onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky to sign

jeff1966

Advert

Wait a minute, hasn't he already attended his Daughters wedding on Transfer deadline day, when we missed out on signing Lee Hughes first time around. What he really means is he's enjoying a donkey ride in Blackpool. :laugh::D

Smurf didnt go too... did he?:)

Although I sort of agree with you Rob(F), I don't think the "ten days to make a decision and doesn't" (sic) point is fair. Do you think Micky would pay legal fees to have a contract checked that he had no intention in signing- he's from Yorkshire for ****s sake!!! I think he made his decsion based on the facts of the situation as he understood them. Then he sent the document to his lawyer for approval which takes time. I'd say the ten days to make the decision was about right

:rolleyes:

Wait a minute, hasn't he already attended his Daughters wedding on Transfer deadline day, when we missed out on signing Lee Hughes first time around. What he really means is he's enjoying a donkey ride in Blackpool. :laugh::D

he may have more than one :rolleyes::yes:

Although I sort of agree with you Rob(F), I don't think the "ten days to make a decision and doesn't" (sic) point is fair. Do you think Micky would pay legal fees to have a contract checked that he had no intention in signing- he's from Yorkshire for ****s sake!!! I think he made his decsion based on the facts of the situation as he understood them. Then he sent the document to his lawyer for approval which takes time. I'd say the ten days to make the decision was about right

By the way, the Sentinel article has him saying that the contract was "passed it to his solicitor to review" on April 28th which is a lot longer (eighteen working days) than "ten days" even allowing for holidays and the like.

Link: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Adams-decided-Port-Vale-stay-10-days/story-21045778-detail/story.html

I have no problem with him taking his time. But if he wanted to make sure everything was OK with a lawyer then:

a. Don't come up with a deadline which is unrealistic

b. Why not speak to the press last week and say his lawyer was "away" and quell the "conspiracy theories"?

But I don't have a problem with him taking his time (he should have been offered the contract earlier) but what I do have a problem with is him moaning about speculation while he takes his time.

He says he's a "free agent" and "other people want to talk to me" (direct quotes made by him to the press) and then calls it "conspiracy theories" when fans (who care about the club) wonder who those "people" could be.

He could have avoided this by simply not having a dig and concentrating on the positive things - he is set to sign a contract, he is happy at the club, he's looking forward to the new season etc...

p.s. I'll still be delighted when/if he signs up (and that's not a conspiracy theory)...

I agree with cv(Andy) on the previous page, I’m not sure Adams is that likeable a bloke, neither do I agree with everything he says however how many football managers are who have been relatively successful? His record for us is very good and when all is said and done he managed the team to our first promotion for nearly 20 years. I also agree with Woakesy too, I think Adams has a year or 2 to run with Port Vale yet, and barring an awful run of defeats(god forbid) that would see most managers sacked I can probably see him getting it too. I still think he could achieve a bit more for Vale not necessarily a promotion, but another cup run where we pull a really big fish for a money spinner or perhaps another Football League Trophy run/day out at the new Wembley who knows?

Like Woakesy says if it keeps us on a sound financial footing that has to be deemed a success considering under the previous regime(before Adams came) we were heading on a one way ticket to the Conference within a season or 2. Even if we are ‘only’ steady/mid-table in League One for the next 2 seasons.

The point about Adams’ team falling away after xmas is interesting, last season we probably should have got runners up at least we certainly shouldn’t have been 3rd as we were a better side than Rotherham imo but we let them in! I’m not sure our form was overly bad after xmas this time we had some stinkers in the first half too (Swindon and MK Dons away for example). The away form went down the pan which was poor, but I thought we were more solid at home towards the end the Sheffield game aside.

I'm actually more surprised with the posters on here saying Adams is right and the fans who speculated are wrong.

In my view, it works both ways. Just as its wrong for fans to run down Adams achievements and post mischievous rumours, by the same rules it's not right for a manager to criticise gossip and rumours when his comments fueled the rumours in the first place.

I just think it's wrong on both sides - for fans to post malicious comments AND for the manager to engage in double standards.

p.s. I really do still want him to sign.

Agreed on that, though I would add as a few have that the club should have released an update statement around the 10 day mark to keep the fans in the loop.

I thought that, blvf. Sounds like he's been reading the Stephen Ireland book of excuses (of course, he could have more than 1 daughter!)

I thought that, blvf. Sounds like he's been reading the Stephen Ireland book of excuses (of course, he could have more than 1 daughter!)

According to Wikipedia, he actually has four daughters. ;)

I dont care much whether adams signs or goes, its his choice... Im just disappointed it has played out in public and the circumstances are poor at best... It should have been handled better and it should have been handled in private.

A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation.

If the above is true where is the conspiracy?... The only possible conspiracy is between adams and smurf... which is laughable when you consider the two of them... who caused the situation?..Smurf and adams... Who covered it up?.. No one, it was well publicised... There certainly wasnt any planning secret or otherwise... if there had been any planning it wouldnt have happened

Now your just getting personal.... smurf and adams made statements... I referred to those statements... or are they lying?

;) Some of the comments about Adams (not necessarily yours) were crazy, as George pointed out earlier.

They were clearly conspiracy theories from people wildly overreacting from the club failing to provide an update after the 10 days expired.

;) Some of the comments about Adams (not necessarily yours) were crazy' date=' as George pointed out earlier.[/quote']

You questioned the facts stated by adams and smurf by quoting jungle drums?

One mans crazy is another mans sanity... adams to me has questionable sanity... as someone has already stated his ethos of "them and us" puts the fans as "them"

Archived