in the last 12 months. I think another year here at least would have aided his development and I'm sure he would have got even more opportunities in the first team.

But some loyalty and recognition for what the Club have done for him doesn't seem to exist in most players' minds any longer.

I know it's early days and I know we'll get some decent players in before August but Adams has a mammoth task trying to fill the holes left by Loft, Knott, M-W and Hugill, let alone trying to strengthen the team by bringing in 2-3 better ones!

This is what annoys me about agents in football. He obviously has talent and the agent is trying to get his client the biggest deal possible for the player and him/herself. It's a very short sighted way of doing business IMO.

Tell Adams that.;)

Archived