onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

another mass shooting in America

TheJoker

Advert

On the USA news broadcasts in this neck of the woods they're emphasising the killer being 'British born'.

Who gives a toss where they are born. Are the newshounds trying to claim some sort of 'national' high moral ground?

The mind boggles...

I heard the very same thing today, one things for sure he wouldn't have had such easy access to guns if he had stayed in Britain.

Some of the comments below the video illustrate the issues but IMO they're not representative of the majority view who do want some form of gun control. Watching gun control debates on tv with members of the NRA is like watching a debate with Gerry Adams, Martin MeGuiness and Anjem Choudry all rolled into one but even more sinister. How on earth an organization with ca 40 000 members wields so much power is beyond me, democracy at its finest.

I too feel uncomfortable with the apparent power of the NRA lobby. However, I wanted to correct you on one thing. I believe they have something in the region of 4 million members (not 40k).

I heard the very same thing today' date=' one things for sure he wouldn't have had such easy access to guns if he had stayed in Britain.[/quote']

I hate to tell you this... It isnt that difficult to obtain a gun in the UK if your determined enough... you cant walk into a shop and buy one but you can if you look elsewhere.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Its like curing a disease, something else takes its place... the problem isnt the tool its the tool using the tool... take away the tools tool and he will find another one.

Then why do we not allow people to buy grenade launchers? Nuclear warheads? etc? Of course the person is the problem, but reducing ways that person can harm others is surely a good thing. If one of those 'tools' is walking towards you, would you prefer him to have a gun or knife?

I hate to tell you this... It isnt that difficult to obtain a gun in the UK if your determined enough... you can walk into a shop and buy one but you can if you look elsewhere.

He said you wouldn't have such easy access. Yes you can get access to guns, but in no way is it easy. Even once you find out who might be able to sell one.

Then why do we not allow people to buy grenade launchers? Nuclear warheads? etc? Of course the person is the problem, but reducing ways that person can harm others is surely a good thing. If one of those 'tools' is walking towards you, would you prefer him to have a gun or knife?

I agree guns should be restricted, I am simply saying that if they were the mentally unstable would use something else... Their prime desire seems to be to kill not shoot.

He said you wouldn't have such easy access. Yes you can get access to guns, but in no way is it easy. Even once you find out who might be able to sell one.

Lets hope they dont invent a 3d printer eh.

Guns are not that difficult to find if you are really looking for them, thankfully the great majority of people dont look because they dont want one.

Lets hope they dont invent a 3d printer eh.

Guns are not that difficult to find if you are really looking for them, thankfully the great majority of people dont look because they dont want one.

obviously buying a 3d printer for thousands of pounds, knowing how to put one together, including the parts you cant print, and then safely using it is just as easy as popping into the shop.

And its not easy to find for the vast majority of people. My mother wouldnt know where to find a gun. And people selling them arent going to sell them to any tom **** or harry that knocks on the door and asks. its plainly ridiculous to be arguing its anything comparable to the ease of access in America.

I'm pretty confident that if I wanted a gun badly enough I would be able to get hold of one..and the ammunition. Migt be some dodgy old shotgun rathr than an AK47 but I'd still have a gun.

Obvioulsy it's much much more diffucult in the UK but far far from impossible

All that legislation and regulation can do is make it as difficult as possible..but if someone wants a gun as long as they are made or old ones are out there, people will get their hands on them and use them.

One of the major issues in the States is that people not only see guns as a right but as the best means of defending themseves against the armed aggressor..it's vicious circle and it will take a hell of alot to persuade Herb from Buttsaw, Nebraska that he cannot arm hismelf to protect himself and his family from those that would do him harm

obviously buying a 3d printer for thousands of pounds, knowing how to put one together, including the parts you cant print, and then safely using it is just as easy as popping into the shop.

And its not easy to find for the vast majority of people. My mother wouldnt know where to find a gun. And people selling them arent going to sell them to any tom **** or harry that knocks on the door and asks. its plainly ridiculous to be arguing its anything comparable to the ease of access in America.

I didnt make that argument, its what you chose to read. I stated that if you wanted a gun in the UK you could buy one, thats it.

Im not saying that guns should be freely available, anywhere, although I have little to say about countries that freely sell them openly as I dont live in one. Im saying quite simply by banning guns alone you dont solve the problem of people killing, thats what some people do for whatever reason... I think, most serial killers dont use guns, shipman didnt use one, fish didnt use one, not quite the same argument but illustrates that people dont need a gun to kill if the are intent on killing... restrict the guns by all means but dont expect the killing to stop.

I didnt make that argument, its what you chose to read. I stated that if you wanted a gun in the UK you could buy one, thats it.

Im not saying that guns should be freely available, anywhere, although I have little to say about countries that freely sell them openly as I dont live in one. Im saying quite simply by banning guns alone you dont solve the problem of people killing, thats what some people do for whatever reason... I think, most serial killers dont use guns, shipman didnt use one, fish didnt use one, not quite the same argument but illustrates that people dont need a gun to kill if the are intent on killing... restrict the guns by all means but dont expect the killing to stop.

Of course not, but it could go down. No one is saying banning guns would bring the murder rate to zero.

And you possibly could get a gun. And you could also possibly get arrested if your efforts are reported to the police. Only those in certain circles wouldn't raise suspicions.

You said it wasn't the gun that killed people, but the finger pulling the trigger. Personally I think the gun helps. Running around wiggling your finger shouting 'bang' wouldn't do half as much damage.

Archived