onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

another mass shooting in America

TheJoker

Advert

I agree pretty much with what Paul6754 says.

Sadly, this won't be the last incident like this one. I don't like guns but I know a lot of very decent people who hunt. Try killing one of the feral pigs that run around the country with anything else. This young man apparently purchased his guns legally. With his history of psychiatric disorder, it should never have been allowed. That is a big issue.

Nobody has commented on the fact that the bloke stabbed 3 people to death to start with.

So are you saying they should ban fingers?

To be fair I don't think there'd be mass finger deaths if you banned guns.

If people want to kill in large numbers they will find a way to do it, I think guns should have strict controls but I doubt incidents like this would stop. Isnt there a ban on knives? Have people stopped stabbing others? Is it that difficult to make an explosive device from commonly used materials.

Banning guns wont solve the problem, unfortunately.

If people want to kill in large numbers they will find a way to do it, I think guns should have strict controls but I doubt incidenrts like this would stop. Isnt there a ban on knives? Have people stopped stabbing others? Is it that difficult to make an explosive device from commonly used materials.

How many mass shootings in the UK or Canada? How about France, Netherlands or Germany? Are you saying it is just coincidence that there are so many mass shootings in America?

The US of A is without doubt one of the worst, most evil nations in earth history. From it's gun toting, redneck, uneducated, NRA loving population to it hypocritical, terrorist arming, empire building government. As a nation they are beyond saving in my opinion.

Still, they make good TV Programmes.

If people want to kill in large numbers they will find a way to do it, I think guns should have strict controls but I doubt incidents like this would stop. Isnt there a ban on knives? Have people stopped stabbing others? Is it that difficult to make an explosive device from commonly used materials.

If someone was walking towards you and threatening you, would you prefer him to have a knife or gun?

Should it be ok for people to buy a tank? Granada launcher? Missile? It's the person who kills not the nuclear warhead! And anyway, you can buy a butter knife in Asda.

How many mass shootings in the UK or Canada? How about France, Netherlands or Germany? Are you saying it is just coincidence that there are so many mass shootings in America?

Im not saying that at all. Ban guns by all means but the killing wont stop, there are far better means of killing people than guns. There have been mass killings in the east by knife... I think there have been a fair few mass killings in most of the countries you mention... it may have been a few years ago and they may have called it a war. I like guns, I dont think they should be freely available.

If someone was walking towards you and threatening you, would you prefer him to have a knife or gun?

Should it be ok for people to buy a tank? Granada launcher? Missile? It's the person who kills not the nuclear warhead! And anyway, you can buy a butter knife in Asda.

Perhaps I should say just banning guns wont solve the problem, it may help and it will certainly help with gun crime, if you can enforce the ban. Banning guns wont stop the disturbed killing people, if they dont have or cant get a gun they will use other means, a knife, an axe, a bomb. Given that a fairly dangerous explosive can be made with off the shelf material its a fair guess that bombs would take over where guns left off.

For the mentally disturbed it not how they kill but the fact that they do.

You can buy a filleting knife in most supermarkets but you cant walk down the road with it in your pocket.... legally.

To me it's fairly straightforward.

Lots of countries have nutters. America's nutters have a disproportionately high murder rate due to them being armed.

This is what the some members of the gun lobby are doing in America.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628377/Sandy-Hook-truther-tells-victims-mother-daughter-never-existed-shooting-hoax-vandalizing-playground-named-little-girls-honor.html

Perhaps I should say just banning guns wont solve the problem, it may help and it will certainly help with gun crime, if you can enforce the ban. Banning guns wont stop the disturbed killing people, if they dont have or cant get a gun they will use other means, a knife, an axe, a bomb. Given that a fairly dangerous explosive can be made with off the shelf material its a fair guess that bombs would take over where guns left off.

For the mentally disturbed it not how they kill but the fact that they do.

You can buy a filleting knife in most supermarkets but you cant walk down the road with it in your pocket.... legally.

I must be missing the daily bombings in the uk using weed killer.

On the USA news broadcasts in this neck of the woods they're emphasising the killer being 'British born'.

Who gives a toss where they are born. Are the newshounds trying to claim some sort of 'national' high moral ground?

The mind boggles...

His great grandparents didnt vote labour did they Barry?.... well that explains a lot... its all clear now... ban labour, no more killings :blush:

Archived