onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Letter From Geoff wakefield (former Director V2001)

andy jones

I've lost count how many times on here I've seen posts on the lines of, "I think Bratt has the club at heart", "I don't think Bratt is a liar he's just incompetent" even from some obviously anti-board posters.

Bratt is a scheming, underhanded, self preserving, self pitying liar of the highest order.

I genuinely hate him with a passion for what he is prepared to do to our club for his own ends.

If you are ever unfortunate enough to watch a game from the directors seats it really is quite sickening how Bratt, Jackson, Oliver et al have surrounded themselves with a few dozen blind "yes" men (women) who are all patting each other on the back while the club sinks. You'll see some of them at the EGM no doubt.

Surely now is the time to go, Bratt is in poor health, Meigh and Jackson in their mid seventies, cannot possibly have the energy and drive of much younger men like Sims and MC. I am not being ageist, but practical, and speaking from experience.

Advert

I hate (hate is a strong word, but I truly mean it) the current board. They've sucked my love for Port Vale out of me, and replaced it with anger, resentment and absolute confusion at the belief of some fans that we are moving in the right direction. I haven't even been able to celebrate the return of Micky yet, because I fee enough idiots will be taken in by another board propoganda stunt.

Cheeky, well said.:yes::yes::yes:

Every statement that comes out of the club just turns me against them more.

I have really fallen out of love with the club and will not be renewing my ST after 25 years support.

I personally know around 20 vale supporters & if they are representative of the vale fan base then the club/current board are facing big problems.

Roll on the EGM.===

If however as the shares were mis-sold under a false pretence and as the

legal precedent has been set with the historical "Melv precedent" then they

would have to pay back the shareholders and there will be a lot after June 1st if V2001 are still in power....the problems around the 24.9% rule was not part of the original one share holder one vote constitution and is neither here or there....it does not change the entitlement of the shareholders to get their money back.....and there is going to be a long line wanting their money back on June 2nd if V2001 don't listen to the shareholders at the EGM.

I propose that if this mob remain in power we should have a 'Share it with Melv' day where everyone queues for their money back.:yes:

===

Living away from Stoke I have not seen the story play out day to day and it is only recently I have taken regular interest in this and other similar fan social networks. So, the above letter is very informative and I feel more confident now that the adverse percpetions I have formed of the board once I started paying attention are well founded.

Surely now is the time to go, Bratt is in poor health, Meigh and Jackson in their mid seventies, cannot possibly have the energy and drive of much younger men like Sims and MC. I am not being ageist, but practical, and speaking from experience.

I think if you are in your mid seventies it may be possible to provide wisdom at meetings etc. But football is a business and it needs active businessmen and all their connections to drive it forward. ===

Living away from Stoke I have not seen the story play out day to day and it is only recently I have taken regular interest in this and other similar fan social networks. So, the above letter is very informative and I feel more confident now that the adverse percpetions I have formed of the board once I started paying attention are well founded.

If you listen to what people have experienced on the inside of the club Warren, you will I'm sure,come to the same conclusion as most of the real fans do and that is,this lot we have in charge at the moment,do not have the best interests of Port Vale FC at heart.:ohmy:

===

I think this is actually one of my main reasons why I am for change. We need people at the helm that have successful business history, but just as importantly, understand current technologies and have time ahead of them to implement plans, together with the motivation to drive through those plans.

I cannot understand why anyone in their 70's would want to be running a football club. More hassle than it's worth at that time of life.

If a fraction of this is true, it's shocking stuff but, unfortunately, completely believable. What really worries me is what will happen if this lot are still in charge after the EGM. How on earth would we get them out if the current effort fails?

It would look very bleak.

If a fraction of this is true, it's shocking stuff but, unfortunately, completely believable. What really worries me is what will happen if this lot are still in charge after the EGM. How on earth would we get them out if the current effort fails?

It would look very bleak.

Bleak,it would be catastrophic and knock the heart out of a lot of real Vale fans.:(

===

Archived