onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky to sign

jeff1966

Advert

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/league-one-transfer-gossip-micky-7153231

Coventry Telegraph,May 21st 2014:

League One transfer gossip:

Micky Adams ready to sign new deal as Posh striker attracts interest from Premier League clubs

It Also says Billy Knott might be on the way. To Bradford. I really hope Mickey can secure his services here.

Great news btw, never thought he'd leave after the experience he had a Sheffield and most think he's the best manager we've had in a very long time.

I thought the comments in the article to that point were good, but when I read the above, it made my blood boil! Smurf, why say things like that!!!???

You could have said: he's been a great manager for this club and with his stock and Port Vales reputation growing as a force to be reckoned with, it's a match made in heaven! We have a great fanbase here at Port Vale and we're collectively going to try and better last seasons success on the pitch.... Then call upon the fans to get right behind the whole club on match days!

Really cheeses people off! We're not little old Port Vale anymore! Do you think the Gills manager says that about having Peter Taylor? I think not!

Onwards and upwards! Go orn' the Vale!

Are you lot really that ****ing stupid? He obviously meant that Micky is better than League One but as per usual you all use it as a stick to beat the chairman over the head with. It looks like he has offered a deal Micky is happy with and therefore will sign up. Is that not what the vast majority wanted? Still not happy. Norman is pumping more of his own money in? Still not happy. Offer to take on board fans opinions? Still not happy

I'm getting utterly sick of people picking fault and criticising everything the manager and chairman do. You'll never be happy so **** off and grind your axes elsewhere

Are you lot really that ****ing stupid? He obviously meant that Micky is better than League One but as per usual you all use it as a stick to beat the chairman over the head with. It looks like he has offered a deal Micky is happy with and therefore will sign up. Is that not what the vast majority wanted? Still not happy. Norman is pumping more of his own money in? Still not happy. Offer to take on board fans opinions? Still not happy

I'm getting utterly sick of people picking fault and criticising everything the manager and chairman do. You'll never be happy so **** off and grind your axes elsewhere

If the knockers left you'd have nowt to spout off about Jim lad.

I welcome constructive criticism of the club, just not moaning for moaning's sake.

When's Micky signing for Shrewsbury by the way!?! :shifty:

The boring saga goes on zzzzzz corry at Vale park featuring moaning mickey and nasty norman and a cast of saddos with nowt better to do than slag each other off on Ovf

Ray, how does it feel to be wrong, AGAIN, about Adams? How do you rate our chances for next season? was it you that mentioned we will only be able to field a squad of kids next year and we were destined for relegation?

Care to change your mind now?

Ray, how does it feel to be wrong, AGAIN, about Adams? How do you rate our chances for next season? was it you that mentioned we will only be able to field a squad of kids next year and we were destined for relegation?

Rays in the know you know :laugh:

Exactly!!!!! 100%!!!!

Some of the utter garbage spouted on this thread by many people is hilarious! He said he'd make his decision in ten days. He didn't say 'In 10 days, I'll publically announced my intentions, go to The Sentinel, use the official website and various other media outlets etc..', did he? He had a break away, attended his daughter's wedding amongst other things, and has decided during the rest of the time between now and the end of the season, so what's the big deal? Far too many people always competing on here to be right and wrong, constantly belittling others for their opinions if it doesn't match theirs, and the usual suspects talking down to people, having a dig at Micky Adams, or generally trying to show off and act as if they're the mouthpiece for all Vale fans (which they're evidently not!)

We all have opinions, but at least have the decency to accept others have differing ones from time to time, hey? Instead of turning what is a very, very good piece of news into a slanging match and an argument, both of which are unnecessary and take the focus away from the main subject.

What's the point of him telling the media about when he's going to make his decision if it was going to be private?

Why did he go to all the effort of telling the media about it? He didn't have to if it was a private deadline.

You can't have it both ways. He doesn't have to say these things to the press - he can simply not comment. If he hadn't commented then I'd accept what you're saying about "not announcing it publicly" but he did comment! He's been giving comments freely to the media about his contract situation for months.

If he's been playing it in the public domain it's completely reasonable to expect that any decision made would be released to the public domain too.

However, as I've made my personal point many times now, I'm going to refrain from commenting on this any more.

I feel that I have made my point and I am just repeating myself. So, you can take it as a constructive criticism (managers should not always have pops at the fans) or as negativity - it's your choice.

I will be hoping for the official announcement of the contract signing to come out soon so we can all celebrate in earnest.

If that guesstimate is true (which I don't think it is) then that's a sad enditement given what we've achieved over the last 18 months.

Any supporter that isnt brainwashed will have moaned about something at some time , dont you think? So to get rid of all of them will leave a very low gate. Probably even lower than i quoted, but of course no one in their right mind would get rid would they? How many do you think moaned about Mold, for example.

Any supporter that isnt brainwashed will have moaned about something at some time , dont you think? So to get rid of all of them will leave a very low gate. Probably even lower than i quoted, but of course no one in their right mind would get rid would they? How many do you think moaned about Mold, for example.

There's a world of difference between what Micky has produced for the club compared to that bunch, everyone knows for example my distain for the piece of work that is Mike Lloyd.

Criticism of constant failure overseen by v2001 and MOLD is justified, constant criticism of a man that's produced arguably our 2nd most successful period in around 40 or 50 years is hard to fathom.

I'm happy being wrong. My views are personal against Adams, Lodey and Grew. Not Port Vale. Call me what you like but not dishonest.

I think they will have a similar season as last. My reservations involve relying on Tom Pope too much, the inconsistency of wide players and lack of pace at the back.

I think that there will be a fall out between Manager and chairman next season but heyho. I know nowt.

Archived