onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Letter From Geoff wakefield (former Director V2001)

andy jones

I wouldn't give them the privilege to reply to be honest, this needs to be sent far and wide today imo.

Giving them the option to reply is only being fair,honest and open. A concept that they should use.

Advert

Part of the reason that i was saying that we have been mis sold shares.

This needs sending to Bill Bratt,Peter Jackson & Perry Deakin(with Geoffs permission).When sent it needs to be asked for an immediate reply or it will be put into print elsewhere.

I'm tempted to sent a copy via e mail myself(maybe a few more should also do so).But even though it is now in the public domain it is only fair to gain permission to do so.I know that Bill Lodey reads this site so it may be that they already know about it.But we need to get them to give us their thought's.

Sums up perfectly why the current board have lost the goodwill and support of the fans. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that defends them. With any luck they'll be gone by the middle of next week.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't question what comes next and if Mark Simms is involved in that scrutiny then that's a good start.

Meh very well written and insightful but it's hard to get the least bit excited about another "preaching to the converted" letter that someone's "asked to be posted on OVF." These things need to go straight to the local media BEFORE they're posted on here!

Excellent letter, shows the founding principles of our club, some would say the tablets of stone. But would the media print it?

I dont really have any "spin" tony. Its all historical stuff, in line with what we all ready know that, basically, the current board got control of the club "on the cheap" by various means.

Does that mean they will relinquish control "on the cheap"? No.

Does that mean they would relinquish control at the right price to someone whose best interests are not port vale. I would hope not, and on balance I believe not.

As I have said many times on here, the only way I can see a deal getting done is if that deal is good for the board AND good for port vale.

Perhaps it is historical stuff but it does give an insight into what this board is all about and it's all about themselves.

So you dont think Mark sims has port vale at heart? Big statement.

No, I think he does. I just don't think the deal is very good for the board. So they won't accept it. And neither would Mo, if the shoe was ont he other foot.

So you will fully understand the animosity shown to the custodians

I understand to some extent that people are unable to "write off" in their minds the fact that they helped give control to the current lot on the cheap.

However, non of that animosity really helps the club does it? All that emotion means people act based on their hatred of the board over their love of port vale. Which is a shame, imho.

No, I think he does. I just don't think the deal is very good for the board. So they won't accept it. And neither would Mo, if the shoe was ont he other foot.

So basically where they have said they will step down if a deal is in the best interests of Port Vale, they have been lying?

Which is the point, it is the club that is at stake, local millionaires or Yank takeover by the backdoor. I am not expecting the board to accept it, only the true fans can do that.

Further evidence that the current board go about telling lies to Vale supporters.

People...print this off and show people who don't use this site.

No doubt the board will hit back and try to pass this off as just 'internet rumours!'

As I have said many times on here, the only way I can see a deal getting done is if that deal is good for the board AND good for port vale.

So would you agree that every single one of the individuals below:

Bill Bratt

Peter Jackson

Stan Meigh

Mike Lloyd

Glenn 'Hi-de-hi' Oliver

is motivated by self-interest rather than doing what is best for the club?

Archived