onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Favourite ever goal?

Woakesy

It changed my opinion of him as a player

I think his whole performance in that game did for a lot of people. Covered every blade of grass, and carried the team. One of the best individual performances ive seen for england.

I thought we were only doing England goals, if its any goal, then its there are numerous that stick to mind. One from bergkamp in the prem whch got a lot of plaudits at the time. Van basten for holland where he hit the ball from the corner of the area into the opposite top corner. And as has been mentioned, foyle against stoke in the rain along with earle against bristol rovers and walker against spurs.

Advert

Best ever? Ronaldo (the Brazilian one) for Barcelona v Compostela (I think). Ran 2/3 of the pitch with defenders trying everything to stop him (legal or otherwise) and then finished magnificently

Beats Maradona's v England and that similar George Weah goal

Tommy Widdrington against Swindon. Poor player, playing in a poor game, between two poor teams. 83 poor minutes petering out to a 0-0 draw, then BANG, Widdrington, 40 yard volley straight in the top corner. Incredible stuff.

In general football, almost every goal from open play that Matt Le Tissier ever scored. The bloke was a genius, who never received the credit he was due.

England it would be Beckham against Greece. I agree with geo on that changed my opinion on him too, for all his faults(the fact he earns too much and his missus) he ran his ******** off for England and to put that ball where he did in that split second was a special moment!

For Vale it would be Naylor against Oldham or Ainsworth against Bristol City for skill level. Ray Walker's winner against Palace in the fog for a long ranger!

The promotion goal Earle scored against Bristol, had tears in my eyes. Perhaps it wasn't the greatest goal ever but it felt like it was.

A Beckford header into the Bycars goal. A poor skied cross came over from the left at which point I commented what a crap cross only for Beckford to rise like a Salmon and head in a great goal. Cannot remember the opposition or the year but to this day my mates still remind me of it,

Geoff Hurst's hat-trick goal, commented on by Kenneth Wolstenholme, "they think it's all over - it is now."

I doubt any of the youngsters on here will live to see us win the World Cup again.

Pure magic. And it was against the Germans! Can't be beaten.

More for the moment than anything else, but Robbie earles goal at stoke in the first derby for ages is something that will stick with me for as long as I live. For a long distance strike, then you have to go some way to beat kris Taylor's strike against Sheffield weds.

On a world level, any goal that maradona scored in the 86 World Cup. He may have been a cheat, but what a player. I don't think that I have seen a better player in my time, including the much lauded messi and Ronaldo!

Don't give a toss about England or Premier league.

The truly great goals for me could be Ray Walker or Robbie Earle but for the sheer pleasure of knowing it meant as much to the player as it did to us fans it has to be Goober against the *****

Steve Brooker against Brentford, LDV Vans Trophy Final 2001 at Millennium Stadium would be first one for me.

Second, Kris Taylor away at Accrington Stanley (2010 I think) - was sat right behind the post and saw him hit it with the outside of the boot from probably about 30 yards, looking to go about 5 yards wide and have it swerve in off the post. Proper Roberto Carlos-esque. Shame it wasn't caught on camera from that view as it swerved miles - the normal telly camera angle didn't do it justice

Archived