onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

season ticket sales update

andy jones

Fortunately now we are no longer shareholders, it isn't our problem! Our role is to turn up and watch the game. let the Chairman worry about running his business.

I never said it was our problem but that doesn't mean I'm not concerned about it. I read recently that a lot of people have closed their accounts at the Co-op Bank because they are worried about how the company was being run. Perhaps some people will not renew for the same reason. I hope that isn't the case but I could understand if it did make a difference to some people.

Incidentally, if our role is to turn up then surely the Chairman's role is to encourage us to do so and not tell us how kak next season is going to be if we don't!!

Advert

My final question/point is....how much of a dipstick will you feel if we do even better next season and you are shelling out £22 (or £26) to watch us, instead of £14 a game with a season ticket ?

I won't feel a dipstick at all because I won't be doing it!

I never said it was our problem but that doesn't mean I'm not concerned about it. I read recently that a lot of people have closed their accounts at the Co-op Bank because they are worried about how the company was being run. Perhaps some people will not renew for the same reason. I hope that isn't the case but I could understand if it did make a difference to some people.

Incidentally, if our role is to turn up then surely the Chairman's role is to encourage us to do so and not tell us how kak next season is going to be if we don't!!

Wonderful posting sums it up. I will renew my ST tomorrow at the match but not because of a single thing that the club have done to encourage me to do so. In fact they have done sweet FA (not a criticism Norm just a fact) to encourage me.

Quite frankly I don't care who is the manager the simple fact is that Vale is in my DNA but I do reserve my right to comment on the way the club is being run. Norm has done a great deal, particularly last season for which I will be grateful until my dying day, but as a business engaging with it's customers we are kak (apologies Jacko for stealing the wonderfully descriptive word) end of!

Hope you agree Bert that someone must have had a word in Norm's hear and he has listened.

Totally changes the picture for me.

I think that's why it's been a bit late coming Dave,he's looked at what people have asked for and has come up with the simplest and cheapest way of attracting ticket buying and of course it won't hurt the budget too much if we get 7-8 thousand tomorrow.Ive said on the other thread the 10 match ticket should be a real winner.

Hope you agree Bert that someone must have had a word in Norm's hear and he has listened.

Totally changes the picture for me.

It does beg the question, Dave, as to why he didn't listen and plan a proper season ticket launch in the first place instead of changing the kids' ticket price and now adding all these other bits. It just looks disorganised and like it's been planned on the back of a fag packet.

I am dissatisfied with the high level of uncertainty about the future of the squad, the manager and the budget. I am sympathetic to the need for the club to be commercially viable for the owner. But my self interest is the need to drive 140 miles round trip to every home games and the time that takes and what else I could do instead. Instead of incremental change the owner may be planning step change which is always much more risky and should only be done in a crisis. So I am minded not to buy and to wait tonight. But I can afford to be emotional and just do it, that may happen.

What you say Jean is exactly what I have been trying to say in my own 'ham fisted' way. As Smithie says it not our problem anymore. This is true but it our perogative to say whether we buy a ST or not. If many of the 'hardcore' fans are hesitating then it's clear that sales figures will be disappointing.

Today the fans only way of showing their unhappiness at the way the club is being run is with our cash.

Archived