onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky to sign

jeff1966

Advert

You are right Rob and the club should have made a statement and not left it to the manager himself however some of the comments running him down recently have been really quite rediculous.

To be fair to the club and as I say in my comment - it was Adams himself (not the club) who started all the rumours off by linking himself to other teams. It's not Vale's position to speak for the manager personally (it's the manager not the club who gave those interviews) so I think if Adams is looking for someone who started off these "conspiracy theories" then he should begin with a certain Micky Adams.

I hope he stays, I really do but I think it's really rich for someone who has been effectively touting his services and then goes missing (despite saying he would make a decision by a certain date) to then moan about speculation.

In my book, if you yourself start rumour and gossip then you shouldn't moan when others do the same.

Also people saying he is showing contempt for the fans and it is all about the money, with ZERO facts to back any of this up. Yet more anti Adams conspiracy nonsense.

George give them time, they will come out and take back their words I'm sure.

Now whats the next story we can create potential misery and bad feeling from... ;)

Adams a bit harsh in comments regarding a conspiracy, when he said he would decide in 10 days and didn't. What did he expect? Surely it would have been wise to release a statement saying his solicitor is away so it will be sorted out next week.

Spot on. :yes:

To be fair to the club and as I say in my comment - it was Adams himself (not the club) who started all the rumours off by linking himself to other teams. It's not Vale's position to speak for the manager personally (it's the manager not the club who gave those interviews) so I think if Adams is looking for someone who started off these "conspiracy theories" then he should begin with a certain Micky Adams.

I hope he stays, I really do but I think it's really rich for someone who has been effectively touting his services and then goes missing (despite saying he would make a decision by a certain date) to then moan about speculation.

In my book, if you yourself start rumour and gossip then you shouldn't moan when others do the same.

Sorry I meant the club should have made this statement regarding the delay as they knew fans would be asking questions. In much the same way that Micky normally announce players have signed.

Smurthwaite did give him the opportunity to look at other clubs as he admitted in the press and wanted him to heck and be happy with the budget.

Mr Adams can hardly moan about "conspiracy" when he told the press (he doesn't have to say these things to the press) that he would decide within ten days and then doesn't.

He'd have to be really thick not to know that fans who love this club would be concerned (as they are not to know he and his solicitor are off on holiday) when he doesn't meet that deadline and announce a decision.

He'd also be pretty dumb not to realise that the media will produce stories to sell papers (some based on bookmaker odds that are not made up from thin air) about links to other clubs when he himself has linked himself to by talking to the press (again something he didn't have to do).

I think he's a good manager and I hope he stays but there's a difference between being a good football manager and someone who's right on every other matter. In my view, all this passive-aggressive stuff he constantly comes out with is just utter rubbish.

It's never his fault when he's the one talking to the press about his options and coming up with deadlines he doesn't stick to.

I'll be delighted if/when he signs but labeling fans as "conspiracy theorists" is a bit rich when he himself linked himself with other clubs. He's entitled to link himself but he's not entitled to get upset when others link him after he unsettles things. It's the pot calling the kettle black, I feel.

A bit negative don't you think.

Firstly don't always believe what the press said that Mick had said and even if he did say I will decide in ten days he may well have done exactly that. Did he say he would tell OVF that he was signing?

He may well have decided in this time and then passed the contract to his solicitors to be vetted.

If there are conspiracy theorists lets not fuel the fire and give the man the courtesy of the time he needs to come to and to confirm his decision!

I genuinely believe it is the best interest of PVFC and Mr Adams for him to stay at the club and for the excellent work of the last two seasons to continue!

Micky's going to sign' date=' what are all the 'conspiracy theorists' going to come up with now?[/quote']

There are a lot more than just conspiracy theorists on here , unfortunately . Football fans crave information and when it is not offered to them from the direct resource they make assumptions and often believe whatever scraps other less knowledgeable people offer (including some with the IQ of a toenail clipping).

Most reasonable fans just wanted a decision either way so we can move on. Personally I am not Adams biggest fan , but also respect what he has achieved, and would only see him replaced by someone better which is a big ask. We are in a Stoke / Pulis position in that respect.

A bit negative don't you think.

Firstly don't always believe what the press said that Mick had said and even if he did say I will decide in ten days he may well have done exactly that. Did he say he would tell OVF that he was signing?

He may well have decided in this time and then passed the contract to his solicitors to be vetted.

If there are conspiracy theorists lets not fuel the fire and give the man the courtesy of the time he needs to come to and to confirm his decision!

I genuinely believe it is the best interest of PVFC and Mr Adams for him to stay at the club and for the excellent work of the last two seasons to continue!

I'm not the one who was negative to begin with. That was Adams talking about conspiracy theorists (mind you, it was only in the press and by your own admission they are not to be trusted).

I think it would have been better for Adams to shut up with his little put-downs and just say that there were no problems and he hoped to sign. He was the one who felt the need to have a dig even over something that should have been a good thing (staying with Vale).

I repeat, I am delighted he wants to stay but he put the cat among the pigeons with his "I have other offers" quote (no-one put a gun to his head and forced him to tell the Sentinel that) is he really that surprised that those comments and a lengthy delay would cause speculation?

I don't really understand his need to have constant snipes at the fans. Any intelligent person would know that having the fans on your side is a good thing and therefore bite their tongue about what they really think and offer platitudes about the "great supporters".

that should calm down the conspiricy theorists then what will be the next thing that they will be worrying about!!!

John this is your second post in this thread in you mention conspiracy in both even though MA says it.I don't see any conspiracy.Just because people. Don't agree with everything you say,just because people ask questions etc does not make what they say a conspiracy.

Considering this is supposedly a fairly straightforward contract renewal, they haven't half dragged the backside out of it for the last few months.

All that was needed was an official statement saying "Micky Adams has agreed terms and a contract will be signed shortly." This could have been done weeks ago and all the uncertainty surrounding the club would have vanished at a stroke.

The only "conspiracy" MA needs to worry about is one to get rid of him, up to I am not aware of one. Paper talk is there to sell papers, as someone said " when people stop talking about me I will be dead" thus MA should be only too glad he is being talked about in a football sense. Equally it is also easy for him to fan the flames if he wishes or not.

Great News that's micky expecting to sign his contract in the next few days :). and hopefully the season ticket sales will go up now that we will have a manager we are used to managing our club and giving us more success. Promotion to League one :) and finished Top half of league one last season. what's next?

Mr Adams can hardly moan about "conspiracy" when he told the press (he doesn't have to say these things to the press) that he would decide within ten days and then doesn't.

He'd have to be really thick not to know that fans who love this club would be concerned (as they are not to know he and his solicitor are off on holiday) when he doesn't meet that deadline and announce a decision.

He'd also be pretty dumb not to realise that the media will produce stories to sell papers (some based on bookmaker odds that are not made up from thin air) about links to other clubs when he himself has linked himself to by talking to the press (again something he didn't have to do).

I think he's a good manager and I hope he stays but there's a difference between being a good football manager and someone who's right on every other matter. In my view, all this passive-aggressive stuff he constantly comes out with is just utter rubbish.

It's never his fault when he's the one talking to the press about his options and coming up with deadlines he doesn't stick to.

I'll be delighted if/when he signs but labeling fans as "conspiracy theorists" is a bit rich when he himself linked himself with other clubs. He's entitled to link himself but he's not entitled to get upset when others link him after he unsettles things. It's the pot calling the kettle black, I feel.

Micky Adams has always been very good at creating a siege mentality in the dressing room, 'us versus them'.

When talking about the supporters I generally get the impression that he sees the fans as 'them'.

Archived