onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hugill on his way out

Va-LEE-ant

I agree, it's just every frustrating to see a player who was nothing, developed into a first team rotation player and then leave at the first chance. Your right we don't know the contract situation, but I'd be surprised if anyone has offered silly amounts for him.

I agree its frustrating especially with him because I thought he could have been something a bit special/different for us... but its a very short job/employment span for a football player and it doesnt need to be silly money to draw them away... sometimes just the opportunity/possibility will do it... eg goal bonus at vale 50 quid each, somewhere else 500 quid each... 50% chance of first team game at vale, 90% somewhere else... 1 year contract at vale, 2/3 years somewhere else... perhaps the quoted harmony in the dressing room has hit a bad chord?...

I dont like it, he is probably the only one I would have wanted to stay, Im disappointed... but its the lads life and livelihood.. good luck to him.

Advert

Another one going more bad news will there be anyone left .None of the new signing the chairman said have happened all are looking at the future and we have no back room staff and 1 new signing and a lot of player deserting a sinking ship. Its just like a soap opera.Relegation is all we have to look forward to .But the chairman very very happy all the money he is saving

Another one going more bad news will there be anyone left .None of the new signing the chairman said have happened all are looking at the future and we have no back room staff and 1 new signing and a lot of player deserting a sinking ship. Its just like a soap opera.Relegation is all we have to look forward to .But the chairman very very happy all the money he is saving

get up out of the wrong side of bed ?

If you worked for a company for 18 months on say £30k a year, they'd investing in your training and development and you enjoyed your job, but then you were headhunted by one of their competitors who offered you £40k a year for a similar role, would you take it?

If you take the emotion out of it from a fans perspective, footballers are no different to the normal working man/woman the numbers involved are often just a lot higher.

But in fairness to Hugill I would imagine he's one of the lowest paid 1st team squad members, a club like Preston would probably double his money and I don't blame him for moving on if that's the case............

If they are doubling his current contract then I get it. But surely we would have offered him an improved contract to his current one, I doubt that Preston have offered much more than we have for such an unproven player. I do agree though, as I said earlier its just extremely frustrating for a player to leave at the first opportunity, especially as Adams has essentially set up his career.

Am I the only one who's not fussed? He's 22 so not a young prospect like he would be if he was 18. And didn't pull up any trees last year. If we were desperate to keep him and had faith in his ability, we shouldn't have let his contract run out. And didn't people say keeping Adams was key in keeping players at the club? If he had of gone, and these players left, we would have had people moaning that was the reason.

Isn't this why the gaffer should have been signed up in January so he can start the task of contract negotiations thereafter and have time to negotiate rather than being constrained by the short window of opportunity?

I am sure all the yay-sayers will be happy non the less. A bit of a fudged gaff up from the large blue one that cannot be named.

Isn't this why the gaffer should have been signed up in January so he can start the task of contract negotiations thereafter and have time to negotiate rather than being constrained by the short window of opportunity?

I am sure all the yay-sayers will be happy non the less. A bit of a fudged gaff up from the large blue one that cannot be named.

IMO it would have made little difference. Players who get an offer in January could sit on the offer knowing they have something to fall back on if no offers come in at the end of the season from other clubs it also gives the agent a basis to start negotiations with other clubs earlier and if the offer is less than the player expected it could affect form until the end of the season. Players come and go they always have and always will.

I am bitterly disappointed at losing some of our better players.

There must be some reason apart from money. Is the negativeness from last season something to do with it? It was reported that we had a dressing room full of happy players.

Mickey now has to prove his purchasing side of management to fulfil the faith of the fans and especially to the season ticket holders.

We've a load of bad news recently; it's time that we now had some good news about the signing of quality replacements.

does this also underline that the Academy spend is rather futile and confirms that it was a good decision to do a u turn and spend the money elsewhere.

It's great in principle, but as soon as an academy player makes a first team appearance then other clubs/scouts are attracted and we just don't have the money to offer more lucrative contracts to keep these youngsters with a view to developing them further.

better idea just play 5 a side just think of the money the chairman is saving still some players not signed deadline june the 2nd but its alright its reported they now have until next week . no new faces WE MIGHT WIN A 5 A SIDE with Neal pope Birchall Lines and Dickinson but if they get injured no medical staff we just might end up bottom of that as well Cannot sign any new players yet nobody to give them medicals

What the **** is up with you? No I'm not a very bitter misguided individual and I'm not under 18 either.

Do you think I'm a ****ing idiot? Of course I figured that out and did so a long time ago.....

What's wrong in asking for loyalty, especially when Adams gave him his chance?

Why would I say that? Because he's used us as a stepping stone and I hope he struggles.

It's time for me to put you on the ignore list anyway, every post and reply from you is offensive and over the line.

What a childish, vindictive attitude

Archived